The Truth

If We're Meant To Be

"Why are you here?!" A voice suddenly stole our precious moments. It was GD oppa!

"What do you mean, oppa? These are my friends. Don't you remember, Yang Yoseob whom you promised to cook anything he'll like to eat?" What was happening?

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't obey you." Yang Yoseob looked at the floor. He was avoiding GD oppa's eyes

"Do you feel happy now? She's in hospital because of you. She fell sick because of you. Why did you still come and harras her? Didn't I tell you to stay away from my sister?"

"OPPA!" I must seek explanation from this chaos.

"You told him not to come and see me? How could you, oppa? He's my bestfriend. How could you do that, oppa? You know I have no other friend than both of them!" I shouted at him. At this point, my heart was totally bleeding.

"Jin Yi, I have never intended to make you suffer. I accidentally read your diary. You wrote his name and said that you were heartbroken that he have someone else.." GD oppa sounded sad.

I was blushing, Yoseob was in shock and Gikwang looked mad. Oppa, why must you told that thing?

"Oppa, can you leave the three of us alone?" GD oppa walked out reluctantly, I knew he was sad and felt guilty.

"Gikwang, I know that.."

"Stop it, Jin Yi. You don't have to comfort me. I realise who am I to you. I'm just your bestfriend." He looked away from me. tears came down my cheeks.

"Gikwang, listen to me. You're the first guy I met in school. You're the first guy that I said yes to go out with. You are the first guy who is close to me. I admitted, when Yoseob was being hard with me, my feelings to you was more than friends. You comforted me everytime Yoseob was being harsh to me. I liked you, but I have to sacrifice my feelings to you for someone that have been waiting for you for a long time. She has been waiting for you even before I entered the school." Lee Gikwang and Yang Yoseob both were suprised.

"She tried to impress you in every way. When you're being gossiped with someone else, she told me that she was hurt.

Every night she called me just to tell me that she's hurt. No one knows this except. She trusted me eventhough I'm a newbie.

She trusted me that I can help you to see her, to know her existence because you're my bestfriend. I really, really wanted to see you happy, Gikwang.

But not with me. She's the one who was holding back everytime people said that you and the other girl looks perfectly match. True, you see nobody interested with you because she didn't show it to you." I gasped between words. I tried to control my emotions but tears kept falling.

"Jin Yi, I am so sorry. i didn't know that.."

"No, forget it. Forget that I have ever had feelings for you. I know that you and her will make a great couple. I know and absolutely sure that both of you would be happy together. After this, go and find Lee Hi. She's been waiting for you for years." Lee Gikwang was shocked to hear the name. He then said thank you and walked out.

The atmosphere was silent. Then Yoseob cleared his throat to speak.

"Jin Yi, how did you know that I have someone else?" I told him abouth the day that a piece of paper fell from his books.

"Oh, did you know who?" He looked at me seriously, probably he was afraid that I knew his secret.

"Whoever she is, don't make me as an excuse that you don't dare to confront her. I believe she deserved you. Well, be a good partner for her." I tried not to cry. I must be strong. I didn't want him to know that I was awfully sad to know that his heart belongs to other girl.

He said goodbye and walked with a smile. Maybe he was happy that he no longer have to keep it as a secret. I prayed for him to always be happy and so for Lee Gikwang.

"Jin Yi, I am very sorry. I don't know that I would be the cause of three of you arguing." GD oppa held my hand.

"Oppa, you did nothing wrong. I understand that you did this for my own good. You just helped them to find their true love and to freely love someone without feeling guilty to me. Gamsahamnida, oppa." I wiped his tears, no brother of mine shall shed his tears for my pain.