Chapter 8: Majestic

Human

Jaemi's POV

My head is pounding like OMG, and I haven't gotten enough sleep these days. My debut as a member of EXO is coming up and although I'm not here to be an artist, I can't help but be nervous. I mean, I'll be performing infront of thousands of people!

I can't fail or make a mistake because I will surely get blamed if ever their name sinks down do the bottom of the ocean (which I'm pretty sure won't happen). I'm sure the other members don't like me too.

"Well, I better eat" I went to the kitchen and heated the leftovers from last night. The others haven't been talking to me as much as Kris and Baekhyun so I'm glad that Kyungsoo talks to me sometimes....Even I get happy when a boy talks to me, it's human nature.

I put one scoop of rice in my plate and ate it with the bulgogi as fast as I could. Then I went out to the veranda only to be met with a horrible view.

Very horrible I tell you. It's like cereals squished with milk and it goes along with rotten bread. Pure ugh.

 

"What the actual freak?! Why are- I mean why are you- How are you there?!" He asked stuttering.

" Nice......hairstyle and make up Yixing."

"Yeah, Thank you-- I mean no! Why are you there? Answer!"

"You don't know? I live next to you guys." I said. " Had some kind of party last night? You look messed up. Very messed up." I continued.

"Well everyone looks messed up when they wake up, it's normal." He retorted.

No dude. Not you. You are very much far from normal.

".........You look like a horror clown. That's not normal. Definitely not."

"Everything about me is normal. And don't act as if we met years ago. Call me sunbae."

This arrogant clown. -_-

"Oh Xing-ge, you're here, I was looking for you." Tao popped up "You were so funny last night! You were dancing in a girl's clothing and you were holding a magic wand! Hahahaha." He cracked up.

"........Normal you say?" I raised my eyebrows at Yixing.

"Oh, Jaemi, you're--why are you there?" Tao asked as he looked at me with scrutinizing eyes.

"She lives here." Yixing butted in.

"Yeah, what he said. Now if you may excuse me, I have to get ready as I will be going to the company." I said

"You're going? Why?" Tao asked me.

"None of your- Oh I'm going to record a few songs and practice the dances. Also tell the others to meet at 8:00pm in Starbucks and don't forget to wear disguises okay?" I said quickly.

"It's not like you're our boss." Tao mumbled.

"I'm not. It's just a simple request or order. How hard can that be? All you have to do is to tell the others what I said." I replied, hearing his complain.

"Whatever, just go." Yixing said.

These guys. So rude. They are most definitely not deserving for the attention of their fans.

Shaking my head at their behavior, I got ready and made my way to the company.

-----SM Ent.----

"Uncle. I'm here to report." I knocked at his door.

"Jaerin! Come in, come in." he said. I opened the door and sat infront of him. "Present your report now." He signaled.

"Yes, uncle. Well, these past few days I've met the boys, there are some whose attitudes changed for the worse and some, for the better, but there are also some who remained the same throughout their entertainment years. But of course, this is just my observation. It's still not complete, so I ask more time to spend with the boys, if possible."

"I see..But Jaerin, the time you're asking for is...impossible, there's only 2 weeks left for you to prepare for your debut stage. If I'm going to give you that time then..we're going to have to extend their comeback." he reasoned. I understood what he was trying to say but I really need that time.

"But uncle, if I practice and record half day for a week and spend the rest of the day with the boys it could work. Teamwork is also needed so we can perform better on stage. What do you say?"

"But you would have to practice two times the regular if you want that to happen." He said with a concerned look.

"It's fine, I'll just have to work harder. I'll start today. I'll be going now. Thank you very much uncle." I said and bid him farewell.

Well what the heck, I got my self two times the work I never expected. I'll be getting myself sick if I work my body too much and today, I'm going to record Miracles in December.

I checked my map and stopped in front of a familiar recording studio.

"Hello everyone, I'm Shin Jaemi. Pleased to meet you." I bowed to the staff.

"Hello Jaemi-sshi. Please get inside." The producer gestured and I went inside. "Okay start."

I exhaled and inhaled then finally started.

(listen to Miracles in December)

" Boiji annneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseuda
Deulliji annneun neol deureuryeo aesseuda

 Boiji anteon ge boigo
Deulliji anteon ge deullyeo
Neo nareul tteonan dwiro naegen eopdeon himi saenggyeosseo

Neul nabakke mollasseotdeon igijeogin naega yeah
Ne mamdo mollajwotdeon musimhan naega
Ireokedo dallajyeotdaneun ge najocha mitgiji anha
Ne sarangeun ireoke gyesok nal umjigyeo

Nan saenggangman hamyeon sesangeul neoro chaeul su isseo eum~
Nunsongi hanaga ne nunmul han bangurinikka

 Dan han gaji motaneun geoseun neol naegero oge haneun il
I sseuldeeomneun neungnyeok ijen eobseosseumyeon jokesseo ooh~

Neul nabakke mollasseotdeon igijeogin naega
Ne mamdo mollajwotdeon musimhan naega
Ireokedo dallajyeotdaneun ge najocha mitgiji anha
[Baekhyun] Ne sarangeun ireoke gyesok nal umjigyeo

 Siganeul meomchwo (nege doraga)
 Chueogui chaegeun (neoui peijireul yeoreo)
 Nan geu ane isseo (oh~)

 Neowa hamkke inneun geol

 Aju jogeumako yakhan sarami neoui sarangi
 Ireoke modeun geol (nae sarmeul modu)
Bakkun geol (sesangeul modu)

 Oh~ sarangi gomaun jul mollasseotdeon naega oh~
 Kkeutnamyeon geumanin jul aratdeon naega oh~
Neo wonhaetdeon geu moseup geudaero nalmada nareul gochyeo ga
Nae sarangeun kkeuteobsi gyesokdoel geot gata

 

 Siganeul meomchwo (oh! Ije na)
Nege doraga (nege doraga)
Chueogui chaegeun (oh! Oneuldo)
Neoui peijireul yeoreo
 Nan geu ane isseo oh~

 Geu gyeoure wainneungeol

Boiji annneun neol chajeuryeogo aesseuda
Deulliji annneun neol deureuryeo aesseuda
"

*clap*clap*clap*

"That was great Jaemi-ssi! Your voice was smooth and it had all the feelings contained. We didn't even have to correct you! You're going to be a great vocalist someday!" The producer told me.

"Thank you very much for the compliments, I appreciate it a lot. I will do better in the future." I bowed, smiling.

It wasn't the first time I was complimented for my singing but each time I was, I've always been grateful. Singing was my only talent useful for entertainment. I wasn't that good in dancing but I always do my best. I'm better with vocals than in physical things. That's why after singing, my speciality is rapping.

I went out of the studio and went to a room. My rapping coach was already there. Ms. Goldman. She was an artist back in U.S. and she was excellent at rapping and beatboxing as well as singing but she already quit. I chose her as my coach because she was the best (or at least I believe she is) and she's a friend of mine. I can't choose a male coach because, well, for one, I'm NOT a guy.

"Samantha! Can't believe you actually agreed to coach me" I spoke in english, hugging her tightly in the process.

"Jaem! I missed you a lot, I couldn't pass an offer like this! Plus, I heard the scenery here is great and that there are some cute boys lurking around." She spoke and kissed my cheeks.

" Still the skinship monster I see, and what the hell do you mean by 'some cute boys lurking around'? Cute and HOT boys are EVERYWHERE. Of course, not like I'm THAT interested bout them." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Cutting off on your use of bad words? Does Korea have some kind of effect that makes you a better person?" She mocked.

" Bad words? Are you a kid? And yes, maybe it does have that effect, so I hope it works on you so you could stop that reckless smoking. You're going to kill yourself." I told her, my face void of any emotion.

"Seriously? Okay, I'll try to stop. But I aint guaranteeing you anything. SO lets start with the first lesson. You have to take a deep breath before rapping. It's kind of like a boost. It makes your rapping more faster than you intend it to. Can you try that rap that you practiced for two weeks? After that, breathe in and rap again." She said.

So I did as she told me and I rapped Zelo's part, the one I showed Chanyeol and the others. I was out of breath when I finished and I jumbled a few words. After that, I took a deep breath and rapped the same thing again, and this time, I didn't jumble any words and I rapped faster.

"I see what you're trying to point out." I said, panting.

"Of course you do. I printed a few tongue twisters here, they're some of the best. Practice these everyday so you can lessen the chance of jumbling your words. Come back here everyday too, so I can check up on your progress okay?" She said.

" You sound like a doctor, but yeah okay." I grinned and headed for the dance studio.

"Greg!" I greeted my instructor.

"Hey, Jaem. I take it you already met Sam?" He asked me.

"Yeah."

Greg is Samantha's fiancee and they have a really strong bond, they're always together, he's also Samantha's produces back in the days.

"So, what are you gonna teach me today?" I asked him.

"Growl, but before that, let's practice a few moves that we did before." He said.

" Which of those? Dubstep, GIO remix, or TYBE?"

"Not those. You know the dance that we did for our competition on 2011?" He asked.

"Ah that. Sure, just let me warm up first." I stretched and jogged a couple of times in the room. Then we danced to the beat.

" You're as flexible as ever. BUT in the Growl choreography, you need to be a bit stiff, and edgy, I can't explain it clearly but you understand right?" He explained.

"Yeah" He taught me the dance moves and I practiced it about 20 times when he figured it was time for a rest.

"Jaem, you practiced hard today. You already memorized the steps, but rest at home okay?"

It was now 7: 55 pm and it was time to get to know the boys better. I went to Starbucks and ordered 13 different flavors of coffee. I hope they'll like it. I rented the place out and no one was there except for the workers.

"They're not here yet, well that's fine, it's not 8:00 yet anyway."

8:00 pm "They should be here by now, oh well, only five minutes have passed anyway."

 

8:30 pm "Why is it so cold? And they're not here yet."

 

9:00 pm "Jerks, where are they?" I shivered because of the cold.

 

10:00 pm "These drinks are gonna be wasted. I should carry them home. But I should at leat wait for a bit more, what if there's a traffic and they got stuck?"

 

11:00 pm " I already checked my phone if there's a traffic and there isn't. Maybe they forgot?"

 

12:00 am "Maybe they didn't want to go. I should take these drinks home. Hey can you please pack up these drinks?" I asked the worker at the cashier.

"sure maám." she did so and handed me 2 plastic bags containing the drinks.

Those jerks, they didn't even bother showing up. Not even one of them. I went to the park and settled down the drinks on the ground and I sat on the swing.

"JERKS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER SHOWING UP! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU!" I shouted and I saw my frosty breath. I looked at my surroundings and found a dummy and darts shop. Why was it even open, I went in anyway and bought 12 dummies, dart guns, a few coats, slacks and shoes.

I grabbed the drinks and went into an isolated garden that is my secret hideout.  It's located deep in the woods where you can see the the stars in the night sky.

"Man, this place is the same as ever, so beautiful and majestic. So....magical. I wonder if I'll be able to bring a boy here someday, like when mom showed dad her most favorite place in the world. Well, I'm sure that won't happen anytime soon. I am having trouble talking with guys after all. AND the boys are making me want to crush the ground!" I sat down and enjoyed the scenery, sipping on my capuccino.

KyungSoo's POV

We knew that Jaemi told us to meet in Starbucks at 8:00 pm because Tao and Yixing said so but for some reason, majority of the group didn't want to come and we somehow ended up spying on her.

We watched her for 4 hours sitting in the cafe alone, waiting for us to come and honestly, I was guilty. We made a girl wait for us for 4 hours. We're being total as****** and we all know it. Some of the members are reluctant but the others are so into it.

We followed her to this place, and it's really nice. There are glowing flowers and the moon shines so bright it's as if we're in a movie. I was stopped from my train of thoughts (actually, we all were. We are so into describing the place in our heads) when we heard someone singing.

"Yeah, you can be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You can beat the world
You can beat the war
You can talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can beat the clock (yeah)
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you gon' find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

You can be the hero
You can get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

Yeah, do it for your people
Do it for your pride
How are you ever gonna know if you never even try?

Do it for your country
Do it for your name
'Cause there's gonna be a day...

When you're standing in the hall of fame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Be a champion, be a champion, be a champion, be a champion
On the walls of the hall of fame

Be students
Be teachers
Be politicians
Be preachers
(Yeah)

Be believers
Be leaders
Be astronauts
Be champions
Be truth seekers

Be students
Be teachers
Be politicians
Be preachers

Be believers
Be leaders
Be astronauts
Be champions

Standing in the hall of fame (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah, yeah, yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

(Be a champion)
You could be the greatest
(Be a champion)
You can be the best
(Be a champion)
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

(Be a champion)
You could beat the world
(Be a champion)
You could beat the war
(Be a champion)
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

(Be a champion)
You can throw your hands up(Be a champion)
You can beat the clock (yeah)(Be a champion)
You can move a mountain(Be a champion)
You can break rocks

(Be a champion)
You can be a master
(Be a champion)
Don't wait for luck
(Be a champion)
Dedicate yourself and you gonna find yourself
(Be a champion)

Standing in the hall of fame"

It turns out it was Jaemi singing. Her voice was MAJESTIC and it was so soft like a lullaby. The song was far from that category but she made it seem like it was a lullaby. We looked at her and she set up dummies and dressed them up in coats and slacks, heck she even gave them shoes AND wigs.

" Their faces are blank. So boring. Should I draw them faces? I can't draw realistic so I'll probably just draw anime faces." She told herself and drew on the dummies' faces. After a few minutes, she backed away and gave us a full view of what she drew and.... well, don't they look familiar?

"Their heights are the same, that's such a shame. But okay! This is Minseok, Luhan, Yifan, JunMyeon, Yixing the Jerk, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Zitao the Brat, Jongin, and Sehun. I did a pretty good job myself if I was asked." She said.

El OH EL those were us? Talk about AWKWARD. Hi dummy EXO.

"Oh, wait, I'll change Yixing the Jerk's clothing. Eww what a misunderstanding, I'll never change that jerk's clothes.....just his dummy. What did he look like again earlier in the morning? Oh right! And Zitao said he wore a dress too." She put a heavy blush-on on Yixing's dummy and dressing it up in a pink fluffy dress. She added a magic wand and messed up the wig.

"Yixing, how did she find out that?" JunMyeon hyung asked him and Yixing seems too dazed to answer.

"Now that's what he looked like earlier in the morning. It's..1:00 am. I'm tired already, but the next event will surely wipe the tiredness away!"

She grabbed a dart gun and slowly walked towards us.

"! are we found out?" Sehun asked nervously.

It didn't seem like she knew we were there and she looked at the dummies again before closing her eyes and firing the dart gun wherever she pleased.

The darts hit Yixing-hyung, Tao, Jongin, Minseok-hyung, Yifan-hyung and Junmyeon-hyung's dummies' chest area.

"OUCH." We all whispered, wincing at the sight.

" Target locked. This dart gun is plain awesome. I'll bring this tomorrow when I invite them again to go out. If they don't appear, I'll just ambush their dorm and massacre everybody. I'll make sure to hit them in the vital points so they'll die." She said with a glint in her eye.

That alone made us run to our dorm so we could prepare for tomorrow.

We all know we're cowards but who cares when there's a girl, much a less a band member of our own, who's on her way, trying to kill us all.

-----------------------

Hey!! This is a part of the plot guys. Notice how they don't like her? This is just a preview of how much they dislike Jaemi. There will be more to come. This chapter's just a bit of a show-off. :|

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed. :)