Chapter 6: How it works

Human

Jaemi's POV

I was inside SM entertainment. Today, I will learn of what idols always do, such as recordings, dance practice. I will take classes...well, kind of.

"Hey!" Lu Han(???) waved to me.

"Oh.. Hey...? How are you doing Lu Han?" I asked him, hesitating.

"I'm Se Hun, not Luhan hyung. I guess there were too many names to remember huh?"

"Yeah. I just know your names, but I can't connect them to your looks. So, will you be my guide for today?"

"I'm not your guide for today, that's Jong In's job. Oh look, he's coming over!" He said pointing to a guy that's running toward us.

"Whaddup? Are you ready to take a tour around the company?" He asked, panting.

"Uhm, yes."

Se Hun bid us goodbye and we started walking to I don't know where.

"So....What's your speciality?" He asked me.

"Surfing the net."

"Not that! I mean, which are are you better at? Dancing? Singing? Rapping? Beatboxing?"

"I guess it would have to be singing. You sing right?"

"We all do, although my speciality is dancing. I rap sometimes as well."

"I see..."

"So, I'll show you the recording studio first since you advance more in singing than in the other fields." He said.

"Sure."

We walked and walked until we arrived in front of a soundproof room, with a 'Recording Studio' sign pasted on its door. We went inside and saw 5 baby faced creatures. Creatures.....really??

"Good morning Jaemi-ssi. This is the recording studio, this room is where idols record their songs. Obviously. If you're wondering why we are here, we're going to show you a sample of a recording. One of our producers are here to help." Beakhyun (I think) told me.

"Good morning too, Baekhyun-ssi."

"Ah, I'm not Baekhyun, I'm Junmyeon. This guy right here is Baekhyun" He said, pointing to another guy who bowed afterwards.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Hello, Mr. Producer, its a pleaseure to be working with you. Please guide me properly." I bowed.

"Hello, my name is Jung Hyun Sik. Lets get started. Boys get inside." He ordered the five to go inside a room were all the equipments were placed. "Okay, let's do Baby Don't Cry" He continued.

"Their voices are wonderful." I whispered to Jong In.

"Well, they are vocalists." he said.

"So, for recording, all you have to do is sing. If you go off tune, or you make other mistakes, the producers and staff are going to correct you, so all you have to do is practice the song, and do your best. Normally, you do breathing exercises before singing. These five have already done it before you came in. Now, since you didn't train normally as the others, you are going to attend more classes and dance practices to catch up with them. For now, just watch the recording and comment afterwards, okay?" Producer Jung said.

A few minutes then passed and they finished singing.

"So? Comments? This is a part of your vocal class." Producer Jung asked.

"Well, Baekhyun's voice was very soothing, Junmyeon's voice is as well, Kyung Soo's voice was angelic, Jongdae and Luhan should try to blend more, and yeah, that's it. On a side comment they're reeeeeaaallyy great." I said.

"Good enough, Jong In, show her to the other departments as well. You five, go with them." Producer jung demanded.

So we went out of the recording studio and took a right turn to another hall.

"What are you good at, after singing?" Jong In asked. I guess he was trying to make the atmosphere different because there was some sort of tension in it. The five didn't speak and I can feel their glares getting stronger by the minute. Are they like, trying to start a staring contest with my back? Because let me tell you, backs do NOT have eyes!

"Rapping I guess, then beatboxing. Let's make the dance lessons last in our schedule, I'm bad in that area." I confessed.

"Well you heard her, guys! To the other studio!!!!" He shouted and the five groaned in annoyance as they picked me up by my limbs and carried me to a practice room. I do not know why they do weird things or why they are weird. It's one of the seven mysteries of SM I guess....or is it that I'm just too plain and everybody around me is actually normal? 0_o.

Then, I shall learn from these derps how to be normal.

We arrived in front of a door (which they kicked open), just to see 3 tall people lying on their backs.

"Oh! guys!" A tall guy greeted us while lying on the couch raising his leg (instead of his hand) to wave us hello. Is that the system here in Korea? To wave with your foot? Last time I came here, we just bow and shake hands. Weird.

"So, demonstration of rapping?" Baek Hyun suggested.

"Oh sure" the three tall people agreed in synch.

"Chanyeol hyung, do the Two Moons rap" the guy with eyebag issues commanded.

"Hey, don't boss me around Zi Tao" CreepTall guy complained.

"Just do it Chan Yeol" TallBlondy said.

"Fine." He muttered and rapped amazingly.

"Okay? So when he raps what happens?" I asked.

"When he raps, he raps. We listen. The fans swoon and WABAM! We goy moneeeeyy." TallBlondy said, with sound effects.

"No I mean is that how you practice?" I stated clearly. I don't remember asking him how they get money. Psh.

"Normally, we rap and comment about it to improve but today is the day we are lazy so....yeah." Eyebag-issue guy explained.

"okay then. Should I try?" I suggested.

"Go ahead, just don't make a fool of yourself." CreepTall guy said. I think his name is Chan Yeol.

I tried B.A.P's Warrior rap that I practiced for 2 weeks.

"Hmmmm..Not bad at all. But you have to make your voice louder, rap clearer, and kind of make your voice a bit rough so it won't sound like a sissy rap. Ah! also practice rhyming, tounge twisters and listen to raps often" Chan Yeol commented.

"Thank you very much." I bowed to him. But why was I bowing? I'm creeping myself out.

 " W-welcome" He stuttered. I looked up to him and it seems like he was close to crying.

" OMO! OMO! Don't cry! Ah, what should I do?! Why are you crying? Yah, did I do something wrong?Uhm, please stop crying!" I ran up to him and tried wiping his tears but he still cried.

"I think he's crying because he feels as if he's really older than someone else now. And that he met the most sincere person ever. In short, he's happy because he's been bowed to sincerely, for the first time in his life. We rarely take him seriously, that's why." Yi Fan said.

"Uhm, okay. But Chan Yeol-ssi please stop crying okay?" I told him and he nodded. Then I got a really devious brilliant idea. "I'll give you candy, so please don't cry anymore." I said and my aura of superiority came busting out.

"Why does it feel as if she's controlling him?" Zi Tao whispered to Yi Fan.

I looked at their direction and grinned sadistically. I was cackling evilly inside my head. You are now under my control Park Chan Yeol! And I didn't even intend to.... I snapped out of my other personality and facepalmed literally.

"Ugh, I've done it again!" I yelled and Chan Yeol pulled me out of the room with the others following quietly behind us.

Chan Yeol's POV

Finally! I have a REAL dongsaeng! Sehun and Kai don't treat me as if I'm older at all, I think I like Jaemi now! She's such a good kid.

Baekhyun's POV

We shivered when she grinned sadistically, it was as if she was a different person. But after that, she facepalmed and said that she's done it again. What was that?

Most of our members dislike her even though we just met because they sense as if she's not working hard at all. I, on the other hand don't think so. I feel as if she's working harder than the rest of us. It's a sense of responsibility, I suppose. She's just new to all of this, and she was forced. She has to catch up with 1 and a half years of our songs and dances in just about 2 weeks. After that, she will be intoduced as a part of EXO. The fans would surely react wildly and some would accept her. Sasaengs may even try to harm her.

I sighed deeply and looked at her as she was being dragged by Chan Yeol.

3rd Person's POV

The group soon went to the Dance Studio where Yi Xing, Se Hun,Min Seok were. They were on the ground pretending to sleep. Suho sighed and shouted to "wake them up".

"So, what are you going to dance?" Jaemi asked ang they all looked at her.

"Well, Growl obviously." They chorused.

"Is that a song? Who sang it?" She asked, sitting down.

The members froze and looked at her in disbelief.

"Do you know who we are?" Kyung Soo asked.

"Yeah, of course. My soon-to-be groupmates."

"Yeah, we ARE your groupmates. Do you know our group?" Lu Han asked.

"uh, Alcohol?"

"E-X-O, that's our group." Min Seok spelled out.

"Yeah, sure okay. But who sang the song?" She asked impatiently.

"WE DID!!" They chorused again.

"Okay, then. Proceed." She signaled

"That's it? Your reaction? Really?" Kyung Soo asked.

"Yeah. Why?" She said.

" I shall call you Olaf from this day onwards. " Min Seok said.

"yeah, okay. And you shall be Elsa." She said and signalled for them to start dancing.

"So....This is how it works huh." She muttered and looked at them with awe.

After a few minutes, of shouting and corrections, they stopped dancing and dragged Jaemi with them to eat outside.

"Are you sure guys? I mean you might be found out." She stated the obvious.

"Yeah, don't worry." They said.

----------------------------------------------

Update!Update! I can't Update this coming days beause we have examinations coming up!! And we have to study more than 90 pages for our Science/Chemistry/Physics/Biology subject. /le sighs/

so ENNNJOOY.

P.S: I think this update was pretty long. What do you think?