A Fresh New Start

If We're Meant To Be

“Good morning sunshine! Wake up!” GD oppa burst into my room.

“Morning oppa. What are you doing here?” I asked him with an irritated tone. How dare for him to interfere my precious sleeping moments.

“Jin Yi, how can you forget that today is your first day at school!” GD oppa pulled me out of the bed.

Oh, I actually did forget about it. Today is my first day entering SOPA or School of Performing Arts Seoul. Here, the total amount of fee is 6 million won a year. Guess I was just being lucky to have a cool and rich brother like GD oppa.

I stood in front of the mirror, staring blankly at it. The school uniform is blue-black in colour skirt and a yellow sweater. This should made my life miserable as yellow has never been my favourite colour. But yellow has always been my favourite dancer’s colour. His fans are called Yeobos. I don’t know his real name but he’s called the Aegyo King. I have never seen his real face, as the dance videos that I watched were always taken from a distance. But usually, I know which one is him as he is the smallest person in the group BEST.

The first time I saw him was when I watched a street dance performance by Korean boys. They are called BEST with only 3 members.

“Relax, Jin Yi. You’re attending this school for only two years.” I sighed and reminded myself calmly. Suddenly,

“Jin Yi! Come down and eat your breakfast at once or you’ll be late!” GD oppa appeared at the door. I thought once I move out from my parents’ house in Pocheon to live with my one and only brother, GD oppa in Seoul, I can get away from all of my parents’ nagging. Unfortunately, that nagging-virus has also infected GD oppa.

“Jin Yi, don’t you miss living in our Dolce Vita?” GD oppa asked curiously even though he knows the answer.

Some of you must be wandering what Dolce Vita is, right? Dolce Vita is a pension built by GD oppa for our parents, located in Pocheon. You can go there if you want. If you’re lucky, you will have GD oppa being your driver himself.

Back to the story, I didn’t answer him. Instead, I just continue to chew my Honey Stars, pretending not to hear him.

"Jin Yi, I brought you out of the house to live here with me and enter that school with some reasons. I want you to pursue whatever is your dream. I understand that you have many dreams that can only be fulfilled if you live here in Seoul and go to prestigious school. I want to see you be a succesful performer. Promise me, you'll be happy living here." I sighed. There, GD oppa has already given me his words.

"Don't worry, oppa. I'll make sure each and every won that you spent on me while I'm living in Seoul will be worth it. I promise, okay?" I really don't like sad and emotional feeling in the morning. I am so not that type of person cause that will ruin my whole emo of the day. So, why not cheer up while you can.

GD oppa drove me to school and went to the office with me. I can't blame him for being too cautious as I'm the one and only sister he have in this world.