Chapter 5

One Little Letter

"I'll visit soon, Sungjongie. We'll still be friends, right?" 

"Of course, Niel." Sungjong had replied with a smile. 

Niel sighed as he walked home after a visit to Sungjong's house. It was partially his fault, letting Sungjong confess to a guy like that. He should have known, a popular guy like Myungsoo would simply toy with people's feelings. Anger crept in once again as he remembered the scene that morning. That Myungsoo hadn't even noticed that Sungjong was gone, not until he finished the letter and looked up with a smile. Oh how he wanted to wipe that memory away. Lecturing himself once again for not going after Sungjong earlier, he looked back at the pretty small house with the familiar smell of candies in the air. 

 

 

School was boring as he walked through the seemingly endless hallways, listening to a few of his classmates ramble on about the newest idols. 

I wish Sungjongie was here. He thought as he opened his locker tiredly. 

A sudden figure surprised him, and looking over, Niel found Myungsoo staring at him with his sharp eyes. Seeing that it was the guy who had caused Sungjong's heartbreak, Niel shot back a glare before slamming his locker shut, walking away angrily as he did so. 

"Wait!" Myungsoo called out, making Niel feel very much annoyed. 

Turning around with the very same glare, Niel asked, "What is it that you want this time? Haven't you done enough?" 

A soft sad look came over Myungsoo before he walked up to Niel, and in a soft tone, he asked, "Where's Sungjong-sshi? Why hasn't he been here this past few days?" 

The question brought much irritation to Niel, and with an angry tone, he questioned, "Why do you want to know? Do you want to try to hurt him further? All of you are the same, never caring about anyone but yourselves." 

The statement surprised Myungsoo but quickly, he answered, "I just need to know. I didn't mean to hurt him like that. It was-"

Angered by Myungsoo's deny, Niel immediately cut him off.

"How dare you say that you didn't mean to hurt him like that? Do you know what it feels like, to be disgraced like that, especially by your own crush? Sungjongie has never cried like that before! And now, he's transferred to another school, unable to face the people here, unable to face me! Do you know how long it took before he was persuaded to let me in? My best friend can't face me, just because of you, this stupid arrogant selfish guy!" He fired furiously.

Shocked by his sudden outburst, Myungsoo took a few seconds before recovering his composure.

"You... you mean he moved? To another school? Be... Because of me?" He asked, awaiting a confirmation.

Unable to calm down, Niel replied with a furious shout, "Yes! Because of you!" 

With that, Niel stormed off angrily, ignoring the looks of the bystanders. 

 

 

 

Sungjong fiddled with his bag strap as he stopped in front of the school gate. 

Come on, Lee Sungjong. You can do this. Breathe in, breathe out... Just do it like how you did on the first day then, when Myungsoo...

Recalling the memory, Sungjong closed his eyes once more as he struggled with his thoughts.

Just walk in, ask for the general office, and settle yourself in without much attention.

"Hello! Are you the new transfer student?" A cheery voice shouted, alarming Sungjong, who let out a tiny shout of surprise.

Opening his eyes, Sungjong found a laughing male, one that was slightly taller than him with a smile that showed his pink healthy gums and white teeth. 

Noticing Sungjong's confused expression, the male cleared his throat and stood up straight. 

Flashing a smile, he stretched one hand out and said, "Welcome! My name is Lee Sungyeol, and I'm the..." Trailing off, he scratched his head, as if he was recalling something. A few seconds passed, and shaking his head, he continued, "I'm supposed to be the person leading you around and telling you stuff you need to know but I forgot what the name for that is. Oh and nice to meet you!" 

Still slightly alarmed by this loud stranger, Sungjong remained still, looking at the taller male.

Seeing that he was not getting a response, Sungyeol grabbed one of Sungjong's hand and shook it, much to Sungjong's surprise. With a smile, Sungyeol continued, "Let's go! You know, you're really strange. Most people would just shake my hand in response, but you just stared at me like some alien. Wait, are you an alien? Or are you not the transfer student? But you're wearing our school's uniform. Is there something on my face?" As he went on and on with his questions, Sungjong continued keeping his silence, choosing to stare at this talkative Sungyeol.

He can really talk... 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait! It's just been really really hectic for me, but I promise to update more, especially after February, I'll try my best! I currently have this program going on, and it takes up a lot of my time, and it only ends after February so... /smiles/ I hope you'll like this chapter! And thank you again! Please comment lots! :D /throws namu hearts/