Tenth Days - Noon

Winter Breeze

 

“Hakyeon..?”

 

He’s sleeping soundly.

 

“Hakyeon. I brought food… Hakyeon..?”

 

“Mm.. Taekwoon?”

 

Damn, his temperature is getting higher. His face is still red. What is it called again? A fever.

 

“I brought food.”

 

“I see…”

 

“I’ll help you sit. Slowly… Good.”

 

“What did you make, Taekwoon..?”

 

“Rice porridge. It’s good for you sore throat.”

 

“How.. how do you know…?”

 

“I.. called Wonshik. Let me feed you.”

 

“No, i.. I can do it myself…”

 

“Open your mouth.”

 

“You’re so stubborn sometimes…”

 

Good. Eat up. I’ve never cooked porridge before. I just cooked it based on what I saw on the café’s kitchen. Jaehwan is a good cook, but he speaks too much like Hakyeon sometimes. I followed his steps, put the rice and chicken broth together, a little bit salt to add a taste. I put out the pepper because I don’t want Hakyeon’s throat getting worse than it is now. I add some ground chicken too so it’s not so plain. Wonshik said he must eat something soft and warm to get better. A lot of water at that too.

 

“Enough, Taekwoon… I can’t eat more…”

 

Just 5 spoonfuls? You need to eat more Hakyeon, you’re sick. Wonshik said sick people have to eat a lot to regain energy.

 

“2 more.”

 

“No….”

 

“Please…”

 

“Mm… alright.. fine…”

 

Yes.

 

“One more. Ahh.. Great. Drink this. Wonshik said you have to drink a lot of water.”

 

“Mm, ‘kay…”

 

I know I shouldn’t think this way. I know he’s in a bad condition but… he’s really adorable. With his sleepy eyes, his pouting lips, and his messy hair. He’s just too adorable.

 

“Hakyeon, do you have a thermometer?”

 

“Ne…”

 

“Where is it?”

 

“Mm… where is it… I think it’s on the first drawer under the television...”

 

“Okay. Just rest your body again. I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

“’lright…”

 

He’s been coughing a few times since his first wake up. The cough is getting worse by this noon. Now where’s that thing called thermometer. Wonshik said it was a tool to measure body temperature. He was really confused and sighed a lot when I told him I didn’t know what kind of tool it is. I feel really useless at times like this. He is sick and I don’t even know what should I do to make him better. I should’ve been human long time ago. So I would know how to take care of him right now. No, if that’s happened I wouldn’t get to meet Hakyeon and probably won’t live with him like this.. But still. I ended up asking Wonshik for help. Ah, there it is. A transparent slim thing, it’s like a pencil but has numbers like a ruler. I had better brought some cold water and small towel to cool his head down. Just as Wonshik said. Oh, and those medicine.

 

“Hakyeon…”

 

“Ne..., did you find the thermometer…?”

 

“Yes. Don’t rush, Hakyeon…”

 

“Don’t worry I could sit up by myself…”

 

Wait. How to use this thing again? Damn I forgot to ask Wonshik…

 

“Why are you making that kind of face..? Hehehe… Come here… put the thermometer in my mouth. No, the other end, yup. Dhank hyu… “

 

See, I’m useless. What would I do if I didn’t call Wonshik? I even forgot to ask how to use it. Why am I so stupid at times like this… Hakyeon… Would it be better if I just call someone over? I think Wonshik or Jaewhan would take a  better care than me. But.. I want to take care of you myself..

 

“Taekwoon, I’m done…”

 

Ah, okay. How.. do I read this.. ah, Wonshik said it’s like a ruler. Thirty… thirty nine.

 

“What’s the number, Taekwoon..?”

 

“39.”

 

“Ah… this is the worst… By the way, Taekwoonie..?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Have you called the manager?”

 

“I had. He said rest well, tomorrow is a holiday anyway.”

 

“Ah, I see… He didn’t mad or anything, did he?”

 

“No, he sounded worried.”

 

“Hhh… thank goodness…”

 

“Hakyeon, what are you feeling right now?”

 

“Mm.. my head is spinning… my throat is sore, my body ache… it’s cold…”

 

Let’s see. This one if for headache, oh, this is that thing called aspirin. This one is for… influenza? What is that? This is for sore throat and reduce coughing. No curing headache. This one is.. stomach ache? Why did I buy this? What should I give to him? I decide to buy a lot of different types of medicine. I asked the woman on the drugstore, and she showed so many medicine with different names, it was really confusing. I don’t really know so I ended up bought a few.

 

“Hakyeon, I bought these, which one will make you healthy again?”

 

“Oh.. these are so many… Mm.. ah, this one will do…”

 

“Here’s your water.”

 

“Thank you…”

 

Thank God I bought something he could use.

 

“Taekwoon, I’m sorry for troubling you since morning… I even wasted your money like this… You must be very exhausted and confuse because of me… I’m so sorry Taekwoonie… I should’ve been the one taking care of you…”

 

No, you are wrong, I’m worrying about you and you didn’t troubling me at all, I’ll do anything to cure you from you sickness. And don’t think that way, you didn’t waste my money at all, it’s just a material thing I could get from working at the café. Besides, all of my money is for you, I really don’t mind wasting it for you like this. And stop taking the responsibility of taking care of me on your own. Let me take care of you too, you said we have to believe in each other, why won’t you let me then?

 

“No, I’m sorry, Hakyeon…”

 

“Sorry…? For what…?”

 

“I can’t do much. I mean… I don’t know what to do. I want to make you feel better, I don’t want you to be sick, but I really don’t know what I should do. Don’t bother about my money, I told you that all of my money is for you, I don’t mind using it for your medicine as long as you feeling better. I want to take care of you like you take care of me all of these days, but.. I don’t know how. In the end, I searched for help from Wonshink. I am useless… I’m sorry.”

 

“Noo…”

 

What do you.. ah, you want to hug me? Let me come closer to you then. Your body hasn’t cooling down, huh? Maybe the medicine took a while to work… I hope…

 

“Don’t say it like that, Taekwoon. You are not useless. Not at all.. You are very helpful. I’m glad you’re here with me. I am the who don’t know what to do if you’re not here. You took care of me really well these days.. You cook for our breakfast, you made our lunch and dinner, help me with chores even though you don’t like to wash the dishes and clean the bathroom… You’ve been very helpful.. Please don’t say something like that… You have never been useless to me.”

 

“But…”

 

“No more buts, don’t think that way about yourself, okay, Taekwoonie…?”

 

“Hm…”

 

“That’s good… Ah, you’re so warm…”

 

“You are warmer, Hakyeon… Just lay down for now.”

 

“Mm.. okay…”

 

“I put the cold towel on your forehead, okay?”

 

“Mm-hm…”

 

And he smiled. Why is he so kind? I’d better put the damp towel on his forehead. Ah, make sure I didn’t wet his silver hair. Great, his face is relaxed right now, I think I did the right thing. His cheek is still hot. His neck too. Ah, he coughed again. I hope the medicine work faster so he could recover soon.

 

“It’s kinda funny though…”

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“This is the first time you spoke that much…”

 

… Well, I guess.. you’re right. I didn’t even realize it. I was so worried about you. I just let those words go from my mouth. It exhausted me a bit, I guess I really said too much. I’m sorry, Hakyeon.

 

“You are really worried about me, huh?”

 

Of course, why wouldn’t I? You looked so weak, your body suddenly got unusually hot, your breath is uneven, you even said your throat sore, or course I would be panicked immediately. You usually smiles all the time. Every time you woke up and saw my face you always put up that beautiful smile of yours. Never the likes of this.

 

“Mmhm, keep your hand there Taekwoon, it felt good…”

 

Okay. Oh, I think your body is cooling down a bit, or is it only your cheek?

 

“Taekwoonie…”  

 

“Yes?”

 

“Would you sleep with me? It’s cold…”

 

Okay, I don’t mind. Let me change the towel first. Oh, it became warm because of your heat. Wait, your hair. And done. Up in the bed. Wait the blanket tangled on my feet. Alright. Come closer, Hakyeon, I’ll keep you warm. I like it when your body fits my arms like this. But still, I think you should eat more, you’re too thin. Should I cook a lot of meat for you after you fully recover? Of course there will be a lot of vegetables too to balance it. You should eat more, really. You don’t need that diet thing. Eating is fun, Hakyeon.

 

“Taekwoon..?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Sing for me, please…”

 


 

Ahhh, i'm on vacation and i moved to different place yesterday. Internet connection is soooo hard up in here. It might be hard to update, but i'll make sure to keep updating even though i'll be longer than usual~ :D Happy almost new year!