Sixth Day

Winter Breeze

“Oh, Taekwoon-ah, come here sit with me~”

 

Okay.

 

“Eyy, dry your hair properly, will you? Come closer.”

 

Ah, thanks, Hakyeon. You spoiled me too much, you know.

 

“If you don’t dry your hair thoroughly, you’re going to get sick, remember, this is winter, okay?”

 

Okay. I’ll dry my hair properly next time. Ah, I think this is dry enough.

 

“Just a little bit more. Aannd, done~ You’re as handsome as always.”

 

Stop it. You’re embarrassing.

 

“Ooh, don’t cover your face with the towel like that~ Hahaha. Ah, so cute.”

 

Cha Hakyeon, stop saying that, please.

 

“What were you doing?”

 

“Me? Oh, I was reading a book. It’s a fiction novel. It such a cliché story, but I want to know the ending so, I still read it.”

 

What is it about? What kind of story is it? Is it a love story? The front image is pretty interesting.

 

“Hm? Curious are you? It’s about a male angel, falling in love with a female human. It’s kind of a sad love story. Up until the page I read now, the angel is struggling to or not to tell the woman about what he is, to or not to defy the angel rules. It’s pretty complicated. And cliché. I don’t really like the genre, actually.”

 

Yes, it is sad. And also cliché. Humans making a story like that as if they knew. They have to learn that it’s more complicated that it seems. It’s not all about love and happiness. It’s more about hard work and not defying the God’s will. Fall in love is never that easy. Not the slightest.

 

“It’s only a few pages left. I’ll tell you the ending next time. By the way, Taekwoon?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Are you sure you want to work?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“I mean, your back haven’t fully recovered yet. Are you sure you okay with that?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“I know you cook better than me, that’s why the café owner is giving his full approval when you said you want to work in the kitchen after you let him taste your ramyeon. The other workers were accepting you really quickly even if you’re the exact opposite of me and don’t talk much. Even in that café I’m doing my job as a waiter and will be with you all the time, I still…”

 

“Hakyeon.”

 

“But I have enough salary for the two of us. I don’t think this is—“

 

“Hakyeon. I want to work. I don’t want to be a burden to you.”

 

“I had never felt that you are burdening me the slightest bit, Taekwoon.”

 

“But I do feel that way, you have spent so much money on me. I want to repay you.”

 

“… I still don’t think that’s necessary.”

 

“I want to have money to make you happy.”

 

“But… Taekwoon… You don’t need to…”

 

“I want to.”

 

I knew I’m being stubborn, Hakyeon. But I can’t keep being spoiled by you like this. You’ve already been too kind to me. You have kindly taken care of a stranger like me who was lying on the snow, bleeding. You even do as much as trust me enough to let me stay here and protect me from the winter’s coldness. You are my savior. I want to do something for you, at least to make you smile. Even though you are already smiling every time. I just want to make you happy. I want to return your kindness. Every angel would be so ashamed if they know what kind of human you are. You are the most angelic creature that God have created.

 

“Don’t look at me like that… Fine, fine. But we’ll stick to our agreement, okay? No working your arms too hard, you are still recovering. If you feel pain, stop you activities for a while, but tell the other workers first so that they know and won’t think that you’re slacking off. Don’t forget to find me after that. Told me every single detail about what pains you or something wrong about your body. Going to work and back home with me. We’ll stick together like a glue no matter what. Okay?”

 

Yes, yes, Hakyeon. No need to get over so many details again. You had just told the same things a few hours ago. I still remember them clearly. You worried too much.

 

“Promised me, Taekwoon. Pinky swear!”

 

What? Pinky swear? How?

 

“You don’t know how? Let me teach you. Link you pinky finger with me, like.. this~ And put our thumb together. Yup, perfect. If you broke our promise you will stab by a thousand needle~”

 

Huh!?

 

“Hahaha, no, of course that’s just a saying, Taekwoonie, no need to be surprised like that~”

 

So, it’s not going to be real, huh?

 

“Cute Taekwoon~”

 

Ah. I think hugging me is a part of your new habit, huh? How come you could be so warm? Hm? What’s with your hair?

 

“Hakyeon.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Your hair is growing black.”

 

“Huh? Why is it growing so fast? Hhh.. I have to re-dye it again.”

 

“Your silver hair is a fake?”

 

“No! Not a fake! I dye it because I like it to be silver! I look best with silver.”

 

So, it is originally black? Like me? Most human here have black hair though. Some of them have brown or red but Hakyeon said they dye it that way. He didn’t told me that his hair is being dyed too. So, his hair is black. Like mine.

 

“It wasn’t black before. I don’t like it black. I look darker. Especially with this skin.”

 

Black wasn’t my hair color too. It was red. When I fall, and woke up, I just realized it changes into black. I like it black though. Red is too shiny. Black is better for me. Wait, so his hair wasn’t originally black? You said most human have black hair. If your hair wasn’t black… What are you, Hakyeon? This is confusing.

 

“I really don’t like my skin color. Even though I often go out or wearing long sleeves or hat to avoid the sunlight, the color still can’t be brighter.”

 

“Beautiful though.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It’s beautiful. It matches you silver hair.”

 

“…. Really? You like it?”

 

Yes, I like your silver hair a lot. Your dark skin is quite weird but I think that’s exotic.

 

“Woohoo, so, would you help me re-dye my hair?”

 

I don’t mind. I am hoping to be helpful to you anyway.

 

“Okay, let me get the hair dye first. Oh, while we’re at that, do you want me to cut your hair? It already touches your shoulder. Doesn’t it bother you?”

 

Ah. Now that you remind me. I think it’s been too long. It bothers me a lot actually. I think I need a haircut.

 

“Ooh, it’ll be exciting! I’ll get the scissors and a towel too.”

 

Wait. Are you.. even.. Do you have any experience on cutting hair? You tend to be reckless sometimes. Remember when you cook that fried rice, you mistook the salt and sugar. We ate ramyeon in the end. I don’t want to get bold, Hakyeon.

 

“Hah! Don’t underestimate me, Taekwoonie! I’ve work on a barbershop before, don’t worry I’ll make you even more handsome!”

 


 

A few days more till 2014!

I think this will be... 7 chapters long. N-nyeong everyone!