Chapter 11.

One Way Out.

 

They stood there. Pondering about what the clue was about and how 'Ga Eun' knew about it.
 
"I'm choosing the first one," Jihoo said, pertaining to the first vault.
 
Jihoo tried to figure out the connection between the code number and the clue. It was going to be a hard last challenge.
 
Then it hit him.
 
That day. The day he broke up with Ga Eun was their monthsary. He didn't know how many months he had put up with the girl, but he was glad he remembered the date.
 
He was glad to at least he had remembered the date. Everything that had to do with Ga Eun had been forgotten already.
 
Jihoo punched in the date when he had broken up with her.
 
"051211"
 
And beep and click. The vault opened.
 
Everyone looked at him in awe as he cleared the contents of his vault.
 
A key and a letter.
 
Jihoo removed his bomb first with the key and to his relief, it stopped beeping and the straps loosened. He threw it across the room and went to read the letter.
 
"Congratulations, Jihoo, you survived. I wouldn't mean for anyone to die. But suffer you all must for what you all did.
 
Nevertheless, you survived. Congratulations again. The door is set to open at the end of the 2 hour mark."
 
Jihoo threw the paper back in the vault and turned to look at Yoomi who was looking at him with a persistent expression.
 
"Need help?" Jihoo offered.
 
Yoomi shook her head and turned to her vault.
 
She had one chance. If she messes up, she'll blow up like her four schoolmates.
 
She suddenly remembered something. Her teacher. The day her teacher got fired. But when was it?
 
020411. It was the date.
 
Beep. Click. It opened.
 
Yoomi took the key and the letter.
 
She freed herself from the bomb and threw it at the same direction as to where Jihoo threw his.
 
Yoomi then, proceeded to read the letter.
 
"Congratulations, Yoomi, you survived. I wouldn't mean for anyone to die. But suffer you all must for what you all did.
 
Nevertheless, you survived. Congratulations again. The door is set to open at the end of the 2 hour mark."
 
Yoomi sighed in relief. She was going to be okay now.
 
She trudged towards the other end of the room and stared at the other four, who were deep in thought.
 
Kyung looked, or more like, glared at the vault. He remembered the car's plate number. But would it be the code?
 
Oh dammit, he thought as he punched in the car's plate number.
 
Nothing. The vault didn't budge. Instead, his bomb beeped.
 
He looked at it alarmingly and yelled. The bomb was counting down swiftly. He panicked and tried to remove it, trying to take it off him. But no. It wouldn't budge. Instead, it would beep in error.
 
"Help me!" he yelled towards the others.
 
Hana and Minwoo ran towards him to help him.
 
But before Minwoo could get near him, Myungsoo pulled him away, preventing him from being blown with Hana and Kyung.
 
Myungsoo and Minwoo closed their eyes when the two got blown up together, blood splattering on their already blood splattered faces. 
 
Minwoo opened his eyes first and almost passed out at the gross scene in front of him.
 
He looked at his vault.
 
It was covered with gross body parts and blood.
 
"I can't do this..." he said.
 
"You can," Myungsoo assured him like a big brother.
 
Myungsoo wiped his face and turned to his vault.
 
It was covered in blood, but it wasn't as gross as Minwoo's.
 
"Hey...can I borrow your key, Jihoo hyung?" Minwoo said. "Maybe it'll work."
 
Jihoo shook his head.
 
"The key will only work once..." Jihoo said. "Sorry."
 
Minwoo pouted sadly and turned back to his vault.
 
He had an idea now. Could it be the cafe's address? No. That wasn't it.
 
But it could be.
 
It contained numbers.
 
It was the 15th store in 10th street on the first main road. The address was conspicuous, in a way.
 
So, he took a deep breath before punching the numbers slowly, his heart beat, slowly eating him out, as it sped.
 
Beep. Click.
 
Minwoo almost passed out with joy.
 
He took the key, not bothering to get and/or read the letter inside it.
 
He freed himself from the bomb and threw it away like it was the mist disgusting thing.
 
"Hyung, do you need help?" Minwoo offered to Myungsoo.
 
Myungsoo shook his head.
 
"No, I got this," Myungsoo said and began to punch on a number sequence.
 
Beep and click. It unlocked.
 
He opened the vault and took the letter first. He crumpled it after reading, throwing it at a random direction.
 
He took the key and used it on the bomb he was strapped into.
 
It loosened and he took it off him, tossing it to a random direction.
 
"Yaaaay!" Minwoo cheered.
 
They were all free now.
 
And now, all they had to do was wait. 
 
---
 
This chapter is like..."yeah, whatever...". Anyway, next chapter might be the last.