Chapter 12.

One Way Out.

 

Myungsoo sat beside Jihoo, who was a few feet away from Minwoo, who was beside Yoomi.
 
"So..." Minwoo spoke. "Why...uhh, sorry if I'm too snoopy with this question, but, why her? Why love your own sister? Even if you're half siblings, it's still not right."
 
Yoomi perked up at Minwoo's question. And instead of glaring at Minwoo, she was looking at Jihoo, expecting an answer as well.
 
"We aren't related. Not in any way. We're only 'related' in stories to public," Jihoo finally revealed.
 
"What do you mean?" Yoomi asked, suddenly intrigued by what she thought was bull coming from Jihoo.
 
"The woman you think is your mom, adopted you while you were still a baby. Then, your mom met my dad 2 years later... You were too young to understand what was going on, and you grew up with dad telling you that we had the same father and different moms," Jihoo continued. "I found out and understood about it when I turned 10. I really thought we were siblings because we had the same genes as dad...because we were both smart like him," Jihoo explained.
 
"How did you find out about this?" Yoomi asked.
 
"I asked," Jihoo simply answered.
 
"And they just told you?"
 
"No," Jihoo replied, shaking his head. "They denied. Until I found your original birth certificate and adoption papers in dad's vault."
 
Yoomi nodded along with Myungsoo and Minwoo. The three of them rendered speechless.
 
So many revelations within two hours.
 
"Why Yoomi, hyung?" Minwoo asked again.
 
"Yeah, why me? Why fall in love with me?" Yoomi seconded.
 
"Because..." Jihoo hesitated at first. "Because I just did. When I turned 14, I began to look at you in a different way. And I took advantage of the fact that we aren't related."
 
Yoomi kept quiet then and nodded.
 
"Don't worry. I won't be asking for any response to that. I understand if you only look at me as a brother," Jihoo added. "I've been restraining myself from treating you more than that."
 
Yoomi nodded again and closed her eyes.
 
"Do you have anything else to say? To reveal?" Yoomi spoke after a moment.
 
Jihoo shook his head.
 
"Anyone else in the room got anything to say?" Yoomi said, asking the other two.
 
Minwoo and Myungsoo shook their heads and everyone was silent once again.
 
Until Minwoo's stomach broke the silence.
 
He laughed sheepishly and apologized.
 
"That reminds me. What do you think is the date today? Or the time, perhaps?" Minwoo asked.
 
"I've been figuring that out since we got here, but nothing. I can't," Myungsoo said.
 
"It's probably late night. The same day. The last thing I remember though is coming home from school..." Jihoo said. "Considering that we're not really that hungry, but starving."
 
"I wonder if my parents are looking for me," Minwoo wondered aloud.
 
"My mom would surely die seeing me like this..." Myungsoo mumbled as he looked at his blood stained uniform.
 
Minwoo then perked up.
 
"What about the other hyungs' and noonas' parents...? What are we going to tell them?" Minwoo asked worriedly.
 
"It's better if we think about that later..." Jihoo said.
 
"How many minutes do we have left?" Minwoo asked.
 
"Most likely, less than 10 minutes...I think," Jihoo said.
 
They kept quiet after that, waiting for the damn door to open. The four of them, counting down to ten minutes.
 
But before they could even finish their ten minutes, the door opened with a click.
 
All of them made a move to stand up, but none moved towards the door.
 
The four of them felt it at the same time, there was someone, not just someone, but some people on the other side.
 
And bam, the door completely flew open and there stood men in black, holding guns and pointing it at them, screaming 'freeze!'.
 
The four of them raised their hands up as everything happened in a blur.
 
They were led down a hallway, which resembled an underground tunnel more. And before they knew it,  they were reunited with their families. With police officers and the parents of the diseased students.
 
The police informed each and every family about what they knew.
 
"We got a phone call about students being kidnapped. The person called from a pay phone booth, so it was hard to track. The caller told us this address," the officer said. "And the second floor of the warehouse had been checked. And we found monitors about what was happening underground. There were no tapes so we couldn't know about what happened earlier before we saw the kids. We also didn't find any trace of the suspect..."
 
The four remaining students were interrogated, much to the dismay of their parents. They were asked if they had any idea who could have done it to them. 
 
The four seemed to have a mutual understating since none of them revealed it was Ga Eun. 
 
Although most parents were outraged that the police couldn't find or do anything about the case, it was done.
 
Their children died, and they couldn't do anything about it.
 
---
 
A person watched from afar. A smirk on her lips.
 
She was satisfied. They didn't tell anything about her. She knew. They owed her their life. And it would be cruel of them to turn her in.
 
That is if anyone finds her.
 
---
 
End! But really, if you want explanations, there's still the next chapter.