Chapter 6 ^_^

Wait For Me

"Miss Jang, Mr Zhang, could you two join me in my office please?" Asks a voice from behind our shoulders. Great, another chance gone. We both turn our heads to follow the voice. It’s one of the music teachers, Ms Gong.

“Yes Ms Gong,” answers Hyojun as she begins to pack her bag. I do the same. As we are both about to get up Luhan taps me on the shoulder.

“Yixing, where are you going?” He asks in Mandarin. I shrug my shoulders in response.

“Ms Gong just asked for Hyojun and I to go to her office,” I answer back. Luhan gives me a half smirk.

“This is your chance to get it on with her man, don’t stuff it up like the past ten billion times,” says Luhan. I give him a half glaring, half unimpressed look. I turn to see that Hyojun has already started walking. I jog up to her to catch up.

======================================

“Hey Luhan, where’s Hyojun and Lay?” Asks Kris. All eyes seem to search the table for the two right after Kris said that. Of course the both of them weren’t there.

“YAH! Where did he take Hyojun?!” Says Sohyun loudly.

“Ms Gong took the two of them to her office a few minutes ago,” replies Luhan as he continues to eat.

“Oh,” says Sohyun with a blank face. Hehe, good luck in there Hyojun ;)

=======================================

Meanwhile in Ms Gong’s office.

“You two have been selected to organise the school’s annual concert. Since the both of you can play the piano really well, I thought you two could open the concert with a duet on the piano. You guys get to cast the people for the concert and you can perform something besides the duet as well, so how ‘bout it?” Explains the music teacher.

Both of the students are partially wide eyed.

“I have to work with Yixing?! I don’t even know if this is a good or bad thing,” Hyojun mentally sighs. “But I don’t want to perform either… Ehee,”

“Wow, performing aye, I could always convince my friends to do something like dancing. Hmm, what should Hyojun and I play as well?” Lay thinks.

“I’ll do it Ms Gong,” replies Lay.

“Great! How about you Miss Jang?” Asks the teacher.

“I guess I don’t have much of a choice,” Thinks Hyojun. “Yes, I’ll participate Ms Gong,” answers Hyojun.

“Okay then! You guys can start tomorrow by collecting auditions. Then there’s the set design as well as the lighting, costumes and don’t forget the rehearsals. Ah! You guys also have get flyers up and the tickets have to on sale at least three weeks before the actual concert. If you guys need any help, you can ask some of the other students to help. Don’t worry; we want the concert to be held by the end of the school year so that’s tons of time. Good luck and enjoy one of your probably last free breaks for the year!”

The two students are walking out of the office with their jaws hanging.

“How are we gonna finish it all?” Says both of them simultaneously. Lay turns to Hyojun.

“I guess we can start thinking of our duet, by the way, I didn’t know you could play the piano?” He says. Hyojun gives him a small smile.

“I don’t play at school much, that’s all,” answers Hyojun.

“Ah, no wonder,” comments Lay. They are left to walk to the cafeteria in an awkward silence. “Erm… So, do you have anything to play in mind?” He asks, trying to break the uncomfortable quietness.

“I don’t usually play duets,” answers Hyojun quietly.

“Hmmm, how about we chose a pop song. Not one of those boring classical European pieces with weird names hardly any people know of,” says Lay. Hyojun nods in agreement.

“Um, I think I have a suggestion,” Says Hyojun shyly. “But I don’t know if you’ll like it,”

“No, go ahead, it’s fine!” Says Lay.

“Do you know Infinite? That kpop boy group?” Asks Hyojun curiously.

“Of course, their dancing is really good! What about them?” Questions Lay.

“We can play a duet of their song Destiny, it’s quite popular and I have the sheet music for it, I jut never had anyone to play it with,” says Hyojun with a slight blush.

“That’s a good idea! We’ll start practicing tomorrow then in the music rooms!” Says Lay confidently. Hyojun smiles silently to herself how could anyone be this cute? They entered the cafeteria together. As they sat down, the whole table of friends turned to them.

“Yixing, what did Ms Gong want?” Asks Xuimin curiously.

“Yeah Hyojun, are you guys in trouble?” Asks Yunji worryingly.

“Please, I doubt those two would ever get in trouble,” says Minjung while rolling her eyes.

“So~ what happened?” Asks Chen. There was a silence since all of them wanted to hear what they were going to say.

“We have to set up the school concert this year,” says Lay with a shrug.

“Woah, isn’t that a lot of work? And just the two of you as well?” Comments Suho.

“Yeah, I guess,” Lay says coolly. “You guys wouldn’t mind helping us a bit, right? Plus Hyojun and I have to perform a piano duet together, so we need time to practice. Could you guys fill in for us then?

“Woah Hyojun! You’re playing the piano!? Yayayayayayayay!!!” Says Sohyun as she begins to jump around. All the boys turn to look at her.

“Like a bunny on a sugar high,” comments Sehun. Sohyun ignores him and continues to spaz.

“Would you calm down already?” Says Tao, as he starts to grow annoyed.

“You didn’t even eat that much, how do you have so much energy,” continues Sehun with a blank face. Sohyun starts to calm down, but just as she is about to sit down, she sticks her tongue out at the two maknaes.

“You guys are annoying!” She shouts. The two boys cover their ears with their hands.

“Yah, women, could you be any louder?” Says Sehun.

“OF COURSE I CAN!!!” Argues Hyojun as she shouts.

“Shut up would you?” Argues back Tao. As the three of them continues to bicker, the others at the table continue conversation as they are used to this.

“Yeah, we’ll help! No problems!” Agrees Suho.

“We don’t want you guys to pass out from exhaustion anyway,” says Minjung with a playful smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I dunno. i really cant type in present tense. T_T i have to remember that its says not said... btw comment if you want:3

Thanks for subscribing!

Haesica000   ohmylulu