Chapter 8.

One Way Out.

 

Silence. It was so dreadful. Everyone had their attention towards Jihoo.
 
", Jihoo. We're about to die and you're concerned about your pride? Ego? It doesn't matter right now!" Zico yelled frustratingly.
 
"It's Yoomi, okay?!" Jihoo yelled.
 
The same time everyone else gasped, the door opened.
 
"What?" Yoomi asked disbelievingly. She heard him say her name. She heard him pretty well. But she wasn't sure.
 
The confession made her heart beat double. It was already beating fast enough because of her near death. And it was even beating faster because of the revelation.
 
"Are you serious? She's your sister!" Zico pointed out, saying it in a disbelieving tone.
 
"Half," Kyung corrected pointlessly.
 
"Awkward..." Minwoo mumbled.
 
Yoomi scrunched up her face and looked at Jihoo with disgust.
 
"I—I can't do this right now," Yoomi said before she went in the next room.
 
She couldn't accept the fact that Jihoo was in love with her. 
 
No. She could probably accept it. But she just couldn't believe it. Plus, she didn't know how to properly react to Jihoo's confession.
 
How is she supposed to react? How is a person supposed to react if his/her half sibling confessed their love? How is a person to react if the person he/she thought of as a brother/sister confessed?
 
She didn't know. She needed time. Away from Jihoo.
 
But because they were trapped in the same place at the moment, all she could do was stay far away from him.
 
"This is gonna be awkward," Minwoo mumbled as he got in the 8th room.
 
Two more rooms to go, and they will be out of the place.
 
Suddenly, Zico's and Luna's bombs started to beep.
 
"Again?!" Zico whined. "Where's the puzzle?!"
 
Luna shakily pointed to a small table on the corner where a typewriter was placed and the typewriter had weird wirings.
 
Zico ran towards it, followed by Luna.
 
"Guys..." Zico gulped.
 
"I don't know this one," Luna managed to say despite of what she was feeling.
 
"First ten presidents of America. Last ten presidents of America," Zico read.
 
Jihoo walked to them and started to list down the first few names. He knew, not everyone of those presidents' names, but he was positive with the first 20 or something.
 
"George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson, Martin van Buren, William Harrison, John Tyler..." he typed slowly, not accustomed to an English keyboard.
 
Those were all he could write down.
 
"Why are you stopping?" Zico said.
 
"Those are all I could remember," Jihoo said, putting his hands from the type pad of the typewriter to his sides.
 
"What?! You can't stop! I can't die!" Zico raged. "Not cool! Not cool! 3 minutes left."
 
Yoomi looked at Jihoo hopelessly. 
 
She could continue. She didn't want anyone else to die. So she ran towards where the three were, pushed Jihoo, and took his place.
 
Yoomi read what Jihoo had typed and was not surprised he had done the first part. She then went to remember the president before the current one, and then before the former one, and so on. She tried to remember the lessons her 'dad' taught her and Jihoo.
 
She began to chant backwards.
 
"Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy," she typed down.
 
The two students whose lives were threatened looked at their bombs expectantly, waiting for it to return to a longer time.
 
But it didn't, instead, it took a minute.
 
Luna and Zico only had less than a minute left now.
 
"What?! What did I do wrong?!" Yoomi shrieked.
 
"Write their full names!" Jihoo panicked.
 
"Uhh, John F. Kennedy, no! Uhh, Barack Obama," Yoomi said as she shakily typed it down. "George W. Bush, William 'Bill' Clinton, George H. W. Bush..."
 
"Yoomi! Hurry up!" Zico and Luna yelled.
 
20 seconds...
 
"Ronald Reagan!" Jihoo coached Yoomi who was trying to answer, regain herself, lose the shaking of her hands, and concentrate at the same time.
 
"You misspelled Reagan!" Jihoo pointed out.
 
"Argh!" Yoomi yelled in frustration as she continued to type.
 
", no time," Jihoo said before pulling Yoomi, running away with her from Zico and Luna, who yelled for help before they met the same fate as Hee Jin and Yoona.
 
Jihoo protectively wrapped Yoomi with his body to prevent her from receiving any blow, and Yoomi had to hug back in fear. In fear of what had happened, what was happening, and what was going to happen.
 
---
 
Oh gosh. It's so weird writing Zico's death while listening to his mixtape. Haha.
 
Also...the puzzle/riddle in this chapter isn't really one...it was just...I didn't know what to use as a riddle anymore. Hahaha.