Thirteenth Day

Winter Breeze

 

It’s bright.

 

The sun. It’s seeping through the slightly opened curtain. The familiar window that always been closed during the cold weather. The usual ceiling I’ve been woken up into for the past few days.

 

I’m alive. I still am.

 

I am fine. No scratch. Nothing pains me. I’m still breathing, I am alive.

 

The thing that made a difference is I have my memories back.

 

All things about Hakyeon. 2 years of watching and observing his life. 2 long years that made me into a Fallen. 2 years that I have absolutely no regrets at.

 

So, this is what Father means. After he bid me farewell, before I walk into the pit hole leading me to The Earth, he did said something that was confusing. 'I will keep it safe for now, until then it will be sealed. But I shall return what’s yours.' And now, it’s finally clear. And I was played all along. This beautiful silver haired guy is also suffered the same way. Our petty human life has been played. He doesn’t really fulfill my last wish.

 

He fulfill Hakyeon’s wish instead.

 

Because he already fulfill mine. ‘I want to be a human’ I said. He purposely gave the hint to take out my other wing in front of Him which I obeyed without further thinking. He secretly took that as an offering for me to be a human. So now, instead of being a prisoner of The Heaven’s jail because of my action, I’ve been able to walk around in Earth.

 

He had foreseen Hakyeon’s prays and chose to kill two birds with one stone.

 

The God who controls the past, the present, and the future. Why bother making such games? And now I can’t really tell whether I feel angry about all these trick that Father made us walk into or just glad that I could be with Hakyeon.

 

Hakyeon. Where is he? He must be the one moving me to this bed when I was unconscious. I must be heavy. I have to apologize for troubling him once again. And of course, for making him worried. He’s worrying about many things. And now he’s not sleeping beside me. Does he wake up first? I didn’t smell any food. The sun is already up. Is it maybe he… go to work? Leaving me here…? Well.. I think, I could understand. By the way, what day is it? How long have I been sleeping..? I should…

 

Oh.

 

This hand… That pile of blankets… Is that..? Ah, there he is. Hakyeon. Why would you sleep like this? You’ve been holding into my hand all night long? Why wouldn’t you sleep beside me you silly… How long have you been sleeping on the floor like this? I’m sorry to keep you waiting. I had better moved you to the bed before you get sick again. My guarded human, Sojin slept like this once and have a running nose the next morning. You shouldn’t let yourself be like that, Hakyeon. What should I do now? I think… I’ll get rid of these blankets around you first. It’s adorable seeing your silver hair poke out of these thick blankets. Anyway, you’ve always been adorable. I hate to see you cry though… Especially when… you cried on your parent’s funeral. I’ve never seen you being so sad before. That day was the first time I saw your black hair. And that day was also the day that I vowed to myself that I would protect you. Now, let me… Hm, Hakyeon, could you let go of my hand…?

 

“Mm…”

 

Oh…

 

“Taekwoon…?”

 

“Sorry… I woke you—“

 

Wait, wait, calm down, Hakyeon. Don’t suddenly tackle me like this… You could’ve hurt yourself.

 

“Taekwoon…”

 

Yes, Hakyeon. I’m here. I’m still alive. Please, don’t worry. Come closer. Here, sit down on my lap, it must be uncomfortable half standing and half kneeling on the bed side like that. Put your legs on my sides. Great.

 

“Don’t ever leave me again.”

 

“I won’t.

 

“Stay beside me…”

 

“I will.”

 

His body.. is trembling. Is he…?

 

“Stop… making me… worried…”

 

He is crying again… Hakyeon. Cha Hakyeon. Straighten you body, why are you crying? Did I worry you that much…?

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Let me wipe those tears from your face. Hey, don’t cover your face like that…

 

“I.. I thought… I thought you wouldn’t… wake up…”

 

“… I’m sorry…”

 

“You just.. s-sleeping… I was.. I was afraid…”

 

“… Sorry.. Hakyeon…”

 

“Stop apologizing!”

 

Ah… Sorry. I didn’t know… I didn’t know you would be so… sad, no, angry, worried.. I don’t know. Hakyeon, I’m sorry.

 

“Are you mad at me…?”

 

Silence. Just his sobs that could be heard. He slowly s his arms on my back again. Burying his tear stained face back on my shoulder. He’s still refusing to let me see his face, huh? His hair is tousled adorably. I don’t want to make you mad, Hakyeon… I’ve never meant to…

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

No? What do you mean? Why are you shaking your head? Does that mean you’re not mad at me? Why are you clenching my shirt so hard…? Did I do something wrong again…? Ah, I said sorry again, didn’t i? You didn’t like that.. I’m so—no, I meant.. Uh… Please, don’t be mad…

 

“Don’t be mad at me… Please, Hakyeon..”

 

“I’m not mad… I’m not…”

 

He nuzzled into the crook of my neck. Made me slightly shivered at it. Are you really not mad at me..? You looked upset earlier. What made you upset? Did I say something that made you angry? Did I insult you in some way?

 

“I’m not mad at you, Taekwoonie…”

 

You’ve finally stopped crying. Are you feeling better? Let me wipe your face. I’ve made you cried so much even though I’ve never wanted to... I should remind myself to be careful from now on. I don’t want to make you cry again. It must be exhausted right? Oh, you sneezed. Here, let me wipe it for you.

 

“Mmhm, don’t—mm… Taekwoon… I dirtied your sleeve…”

 

Fine with me. I could wash it later. Don’t worry about it.

 

“I love you so much…”

 

Oh. You kissed my forehead.

 

“I love you too, Hakyeon. Always.”

 

“D-don’t kiss my hand… It was stained with my tears… And snot… It’s dirty.”

 

Oh well, I already kissed it.

 

“You’re weird…”

 

Maybe I am. I don’t really know myself. Ah, your hair is messed up. You looked like a child Hakyeon. Adorable. Let me fix your hair.

 

“Mm… I bet I am very ugly right now.”

 

“No.”

 

“I don’t believe you…”

 

“You’re cute.”

 

“You lied.”

 

“Honest. You’re adorable.”

 

“Stop smiling like that… You’re too handsome…”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Stop apologizing~ Don’t laugh!”

 

Because you’re really adorable. Even though I tried to fix your hair, some of it still stood up proudly. They are so stubborn. Like you, sometimes.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Sanghyuk. Did he harm you in some ways? Is there any pain?”

 

“No. I’m fine.”

 

“Come here. I was so worried. Thank God you’ve finally woken up…”

 

“How long did I sleep…?”

 

“Mm? Oh, since you passed out… it’s been… almost 2 days…”

 

Is this… a déjà  vu?

 

“… Today’s Monday?”

 

“Mmhm…”

 

“You didn’t go to work…?”

 

“How could I work?”

 

“But… the manager…”

 

“I’ve told him. I offered him to cut my paycheck this month, but he didn’t want to. So, he decided to work us overtime for 3 days. Is it okay?”

 

Perfectly fine. We can’t burden him either. It’s a good think that he forgave us and told us to work overtime instead. Some other humans I’ve watched before didn’t even give Sojin a second chance and fired her from the office. Some humans just don’t have much kindness.

 

“… Leo isn’t it..?”

 

Huh?

 

“Your name…”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Do you remember my name? Sanghyuk did say it a few times.”

 

“N.”

 

“Silly isn’t it? Only an alphabet.”

 

It’s sound a little bit silly for me too. What kind of name is that?

 

“Yah! You must me talking bad about my name!”

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

“Don’t lie with a smiling face like that… Um, can I still call you Taekwoon..?”

 

Sure. I would like to be called like that. It’s you who gave me that name. I would be delighted to hear you calling my by that name. I like it anyway.

 

“Thank you…”

 

“Can I keep calling you Hakyeon?”

 

“Of course! Well, it also had been my name before. It’s nicer than just N, don’t you think?”

 

Hm. It’s better. N was… weird, I mean, unique. But Hakyeon was far better.

 

“So, what are your memories that had been sealed by Father?”

 

“I’m not telling.”

 

“What? Why?! Why can’t I know? Come on! This is not fair… Why would you hide something from me?! Ah, I don’t accept this! How can i—“

 

“Fine.”

 

“You will tell me?”

 

“No.”

 

“Wae wae wae!? Ah! You tricked me! Tell me! Tell me now!”

 

Ah, don’t shake me like this… You’re so funny, Hakyeon.

 

“Let’s introduced ourselves.”

 

“Introduce? Oh, you mean, our past life?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“Fine. Don’t forget to tell me about that memories of yours. Alright. So, My name was N. I was an Angel for 428 years, an Archangel for 356 years, 26 years of being a Death until I brought up to Heaven’s jail for killing a human I don’t supposed to. I was kept in that disgusting place for 400 years. And I’ve been living here for almost 3 years.”

 

So, that’s true, about you being a killer.

 

“I.. I really do have my reason.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I was.. I found my little brother. My little brother from my past life as a human before I’ve become a Heavenly creature. I found him being guarded by one of my Angel friend. I was already a Death by that time. I wasn’t really care at first.. but the more I watched him on every break time that I had, the more I got those feelings back. The feelings that I need to protect him as an older brother. The happiness when he graduated from his school, the sadness when he got a bad score, the disappointment when his girlfriend ended their relationship. It all came back and punched me hard. I was perfectly fine and sane until then, but when I got a file that has his name inside it. I was… out. I was completely blind. I got the order to take back his soul with my own hand. I should watch him die and wait for his last breath until I could drew his soul and took him to Heaven’s gate. I just… I can’t. So, I killed the one that was going to kill him. That’s what caused those burnt scars on my back.”

 

That was…

 

“Crazy, isn’t it?”

 

Well, it was harsh. I’ve never thought that you, among all creatures could take someone’s life like that. You weren’t that kind of people, Hakyeon. Not the slightest.

 

“Is he fine now?”

 

“Who? My little brother?”

 

Yes.

 

“Oh, well. You could see that Sanghyuk is perfectly fine and he even—“

 

“Sanghyuk…?”

 

“Hm? Yes, my ‘used to be’ little brother is Sanghyuk. Is he an Archangel right now? Wow, he did great isn’t he? He must be trying so hard maintaining his statistics~ He must be a hard worker just like his older brother~”

 

Oh.

 

So, Sire Hyuk is… his brother? His little brother? But, he treated Hakyeon badly, like he didn’t know him…

 

“But… He didn’t treat you like…”

 

“Oh, that. I know. Even though he’s an Archangel and he is able to know the truth about his past life, he only knew the past where I didn’t include myself in there. In his previous past, I was already an astral being he couldn’t see, so.. well. He just didn’t know.”

 

What an ungrateful child.

 

“Hey, don’t frown like that…”

 

You. Hakyeon, you are really weird. You sacrificed your wings only for saving a life that’s not even going to thank you? He even treated you like…

 

“He called you a sinner.”

 

“Well, it was… hurt. But, it is what I really am.”

 

No. What kind of a sinner that is as kind as you are? He should regret himself for not knowing you. He had lost a wonderful brother.

 

“Ah… I’m sorry for making you feeling bad…”

 

“No need to be sorry.”

 

“I hope you don’t mind staying with a sinner like me…”

 

“Enough. You’re not a sinner, Hakyeon.”

 

“I did kill a person…”

 

“You have your reason.”

 

“……………….. Taekwoonie… You spoiled me too much.”

 

Hm. You kissed my head again. I don’t mind though. I just love it when you do that.

 

“So, how about you? Um, Leo..?”

 

Oh. How should I begin? My record was quite embarrassing.. I mean.. Hakyeon was.. a Death. The highest rank on Heaven. Meanwhile, I was only an Angel… I’m not even finished my first duty well.. Not to mention he was helping Father for such a long time. Hundreds of years. Decades. He’s far more superior than I am…

 

“Leo? Um, Taekwoon..?”

 

“I’ve been… an Angel for… 25 years…”

 

“Oh.”

 

I knew it. It was embarrassing.

 

“Ah! No~ Don’t hide you face in my chest! Yah, why are you so embarrassed?”

 

“I wasn’t an useful Angel…”

 

“Nooo~ I’m sure you’re a helpful Angel. There’s no need to be embarrassed, Leo-yah! Even though in a short period…”

 

See. I am pathetic.

 

“Ah! Sorry! I didn’t mean to! Hhh… Sorry, Taekwoonie… What made you a Fallen anyway..?”

 

Ah.

 

“I broke my wings.”

 

“Huh? For what?”

 

“For being able to be a human.”

 

“What were you… that must be insanely hurt!”

 

“It was. It’s better because you treated those wounds.”

 

“So, you made those wounds yourself…”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why would you do that? Why risking your own wings? Why bother experiencing such pain?”

 

“I didn’t want to cause trouble with the human. I thought it would be better if I just.. pulled out my wings and made myself a Fallen.”

 

“That’s even.. I can’t believe you broke your own wings.”

 

“I have my own reason.”

 

“Copying me are you..? Tell me.”

 

“Because I have been in love with you.”

 


So, this is the last chapter. But! I think 1 more chapter of their love story wouldn't hurt right? So, i will update 1 more chapter. THE LAST! Until then, i will not flagged this story as 'complete', even though it's practically is.

It's been a short while since i first started this story and joined into this sweet world of Neo shippers. But you've welcomed me and support me so well! I was really enjoying myself in writing about the story itself, reading you sweet and encouraging comments, watching as the subscribers number and viewers rising one by one digits. This is all too great!

I knew this fic is not the best there is. I wasn't aimed to be the best either. Not with my still messy grammar and weird words. I just want to add more stories about this sweet and adorable pairings. But your responses was very... awesome! Great! Beautiful! Whatever it is! I thank you guys so much for being a kind reader, silent or not. I apreciate it so damn much!

The biggest happiness for me if you guys love the story i made.

Upvotes doesn't really important since, well.. it's just a new system that AFF had. I don't really bother. :P Your comments and responses that told me that you love this story was enough to made my day.

Thank you for being a reader of this story and thank you for giving it so much love.

I hope i could make a better stories in the future meanwhile i continue the fics that i put in hold. :'))

I love you guys! N-nyeong~ *waves *bows90degrees