Why me?

If We're Meant To Be

“Why are you still sitting here?” My calm and peaceful moment in the class was stolen by the most arrogant guy I knew in this school.

“Hey, I am talking to you!” Yang Yoseob took my scrapbook. The scrapbook was full about my favourite dancer, King of Aegyo. His eyes looked surprised at all the pictures that were taken from a distance and words that I used to describe my favourite dancer. I don’t know why but I just let him with his actions, it was like I don’t care at all.

“Leave her alone, Yoseob. Could you just be nice to her? You can ignore her if you want but don’t hurt her feelings. You should know more about girls since you have more girl fans.” Lee Gikwang pulled me out of the class to the corridor. Without any warning, tears came rolling down my cheeks.

“Hey, Jin Yi, why are you crying? You must be hurt badly by Yoseob. I’m so sorry.” I ignored him and walked to the school’s manmade waterfall.

“Gikwang, why are being so nice to me? Why didn’t you become as mean as Yoseob?”

“Why would I be so mean to a girl who had been so nice to me?” Lee Gikwang wiped my tears and patted my back.

“Hush now, Jin Yi. You still have a long day to face him. I can switch my place with you. You can sit with Kim Woo Bin.” I was shocked to hear that and even I don’t know why.

“Urm.. Let me think about it once I get home.” I tried to look promising even though I felt heavy-hearted.

When we left the place, I felt like someone was watching us. I turned to see if there was someone but being pulled away by Gikwang.

I entered the class reluctantly. Fortunately, Yang Yoseob was not there. I had no idea where he went. Well, at least when he was not around, I would be able to control my emotions better. I couldn't understand myself either these days, why would my mind and soul be messed up by a boy I just knew. Oh my, I'm turning silly everyday.

"Jin Yi, will you participate in our dance group. The name is ColourPink." Lee Hi and her team mates came approach me. I was startled by them. Then, I heard Yang Yoseob was chuckling. I think he caught me day dreaming.

"You guys want to make her your team? You think when she entered the group, you guys will win? Save the dream." Yang Yoseob spoke arrogantly.

'What is wrong with this guy? I haven't had a nice and peaceful moment with him! Alright, I'll show you'

"Sure, Lee Hi. Why not? We sometimes need courage and bravery to bring down some too high self-esteemers, Right?" i talked back at him. 'Take that!'

He stood up and went away. Believe it or not, my heart thumped fast. I hope I was doing a right thing.