Love Unforeseen 02

Love Unforeseen (Hiatus: Will not continue)

 

Love Unforeseen 02

 

I was browsing through the news to read about the concert that was held the previous day. 

It was a concert organized by me and my teammates. No one in my team expected that the mega concert would be a successful one because we only had a month and a half to plan out everything including executing it. 

As I was reading an article, my cell phone rang, "Shin SooAh speaking." I answered. 

"Good morning Team Leader Shin. I'm going to say this once and then hang up. Please contact all your teammates now. They including you have to report to the office before lunch time. See you at work. Goodbye," before I could say a word, the caller hung up. 

I was speechless. My mind went blank. I barely got any sleep because I reached home quite late. 

The bump out was extended to another two hours as a few valuable items were missing. I bet that my teammates are as sleepy and exhausted as me.



----------------------------------------

 

"Shin SooAh!" someone shouted out my name. 

"Hey JongDae!" I looked behind and saw my best friend. 

"Sorry... I can't talk to you now. I'm on a rush to the office," I apologized to him and continued to walk quickly. 

The distance from my house to my office was not far. It only took me twenty minutes to reach the office. 

JongDae speeded up and blocked my way with his bicycle. 

"Ya Kim JongDae!" I yelled at him. 

"Here," he passed me an extra helmet. 

"Why?" I was puzzled.

"Hop on. I'll send you to work," he smiled at me. 

"Oh okay..." I put on the helmet. 

"Silly... you put on the helmet wrongly," he helped me with the helmet.

Kim JongDae is such a sweet gentleman. No one would believe me if I tell them that because my childhood best friend is very well known as a trickster. 

It was a reason why JongDae and I clicked so well because we loved playing tricks on others. 


 

----------------------------------------

 

"Team Leader Shin, why do we have to be at the office on Christmas Eve?" one of my teammates whined. 

"CEO Kim..." I sighed when I mentioned his name. 

Kim JoonMyeon, the demanding CEO of Mount Eagle, had ordered me and my teammates to complete our report for our previous project before Christmas. 

We had no choice but to try finishing up the report on Christmas Eve because our event ended a day before. 

"Let's do up a plan so that we won't waste any time," I suggested.

"Okay!" my teammates agreed.

Everyone gathered and we began to plan out our schedule for the day. It was actually not needed but my team loved to do things in order. 

That way, there would not be any forms of miscommunication or misunderstandings.

"First step, each person will have to write an individual report about the event. No personal feelings please. " a team mate pen down what I am saying.

"Second step, email it to your respective manager. For example, finance team will only send their reports to the finance manager. Please send it to the correct manager..." my teammates were laughing really hard to the statement. 

"You don't laugh. It happened before. Previously, there was someone from the marketing team who  sent his report to the logistic team," I informed them. 

"Third step, each manager has to write out a one page report based on the reports that you received. Fourth step, each manager has to email your final report to me. And... finally, Assistant Choi and I will arrange everything neatly and write out a summary. Is that okay?" I asked. 

My teammates nodded and automatically, they began doing their reports. I was blessed to be able to work with cooperative teammates. I was glad that they think of me as a leader and not the youngest in the team.


 

----------------------------------------

 

A few months ago, no one was confident that I could lead the team well because I was new and the youngest in the office. 

Each day, I had to tolerate with their childish attitude. They did not listen to me. They argued with me. Some even threatened that they would leave the team. 

"You may leave. I'm not stopping you. I'll like to see if the other teams want to accept you," I said. 

"The reason why you are working together with me is because... None of you are wanted in the other teams including me." I revealed the truth.

"If you continue to behave like this after hearing what I've said, it's your loss and not mine. I'll still be the youngest team leader who will lead you and find ways to make all of you shine. I don't care if you treat me as the youngest outside but not in the office..." I paused. 

"In the office, I'm your team leader and my first mission is to make each and every of you shine so that we can prove to the other teams that my teammates are among the best of the best," I ended the unexpectedly long speech. 

From that day onwards, our teamwork become better. Within six months, we managed to organized a total of ten successful events, seven small events and three big events. 

Because of our great teamwork, we won the most prestige award, Best Team of the Year. 


 

----------------------------------------

 

"Why do you look so pale?" I asked my assistant. 

"H-H-He..." he stuttered. 

"What?" I was impatient.

"CEO Kim is on his way here," my assistant announced.

"All right Team Clover, back to position!" I instructed them.

My teammates and I loved to put on a show for CEO Kim. Our team was known as little pranksters because we are among the youngest in the office. The oldest was the same age as CEO Kim and youngest is me. 

"Well done Shin SooAh and Team Clover for the impressive concert! The client was satisfied with your work and he wishes to work with your team again for other events," CEO Kim complimented me and my teammates. 

"Thanks to our team leader, we gain another client. Our team leader is really good," one of my teammates praised me.

"The event was a success because we worked together. Once again, thank you all for your hard work and contribution," I thanked my teammates. 

"Since the atmosphere is good now, let's go for a drink," CEO Kim suggested. 

My teammates agreed. Furthermore, it was a treat from the boss. 

They were busy packing up while I continued to take my own sweet time to complete the impressive concert's report. 

It was an excuse for me to not join them as I did not like the drinking idea.

"Team leader, you aren't going to join us?" my assistant asked.

"I don't drink. Tell CEO Kim that I have an important appointment to attend," I told my assistant.

I finished up my report before rushing to Delights, a restaurant owned by WooBin Oppa. It was the only place where I enjoyed having my lunch and dinner. 

Other than enjoying the nice meal there, it was also a place where I met nice friends, Jung HaNa, Kim KiMin and Seo MinAh.

 


This chapter is brought to you by CharmingSmile. Do comment and show your support and love! We hope you enjoy today's chapter! ^^

Published: 28.12.2013, 7:50 pm