What is this?

If We're Meant To Be

I sit on my bed, feeling weird. I don’t know what this feeling was. What I know was, I never felt this kind of feeling other than oppa-donseng feeling.

 Other than oppa GD, my biological brother, I once have an oppa. The only weird thing about our oppa-donseng relationship was, he’s the same age as I am. I never know his real name, but only called him oppa because he was born before me. He is the son of my mother’s best friend. When we were 4 years old, he moved away to Seoul. I prayed that once I’m here in Seoul, I’ll meet him by any chance but, nothing ever happened.

“Jin Yi, its dinner time, why aren’t you coming out?” oppa GD approached me on my bed. I bet he saw the gloominess on my face. I kept myself silenced. Thinking whether I should tell him or not.

“Jin Yi, what is the use of me becoming your brother if I can’t help my little one and only sister facing problems in her teenage life? Now tell me, what’s wrong?” oppa GD leaned my head to his chest and brushed my hair.

“I’m sorry oppa, I lied to you about my first day in school. I was not treated nicely by the boy whom I sat next to. He treated me in a mean way. I tried to hate him but each and every time I tried to stiffen myself in front of him, I failed!” I cried in oppa GD’s arm. I have waited long enough until this type of day came, the day that I’ll be telling the truth to oppa GD.

Oppa GD didn’t stop me from crying at all. Instead, he just let me cry. Then, suddenly, I laughed. Oppa GD tried to look at me.

“Jin Yi, are you okay? Why did you laugh all of a sudden?” he looked worried. Maybe he thought that his sister had turned crazy.

“I’m okay, oppa. It’s just that today, he treated me nicely. He even laughed with me. I felt warm and happy when he treated me like that. He said that he wanted to come here and prepare for our presentation. Do you know what does that type of feeling is that, oppa?” I questioned him. For real, I don’t know what was I’m feeling.

“What type of feeling?”

“The type of feeling when you are hurt by someone, you felt very hurt. But when that same person made you laugh, you felt so happy that you can never feel it with anyone else except him.” Oppa GD smiled at me.

“You will know it someday. I don’t have to tell you, but when the right time comes, you’ll know it yourself.” Oppa GD smiled meaningfully at me. Then he pulled me out for our postponed dinner.