Chapter 5.

One Way Out.

 

They had entered the next room fine. But not without struggling to jump across the large gap of the floor.
 
The room, again, was still the same. There was nothing in it. Except for the big writing on the wall, which was the problem hey had to solve.
 
"I turn polar bears white 
and I will make you cry. 
I make guys have to pee 
and girls comb their hair. 
I make celebrities look stupid 
and normal people look like celebrities. 
I turn pancakes brown 
and make your champane bubble. 
If you squeeze me, I'll pop. 
If you look at me, you'll pop. 
Can you guess the riddle?"
 
"What do you guys think?" Kyung asked.
 
"I don't know," Myungsoo said and looked at the riddle.
 
"I've read this before. But I never got a right answer. Some say it's 'pressure'. Some say it's 'snow', some say 'heat'," Zico said.
 
"Well?" Minwoo said, raising a curious brow, anticipating what Zico's answer was going to be.
 
"I don't know," Zico replied.
 
"We have to think about the answer properly and carefully. We only have one chance, right?" Myungsoo said.
 
"Wait a minute..." Luna said. "It didn't state the time limit..."
 
"Wow, dammit," Yoomi cursed.
 
Everyone turned to look at her and realized that her bomb was beeping.
 
"What—how—," Jihoo started to panic and started to lose his cool.
 
The others were taken by surprise at Jihoo's reaction. They had never seen Jihoo act like that. There goes the cool and laid back Jihoo they knew.
 
"Oppa! Do something!" Yoomi yelled, as she, too, was panicking.
 
"I have never heard of that before!" Jihoo yelled in frustration, pulling his hair, and began to pace back and forth.
 
"You!" Yoomi turned to look at Zico. "You like this kinds of stuff! Start guessing!"
 
"But—but what if it explodes? What if we could only have one guess?" Zico pointed out.
 
"I don't care! Start guessing!" Yoomi screamed.
 
Jihoo stopped pacing and stooped to look down on the time on Yoomi's bomb.
 
5 minutes. 57 seconds.
 
"," Jihoo cursed. And then he cursed some more.
 
"Uhh! Pressure!" Zico yelled out loud.
 
Beep.
 
Yoomi and Jihoo looked at the bomb again.
 
4 minutes. 46 seconds.
 
"Ahh! Dammit!" Yoomi cussed.
 
The timer had dropped a minute for the wrong answer.
 
"Heat!" Kyung yelled.
 
And beep. It took another minute from the timer.
 
"Oh , stop that! Think about the answer first!" Jihoo yelled.
 
"Liquid..?" Minwoo guessed quietly.
 
But of course, it didn't go unheard by whoever was monitoring them, and the timer lost another minute.
 
There was 2 minutes left now.
 
"What?! What?! Who said something?!" Jihoo was now raged.
 
Minwoo cowered.
 
"No! Oh god, no!" Jihoo yelled. The others could practically see smoke coming out of his nose and ears.
 
"No! No!" Yoomi shrieked. She was scared and she was crying already.
 
"Gah! I can't answer this riddle!" Zico yelled, messing his hair.
 
And beep. The timer on Yoomi's bomb had now the same time with the others.
 
"Wh-what happened?" Yoomi asked weakly.
 
"It stopped..." Jihoo whispered to her.
 
"Wh-what...how..." Yoomi mumbled before averting her eyes to Zico, the same time Jihoo did.
 
"That was the answer?" Minwoo mumbled.
 
"So, that was the answer?" Zico echoed.
 
Jihoo enveloped Yoomi in a tight hug and let out the tears he had been holding.
 
"Thank goodness, thank goodness," he repeatedly chanted while kissing Yoomi's forehead.
 
Yoomi cried on his chest while returning her brother's hug.
 
And then, the locked the door opened.
 
---
 
I really need to make my chapters longer. Haha. Anyway, I think y'all should wait for Chapter 8-10. Yeah...'s gonna be good :D