Chapter 2.

One Way Out.

They all began to walk towards the door, only to be greeted by another white room, still no windows and a door identical to the first one.

 
This time, the cameras were no longer hidden and were attached to every corner of the room, and the problem was for everyone to see without turning the lights off.
 
But the riddle was in English. Even though they were smart students, not all of them could understand English properly.
 
"Read it, Kyung," Zico said.
 
"It's pretty hard...the riddle," Kyung said before reading it out loud for everyone to hear.
 
"First think of a person who lives in disguise,
Who deals in secret and tells naught but lies.
Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend,
The middle of middle, and end of end?
And finally, give me the sound often heard,
During the search for a hard to find word.
Now string them together, and answer me this,
Which creature would you be unwilling to kiss?" Kyung read with an accent.
 
"It seems familiar," Hana mumbled.
 
"I understand the words and all, but I don't get the riddle..." Zico said.
 
"It's really familiar. Like I've read it before. Somewhere. In a book. Yes! A book!" Hana said.
 
Yoomi and Jihoo looked at her surprisingly before looking at each other.
 
"You've read it before," Yoomi said. "You asked me that question before."
 
Jihoo nodded but had also forgotten which book it was from or what the answer was.
 
"Hey! You two! Care to share what you're talking about? If you know the answer, please...don't hesitate to share it. We know the two of you are the smartest here, so basically, if we can't answer the riddles, you two have no problems because you're top 2," Hee Jin snapped at them.
 
"We don't know the answer," Yoomi said simply, but her eyes glared at her. "We're still figuring it out, too, if you don't mind."
 
Hee Jin cowered under her gaze and lowered her head.
 
"Why don't we all stop trying to remember where we've read it before and start answering it. It's obviously a play on words. Whoever can read and understand and converse and is confident with their English skills can try," Kyung said.
 
"Hyung," Minwoo suddenly spoke. "Look."
 
Everyone turned their attention towards Minwoo who was crouching in the corner on the wall just below where the riddle was written.
 
"It says we have only five minutes to answer the riddle," Minwoo said.
 
"What?!"
 
"Two will die," Minwoo added.
 
Everyone then turned their heads to look at Hee Jin and Yoona. Rank 9 and 10. If no one could and answer the question, the two of them will die.
 
"Gosh! Answer it! We don't know English, so we're basically counting on you!" Yoona cried at them, her eyes were ready to let out the tears.
 
"I don't wanna die...I don't wanna die..." Hee Jin kept chanting. She looked like she was a person with mental problems.
 
"Shut up!" Yoomi snapped at them. "You're not helping. If you don't want to die, then shut up and let us think!"
 
The two girls looked at her and nodded and cowered at the corner.
 
"A person who lives in disguise...deals in secrets..." Yoomi mumbled.
 
"A ninja?" Minwoo suggested.
 
"No. That's too...I don't know. It doesn't seem to go with it," Yoomi told him.
 
Jihoo looked at Minwoo and furrowed his brows.
 
"Can you give more examples? Something related with ninjas. What person has a job that requires disguising?" Jihoo said.
 
"James Bond!" Minwoo exclaimed.
 
"No," Jihoo said, shaking his head.
 
"A secret agent? Police? FBI?" Minwoo kept suggesting possible answers. "Assassin? Spy? Terrorist? CIA?"
 
"Stop," Jihoo said. "Let's move on with the riddle."
 
"Huh? Did you know the answer already?" Minwoo asked, but Jihoo didn't answer as Yoomi started to mumble the second verse of the riddle.
 
"Last thing to mend...middle of middle...and end of end."
 
"A 'd'," Myungsoo said. 
 
The English able people looked at him with raised brows. They didn't know Myungsoo could speak English.
 
"I don't speak English. But I've heard about that brain teaser about what was the middle of sea...you know, 'e'." Myungsoo said, and they nodded.
 
"A sound often heard...a hard to find word...string them together...creature would you be unwilling to kiss?" Yoomi continued.
 
"I sure as well won't kiss a 개구리/gaeguri (frog)," Minwoo said. 
 
"It's not a frog..." Jihoo mumbled.
 
"뱀/baem (snake)?" Minwoo suggested. "개/kae (dog)? 거미/geomi (spider)? 돼지/dwaeji (pig)?"
 
"Think English," Jihoo told them.
 
"Uhh, okay, dawg? Pig? Cat? Rabbit?" Minwoo continued to suggest animals in English.
 
"The fiercer and scary ones," Myungsoo said. "I'm not good with English but I understand that you're giving out cute animals."
 
"Hurry up!" Hee Jin and Yoona yelled as they were running out of time.
 
Beep. Beep. And beep.
 
"Oh no," Hana mumbled. She grabbed the person nearest Yoona and Hee Jin, Luna, and saved her from exploding with them.
 
"Spider! SPIDER!" Yoomi and Minwoo yelled, finally discovering the answer. "SPYder! Geomi! Spider!!!"
 
But too late. Yoona's and Hee Jin's bombs exploded.
 
It would be an understatement to say that the scene wasn't gross. They didn't turn into ashes. No. Their body exploded, their body parts had scattered around the room. Blood splattered everywhere.
 
The scene before them made Minwoo, Kyung, and Hana throw up. This caused Zico to throw up too.
 
"This is not a normal game," Yoomi muttered and wiped her face shakily of splattered blood. ". I just remembered where the riddle was from..."
 
Jihoo removed his jacket and wiped his face with it. He turned to his sister and wiped her face and hands from the blood.
 
"Harry Potter. Yeah. I just remembered too. We'll have to do our best and answer those questions. We're going to get out of here. Alive," Jihoo said, looking at the metal door which recently opened with a click.