Chapter 8: A Bicycle Ride.

Pretty Boy Lu.

 

Chapter 8: 

Making Moves.



 



Rubbing his eyes from the lack of sleep, Baekhyun sighed as he picked up his school bag, and bid farewell to his mother, not forgetting to add 'I love you' at the back with a peck on her cheek which never fails to make his mother smile. She gestured for Baekhyun to exit the house before he gets late for school, and the boy nodded as an acknowledgement, and waved one last time before stepping out of the door. 






 
 
Byun Baekhyun is the only child from a single-parent family, his father died due to a virus that had infected his blood and little Baekhyun that was just 6 then didn't get what his mother meant by 'Daddy has gone to a far, far away place that is better for him...Now it's just you and I, Baekhyun-ah.' but as he grew older, he gradually accepted the fact that his father had left them, but as what his mother said, he has has gone to a better place, a place where he won't feel the pain that was torturing his body anymore. 
After his father's departure, his will wrote that his beloved wife would obtain the money that he had left for both mother and son and that honestly made Baekhyun's mother relieved, but not until her mother-in-law snatched the money away from her. 
Baekhyun's mother then took up two jobs, mainly to pay for the household bills and living expenses, but all those that she earned wasn't enough, so she sold off the four-room apartment and moved into a much smaller space with little Baekhyun. But the size of the apartment didn't matter, what they only had didn't matter, as long as both mother and son has each other, that is more than enough.







 
Walking down the streets with still sleepy eyes and earpieces plugged in, Baekhyun had already memorized the route to school since it's his second year there already, even if he closed his eyes, he would be able to reach there by his senses but he didn't want to risk doing that. After all, he might get knocked down by a car. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With eyelids that are heavy, Baekhyun struggled to keep his eyes open as he continued following the route. He heard a faint voice calling him, Nah, no one knows me at all. Pushing each sides of his earpieces back into his ears, Baekhyun blinked a few times before continuing. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun!” A deep voice called out once again. Guess who? Yep, absolutely Park Chanyeol. 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
“Baekhyun!” Still no response.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
“Baekhyun! Baekkie! Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol chanted from the back. Paddling faster on his bicycle, he caught up with Baekhyun's pace and looked at the boy that was clearly sleepy judging by how Baekhyun was about to drool with his eyes struggling to keep open. 






 
Chanyeol chuckled before removing his left hand from the handlebar and gently tapped Baekhyun on his shoulder. That action surprised Baekhyun as he jolted and turned to his left, only to see Park Chanyeol on his striking neon yellow bicycle. Hey, Park Chanyeol is sure rich, but he prefers cycling to school rather than getting chaffeured. Weird or Unique?  But geez, that must cost a bomb.  







Seeing Baekhyun that was spacing out, Chanyeol patted his head. “Get on. ” was all the taller said and Baekhyun finally snapped out of dreamland and looked at the boy with clueless looking eyes. Chanyeol smiled, he then pointed to Baekhyun with his index finger, then pointed to the backseat of the bicycle. That caused Baekhyun's eyes to widen as he pointed at himself, as if asking, 
“Me?” Chanyeol simply gave Baekhyun a toothy grin and nodded, and there was no way Byun Baekhyun could reject Park Chanyeol's offer right? He got on the bicycle as instructed, sat sideways and felt two large hands pulling his arms to a waist. Correction, Park Chanyeol's waist. Sleepy Baekhyun didn't really care about what his arms were currently wrapped around, all he want and needed right now is sleep, and so he did, with his skinny arms wrapped around Chanyeol's waist and his head leaning onto Chanyeol's back. What he didn't know was, Park Chanyeol was actually grinning like an idiot while paddling his way to Superior High. I mean, who wouldn't be happy if your long-time crush has his arms wrapped around your waist and head leaned onto your back? Knowing that Baekhyun had most probably dozed off, Chanyeol made a mental note to check for drool stains on his leather jacket later on.








 
cd101.gif



 




 “Err....uhm.. I could walk to school?O-or or I could-”Luhan tried to find excuses to reject Sehun's offer of sending him to school. But will Oh Sehun be convinced?







 “Bull, now get in the car. ” Sehun rolled his eyes at the excuses Luhan came up with just to not arrive in school in the same car as him. Looking over to Luhan, who huffed and started walking away from the Black Mercedes. Sehun rolled his eyes again. 







 “Come back here right now and get in the car, before I carry you and shove you in. ” Sehun threatened, but it doesn't seem like it's working. 







 “One. ” Sehun breathed out.



 “B-but- ”



 “Two. ”





 “Ugh. ”







Admiting defeat, Luhan grumbled as he pulled the car door open and slipped into the car. He pouted as he looked towards Sehun. 






 “People will stare and whisper, Young Master! ”





 “Then I'll give them a session of free disfiguring. Now drive please, Chaffeur Park. ” 








 
cd101.gif







 
Upon reaching the school compounds, the first thing Luhan saw when he stepped into the gates was girling crowding in a circle, around two boys on a bright coloured bicycle. One seems bigger and and another looks much smaller. They'll make such a cute couple. Oh my. Wait what, isn't that Baekhyun!? Luhan quickened his walking pace and squeezed in between the crowd and finally made it to the front. It's Baekhyun! Oh my god, Park Chanyeol? Baek's drooling...Why are they together in the first place!? 







Ignoring the crowd that was surfaced, Chanyeol turned back a little and used his right hand to ruffle Baekhyun's light brown hair, which caused the latter to yawn and rub his eyes, waking up from his sweet slumber. Rubbing his eyes to get clear vision, he looked infront of him, P-park Chanyeol!?? and as he looked around, Oh this is not good...But fortunately he was able to spot Luhan who gestured him to come over and Baekhyun immediately lifted his head off Chanyeol's back, at the same time unwrapping his arms from his waist too,  muttered a soft 
 “S-sorry, I drooled...” then after running off to Luhan who held his hand and ran into the hallway. Chanyeol chuckled, Stop making me fall deeper for you, Byun.









 
cd101.gif
 







Breaktime reached, the students bowed before walking out of the classroom. Needless to say, Luhan, Joonmyun, Minseok, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Tao sticked together as one. 







Walking out of the classroom which led to the hallway, Kyungsoo stopped at a poster that was pasted on the wall which wrote: 'Baking Classes with kindergarten kids, learn useful baking skills and tips, while at the same time interact with kids to get to know them better!'








“Oh baking! Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are into baking! So am I! Wanna go?” Tao pointed to towards the poster and Joonmyun smiled, “I don't see why not, after all I'm into taking care of little kids, right Minseok?” Junmyun received a nod from Minseok, which turned to Luhan who gave a thumbs up. “I'm interested in both! And I'm free from my housekeepi- uh... I'm free from my job! Yes free from my job, on Saturday.” Luhan scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, dang, almost let it out that I'm working for the Oh Residence...








Jongin, who just returned from the restroom saw the six boys that crowded around some poster pasted on the wall. And right after they walked away to the direction that led to the canteen, Jongin walked to the poster, smirked and ripped the poster off the wall and headed back into the classroom. 







“What's that piece of paper for, did you that out or?” Kris mocked Jongin who just placed the piece of paper on Chanyeol's table since they were crowded around there. 








The other five boys leaned closer to see what was printed on the poster and scoffed. 








“Baking classes, with kids? Jongin, really? God bless you and your stupidity.” Jongdae face-desked. 








“Minseok, Joonmyun, Zitao, Baekhyun, Luhan and my Kyungsoo baby is going.”








“....”








With that, Jongdae shot up from Chanyeol's desk. 








“ this, I'm going.
” The five boys said in unison. 










 
cd101.gif


 
author's note:
done with Chapter 8! finally. 
so tired but managed to squeeze my brain juices and wrote this. not a very long chap but at least something~
i actually wrote my own life experience in this chap. 
the part where baek's dad died when he was 6.
my dad left me when i was 6, due to the cause i've written down in the paragraph.
that's probably the only memory i still remember from 2006. sigh ;_; 
other than that, i'm actually not an only child, I have an older brother that is current sole breadwinner of our family~ ^^ 
at least i think the baekyeol part is not bad hahAHAHAH.
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! sorry for the long wait!
next chap is baking classes! haha, who's excited?
like the usual, subscribe, comment(pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease it makes me happy i swear i always check the comment box when i'm in school)
upvote if you'd like to!
will reply to comments in the next chap since i'm dead beat right now.
love you all <3 muaaackz.


tweet me: @eelynbby
follow me on insta: @xingbuns
tumblr blog: 
http://taorishunhanbaekyeol-kaisoo.tumblr.com/