Chapter 7

One Little Letter

"Hamster Gyu!!" Woohyun called out loudly in the quiet room, much to Sungjong's surprise.

An irritated male poked his head out from his desk, and with a low groan of annoyance, he walked towards the trio.

"I have a name, a proper one if you haven't noticed, Nam Woohyun. It's Kim Sunggyu, and you ought to call me Sunggyu sshi. I'm the head of the student council, I deserve some respect, especially from someone like you. What do you want today?" He said with an annoyed tone. 

"There's a BIG problem, Gyu hyung!" Sungyeol exclaimed.

"Aww Hamster Gyu's being fussy today! So cute~" Woohyun cooed as he ruffled his hair slightly, ignoring Sungyeol.

"Yah! I'm older than you! Stop that!" Sunggyu shouted, only to be given glances from the other students in the room. Noticing this, he whispered, still using an irritated tone. "Let's go out first."

"So what is it?" Sunggyu asked as soon as they were out of the door. "Wait..." He trailed off upon noticing the unfamiliar company.

Catching Sunggyu'a gaze, Sungjong stepped up and greeted him with a small smile before bowing. "My name is Lee Sungjong, and I'm the new transfer student." 

Eyeing Sungjong warily, Sungyeol said, "He's ignoring me!" 

Sunggyu's small eyes widened as he heard this, and quickly, he reached a hand out and bowed as well, not caring for Sungyeol's reply, he said, "That was rather inappropriate of me, not noticing you. My name is Kim Sunggyu, and I'm the head of the student council in this school. You can address me as Sunggyu sshi." 

Amusement lit up Sungjong's features as he replied, "Yes, I believe I knew that from the meeting just now." 

Once again, laughter was heard as Woohyun went hysterical with his response. "Hamster Gyu, don't you just love him? He shares the same strengths as me!" 

"Hello? Is it Invisible Sungyeol Day or something? What am I? Air?" Sungyeol shouted as he watched the annoyed look Sunggyu threw Woohyun before putting on a smile again. 

"Shush, Sungyeol. I bet you were scaring him with that big mouth of yours." Sunggyu snapped quickly before turning back towards Sungjong, leaving a shocked and wronged Sungyeol standing. With a smile, he asked, "Do you need any help? Should I go through the proper procedures with you? Perhaps tell you where your classes are?" 

Taking a look at his watch, Sungjong nodded urgently before giving a grateful smile. "That would be great. Thank you." 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong trailed behind the teacher carefully. His heart was beating fast, the nervous feeling from before was settling in again. He had been surprised at how calm he was when he had been with the three. They had somewhat  reminded him of Niel and his friends, and a heartwarming feeling crawled into his heart. Recalling the past memories, he smiled again. 

"Lee Sungjong? Lee Sungjong? Would you like to introduce yourself?" A voice jerked him out of his thoughts as he looked at the class of curious faces staring at him. 

A warm blush crept to his cheeks once more, and starting in his soft voice, he said, "Good morning, everyone. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lee Sungjong, the new transfer student. I hope to get along well with everyone soon, so thank you." With that, he ended with a smile.

Continuing, the teacher said, "Do try to help Sungjong here along the way." A round of applause was given and with a small wave of his hand, the teacher pointed towards an empty seat near the back. "You can sit there, Sungjong." 

Giving a small nod of the head, Sungjong walked silently to the back before settling his books down. 

"Hello there!" A loud greeting was heard, surprising Sungjong who dropped his bag down with a thud.

Hearing this, the teacher gave a disapproving look before speaking. "Dongwoo, not now." 

Turning his head to find a cheerful looking student, Sungjong watched as he gave an apologetic smile to the teacher. Upon noticing that the teacher's back was turned, he immediately turned towards Sungjong and with a wide smile, he whispered, "My name's Jang Dongwoo. Or you can call me Dino. Sungyeol said you're kind of quiet. Are you? You don't seem to be." 

Glancing at the teacher's back, Sungjong slowly gave a smile before replying. "I think he's kind of talkative, don't you think?" 

A laugh shot out as Dongwoo heard this, and quickly turning around, the teacher gave him a another stare. 

Noticing this, his hands shot to his mouth, and once the teacher turned back again, he flashed a thumbs up under the table towards Sungjong. 

Stifling his laughter, Sungjong quickly busied himself with the lesson.

 

A/N: Hehe! :D Sungjong's fitting in well! :) /dances/ I kept my promise! Comment more please! And thank you so much!