Love Unforeseen 08

Love Unforeseen (Hiatus: Will not continue)

 

Love Unforeseen 08

 

Just when Ki Min wanted to try and hail a cab, a car honked at her which made Ki Min drop her phone on the ground.

“Aish…Who’s the irritating-” Ki Min picked up her phone swiftly and turned around.

 

She couldn’t see who was in the car, due to the screen of the window…

Ki Min walked over, gathering some of her courage to perhaps scold the irritating who scared her.

Before she could even knock on the window, the window went down and revealed her boss.

Mr Kim, the new boss who had recently taken over Soul.

 

He was rumored that he had done illegal dealings with the mafia at the behind the scenes, a man that has done and gone through way too much things a normal person would have encountered.

However, Ki Min wasn’t convinced by those rumors at all, since the face of her new boss looked so docile and he wasn’t the type to be going with the bad influences?

 

“Get in.”

Ki Min wasn’t really sure what she had heard, did her boss just asked her to get in his car or it’s a hallucination due to her being too cold outside?

 

“If you want to become one with the snow, I don’t mind, but...the guy at the back would rage at me.”

Ki Min wasn’t sure what to do, it was really kind of her boss to offer a ride…and it’s freezing…

 

“Ki Min ah, get in here before you freeze your off.”

A familiar voice?

 

“Jongie oppa?!”

She got in the car without hesitation.

Ki Min shivered slightly, and slowly warmed up due to the warm temperature in the car.

 

“Your sis won’t go with strangers easily. That’s good.” Mr Kim chuckled at while driving.

 

“I’m not a kid you know…” Ki Min protested with a pout and suddenly realized she was speaking too informally with her boss.

“Don’t worry, Min Seok doesn’t go on his Boss mode during non-working hours.” Jong In pats his sister’s head, assuring her.

She nodded, and looked at her brother, mind filled with questions to ask.

 

“Just ask.”

As usual, her brother could read her mind.

They are twins, so maybe the twin telepathy thingy does work?

 

“The relationship between you and…” Ki Min hesitated.

“Min Seok.” Min Seok interrupted.

“Please call me Min Seok…Mr Kim is my father and also…It sounds old.” He jokes.

 

“Xiu minmin and I go wayyyy back.” Jong In smiles.

“The first time we met, we beat the crap out of each other.  Remember that day I came back with a bruised lip and I couldn’t stop laughing?”

Ki Min nodded and remembered how creepy her brother looked, laughing to himself with that beat up face of his.

“Xiu minmin here got his in boiling water by offending one of the big guys.”

“Big guys???”

“One of the mafia gangs. Of all people, he went against the left hand man and was captured as hostage.”

 

Ki Min grasped.

 

“This guy tried to escape 5 times… He got beaten till his soul almost flew out.”

“Hey…I almost succeeded but you came and in-“

Jong In shushed Min Seok.

“I was supposed to tell the story. You, hush. Eyes on the road.”

Min Seok grumbled and turned back.

 

“I went in and saved him, he got mad that I spoilt his plan and we ended up beating each other.”

Min Seok and Kai laughed while Ki Min shook her head, she does not understand the reason of their laughter.

“Are we reaching soon?” She asked, in hopes that the others are not already there.

“Yup.”

They reached Delight restaurant.

 

It had a simple exterior, white was the most commonly used colour for the design, followed with black. Sophisticated yet simple.  But what was more attractive, was the inside.

The restaurant had been designed according to the Boss of Delights. He wanted to make sure that every seat was comfortable and power sockets were available at sight.

The main unique selling point was that the restaurant was also a bar at night. The restaurant was split half, one section deliberately for the bar.

 

There was a grand piano up on the stage of the bar, and Min Ah would use to play Yiruma’s songs for them.

What Ki Min liked most aside from the restaurant’s desserts (those especially with strawberries), were the memories created at Delights.

Soo Ah would rap occasionally and sing, solely depending on her mood that day.

Ki Min would sing a few tunes and sometimes the Boss would be so kind and let them book the restaurant just to celebrate special occasions like their birthdays.

 

She kept hinting the Boss to change the restaurant’s style sometimes, to attract even more customers but the Boss doesn’t want to change because he wanted to see how far it’ll go for his style.

Ki Min was fond of the Boss, but she doesn’t look at him like how Hana does…

To Ki Min, the Boss was a big brother with an old man’s soul trapped inside.

 

Then, she realized. Why do all of the bosses she know, have Kim as their surnames…

“Maybe I’ll become a boss too.” Ki Min chuckled.

She waved to her brother and Min Seok, before pushing the door open.

She breathed in, like always, scent of green tea floating around.

 

“Welcome…Wow, aren’t you early?”

Ki Min pouted at Mr Kim, he always teases her on her punctuality.

“Woo Bin oppa, do you have it?“

“Yes. Specially for you, such a picky customer.” Woo Bin patted her head.

“How’s Hana doing?”

Ki Min decides to check on Hana’s progress with Woo Bin.

“I allowed Hana ssi to leave work earlier today so as to get ready for the event later.”

Ki Min nodded and replied with an “Oh”.

 

This guy is still using honorifics with Hana! They haven’t done any progress..

“Aish…That girl…” Ki Min mumbled.

 

“Go take a seat. You have to wait today instead.”

“Huh?”

Ki Min noticed that neither Min Ah nor Soo Ah had arrived.

 

She spammed their phones with cap-locked words and they replied that they’ll be reaching soon.

Ki Min played her phone while waiting.

She hates waiting.

 

Suddenly, her phone buzzed and it was text message from her brother.

 

From: Jongie Oppa

Take care of the guy for me.

Thanks.

 

She frowned, who is her brother talking about?

The door opened and there was a familiar figure wearing a red and white sweater at the door.

“Min Seok…?”

Ki Min waved at him and he came towards her, and Woo Bin walked right behind Min Seok…giving Ki Min the “looks”.

 

Ki Min furrowed her brows at Woo Bin’s actions and asked Min Seok to take a seat.

“I’m not interrupting, am I?” Min Seok asked, with a grin on his face.

“Nope. The more the merrier.” Ki Min smiled back.

 

She swore that she’s gonna kill her brother once she gets back home.

How dare he throw her boss at her and she can already foresee the scenarios that will come true very soon.

 

Min Ah would ask if Min Seok was her boyfriend, Soo Ah would take the role of a father and interrogate him…Hana would constantly wiggle her eyebrows at her.

She felt faint for what she has to endure later.

 

“The menu here has lots of varieties huh.” Min Seok scanned through the menu.

“Uh huh. This restaurant  is my favourite.”

“Oh? Is it because of the strawberries?”

“How did you know?!” Ki Min went jaw-dropped.

“Observation.” Min Seok smiled confidently.

 

“Explain…Was I over-doing it with my obsession?”

“Mmm…partly. I noticed that your eyes would shine whether strawberries are mentioned.”

“That’s nothing new. My best friends told me that too.” Ki Min chuckles.

“And your belongings.”

“What about it?”

“Most of them had strawberries on it.”

 

“Are you attempting to be a stalker?”

“I stunned you with my explanation…” Min Seok folded his arms and smiled.

He sat facing me, laid-back and looked at me for a while.

Ki Min wasn’t sure she should be impressed or freak out...

 

“Tell me something about yourself.” She wanted to try pushing his buttons.

“What do you want to know?”

“Just tell me anything…favourite colour? Favourite food?”

“Ok…My favourite colour is blue. I love hotpot.”

 


This chapter is brought to you by MYFOURKs. Do comment!

Note that there are minor changes to Love Unforeseen 07 on the chapter list.

I hope you have a great reading experience, do comment as well! <3

Published: 21.02.2014