My Dear Senior

Kitchen of Stories

Every student knows this.

School, it gave you education.

But there's a thing that it failed to educate me.

What love is, how it is.


It has been 2 years, Seohyun having a hard time to control her palpitating heart.

From her freshman year, there's a memory that she won't be able to forget.

Imagine yourself being lost on the way, not knowing the exact destination. Seohyun was having a hard time, trying to decipher which way she should've gone to -frowning at the ridiculous and messy map her father made for her to reach the new school. She was not the type to slack, but she almost gave up that time.

She pouted and sat in disappointment at the convenience store's empty outdoor chair. Her shoulder slumped and she frowned deeper when she saw the time at her watch, 45 minutes left before the school started. "Such map to begin with." she sniffled, "What good luck." the map was threwn to the back and she sighed exhasperatedly.

Seohyun was too frustrated to continue her way, choosing to drop her head and having a thought about her sad life on top of the table in front of her. It was not long after the first sob and whine, someone tapped on her shoulder gently. "Student from Daeyeoung High?" she heard a concerned tone on the girl's voice when she looked at her, Seohyun nodded absentmindedly.

It was only in a matter of second, for Seohyun to noticed the girl's uniform. "Why are you here?" the girl asked once again, "I'm lost. I don't know the way there." Seohyun answered sadly. The girl's eyes were no longer filled with concern and she heard a soft chuckle came out from the latter's alligator-like mouth.

"Daeyeoung is just two blocks from where you are now." she grinned, "Come with me." she gestured Seohyun to follow her. Of course Seohyun didn't reject that offer and quickly stood up, tailing the slightly same height girl from behind. "I assumed that you're a freshman." she heard the girl said, "I.. I am.." Seohyun answered sheepishly.

She heard a giggle but then it was pleasantly silent. For Seohyun surprise, they were already in front of the school's gate from minutes walking.

Seohyun regretted her sobs.

"Uh.. Thank you." Seohyun bowed deeply when they stopped, "You're welcome. Now go find your class quickly." the other girl bowed slightly and rushed Seohyun. She looked back and saw the girl smiling while waving at her, going to a different way with a taller student on her side after she stopped waving. Seohyun had to smile at that and sigh in relief, knowing exactly where to continue now.

She found out later at the entrance ceremony, the identity of the girl who helped her. The name's Im Yoona, youngest member of Student Council.

Seohyun then started to admire her and unintentionally set her eyes on her, because Yoona herself always appeared everywhere for her task. The act continues for years, idolizing Yoona then and now. Seohyun had the chance to do some of what Yoona did also, like joining the dance team -Yoona as her encouragement.

It took her loads of courage, to volunteer and deliver the class reports to Yoona by herself. 

The event that happened, that day and the other day onwards made her happy. She got closer to Yoona, accidentally yet a bit of intentionally.

And there was a day that made Seohyun becoming a fan of Patbingsoo although it's not inside her good diet list.

Yoona and her cheap lie...

Seohyun fell for it, but it turns out well. Who would not be happy to laugh with your most adored ones?

Surely the ice tasted sweeter that day.


After the last dance competition, there are a lot of request coming for Seohyun's dance team. Perfomance here and there, they do a lot of practice. Seohyun love the dance practice time, especially the time when she's able to have some jokes with her funny team members. They're really a good bunch of stress reliever, especially their senior Hyoyeon.

She's close to the older girl, although they're very unlike. Hyoyeon tend to be a loose person, Seohyun is an uptight one. They'll sometimes nag on each other, needing one to loosened up while trying to get the other one a bit careful with her lifestyle.

And it was over a burger and sweet potato. Hah.

"Hyun, have you ever tried to be a seductress?" said Hyoyeon who's reading something on her phone, "Imagining you as one, you'll fit the role." she nudged Seohyun's waist and got a smack on the shoulder as the reply. "Cleanse your mind, Unnie." she flared her nostrils, "You're reading that written again?" her face turned grim.

"It's not me who started it!" Hyoyeon denied, "Tiffany was the one who read this first!" she flapped her hands while mentioning about the half-American team member of them. "Fany Unnie?!" Seohyun's eyes widened and she looked at the said person, "You read that?!" she couldn't believe the fact that their motherly like team member would do it.

Tiffany forgot to eat her chips and stared blankly at Seohyun, not knowing how to explain. "Unnie..?" Seohyun's brows furrowed, "You did?" Hyoyeon giggled already. "I did?" Tiffany finally snapped out from her thoughts, "What?" she looked at the laughing Hyoyeon and the shocked Seohyun.

"Oh Unnie.."

"Why Hyunnie?"

"I thought you were... You were.... Innocent...."

"Hyunnie, I grown up." Tiffany sighed, "It's not something so serious." she snuck her hands into the chip bags again and enjoy the rest of it but stopping midway to glare at Hyoyeon. When she felt someone was boring a hole into her neck, Hyoyeon stopped her giggle. "Uh? Yes?" she asked the suddenly fuming Tiffany.

"You.. You corrupted my innocent darling mind!" the roar was so great that Hyoyeon fell back, "She let you peek or she let you read it?" Tiffany turned her head towards Seohyun who got her lips closed tight in surprise. "I.. I was borrowing her phone." Seohyun gulped, "But Unnie forgot to close the reading application." she quietly gestured Hyoyeon to run while smiling sheepishly towards Tiffany.

Right at the time Hyoyeon caught the signal, Tiffany slide her thumb on as a warning. Hyoyeon quickly stood on both of her feet and ran away as fast as she could, but Tiffany did the same and chased the girl -leaving their Junior alone in the room. Both Tiffany and Hyoyeon are swift runners, the chase wouldn't be up until one of them is out of breath.

Seohyun sighed and chose to practice by herself, removing her own flaws to ease her feeling of guilt by letting Hyoyeon repeating the same movement over and over again. Her gaze were locked into her reflection, smiling to herself when she made no mistakes.

Then it occured to her mind, what Hyoyeon said.

What it's like to be a seductress? Seohyun felt giddy as she memorized one of the most popular line.

She posed like the most fabulous one, her gaze changed into a piercing one -swooning and enchanting. "Like what you see?" she said to her reflection with a little smirk.

"A bit inapropriate for daylight." that very voice chimed from the back, turning Seohyun red by seconds. "Y-...... Yoona Unnie." Seohyun slowly turned back awkwardly and shyly, "What's the occasion?" she mustered an ear to ear smile that turns out a bit flustered. Yoona smiled widely that her dimple appears, her canine barely shown as she giggled.

"I came here to ask you for the permission letter." she tapped on the notepad that she brought along, "For tomorrow's camping night." Seohyun noticed that her name isn't confirmed yet -so her team members. "Oh that.." Seohyun walked away and looked around the corner for her bag, "Looks like I forgot to bring it." she bit her lip as she walked back towards Yoona.

"It's alright." Yoona shrugged, "You may give it tomorrow, but make sure not to forget." she grinned and tucked her pen inside her pocket. Seems like there's nothing more to talk about, Seohyun was going to bow to Yoona but the latter opened to said something before she could. "Do you want to go together with me? Knowing that our house is not far away from each other." she offered calmly, not realizing the excitement of Seohyun's heart.

"That would be lovely." Seohyun smiled, "What would be the time?" she asked the grinning Yoona. "Just be ready before 4.30 P.M." the older one said, "I'll give you a call to go to neighbourhood front later." Yoona chuckled and bowed a bit before turning her back. Seohyun quickly bowed and waved her hands on the mirror, getting a giggle from Yoona who noticed it.

Just a moment after the door closed, Seohyun squealed and ruffled her hair on the ticklish feeling she had. Jumping around in extreme happiness.

But the door was opened in rush.

"Where's Hyoyeon and Tiffany Unnie?" Yoona asked.

Seohyun acted as normal as ever.

"Being the thief and the police outside." she grinned and was given a nod before the door was closed again.

She was sighing in relief while the other one was grinning outside.


Yoona was standing by herself, earlier than the promised time. She clutched her phone tightly, waiting for the right time to call Seohyun. The latter on the other hand, was already waiting inside her room as she keep on staring at the ticking clock. 

They were smiling as their thoughts diverted, thinking of how to get closer to each other.

It's not a fling or a infatuation, they were having troubles finding out what it is. But they'll realize it, sooner or later.

Both being impatient, Yoona called just at the time Seohyun stared at her phone. She didn't answer the call, she run quickly instead. Bidding a simple goodbye to her parents, she rushed to the neighbourhood front while wearing her shoes properly. Her grin widened when she saw Yoona, and the latter stopped dialing Seohyun's number when she approached.

"Excited?"

"Very."

"Shall we?" Yoona smiled and offered her hand, Seohyun accept it gratefully.

Quiet enough that you can hear the wind blows, their cheek blushed while matching each other's footsteps; hands were gripping tightly on each other's. Their shy smile were adorable -portraying young innocence.

They were glancing on each other silently, feeling much flustered if one of them noticed. All of this new sensation leaving them hard to breathe, but in a good way. "You're a bit... Quiet.." Yoona cleared , "Do you have any topic that we can talk about?" she smiled sweetly when Seohyun turned her head towards her. 

"I.. Don't know.." Seohyun was flustered, "What is there to?" she tried to hide half of her reddened face by snuggling into her thick scarf. "Funny, both of us don't know." Yoona chuckled and keep her eyes on Seohyun, "But I do have something in my mind, as I look at you." she brushed Seohyun's bangs to the side -having a clear look on her endearing pair of eyes.

The younger one took a glance at the older one, feeling that her feet getting weaker and weaker. "What is it?" her grip on Yoona's hand getting tighter unconciously, suddenly being nervous. "Loved ones." Yoona said softly, "Do you have one?" their eyes were locked to each other as the silence errupted.

It took a minute before Seohyun gave a nod, looking away shyly. Yoona had to smile at that.

"So do I." she whispered before tightening her grip also, taking the last glance on Seohyun before grinning to herself. Seohyun smiled also, after she heard that whisper.

They didn't initiate any conversation again, being in a good silence until they reached the destination. Yoona and Seohyun have to separate ways, as the teachers would divide them per classes for each bus they will take. Although not being side by side, their hands were still warm. It made them smile, looking like a loon as the other stared in amusement.

Snapping out from her thoughts, she ran towards her homeroom Miss Kim and gave her the permission letter. Having a walk with Yoona just swipe out all her thoughts, making it empty just to be filled with her. Out from the crowd of students, she noticed Yoona's gaze towards her and both of them giggled. Waving their hands, both of them entered the bus and enjoyed the ride.

Seohyun was happy at first, but she feels a bit gloomy to when she heard that the camping trip was planned for the Seniors graduation early celebration. She forgot it, that Yoona is one that will graduate soon. 

It is sad, thinking to spend her last years without Yoona later.

Yoona on the other hand, frowned when they mentioned about the graduation. Not that she don't want to be graduated, it's the person that she would leave later.

From far away, their eyes met again.

They need to be sure about their feelings. Would they sew their own hearts on each other's sleeve?

After hours of waiting, Yoona pulled Seohyun away from the crowd and lead her somewhere quiet. To the place where it's not too dark, they sit and stared at the beautiful night sight.

"Joohyun.."

"Yes?"

Seems like the world would hear how loud their heartbeats were.

"What would be your reply, if that person you love confessed?"

Seohyun tried to be calm.

"I would give that person my embrace." she bit her lip, Yoona did the same. 

"Then I..... I love you."

And the world stops for a while. Yoona squeezed her eyes shut, afraid of what would happen next. But for her own surprise, Seohyun stood up from her place and walked back to the bonfire. She felt a bit sad, but Yoona goes back to the bonfire and sit quietly.

The others were singing loudly as the teachers play the music for them. She looked around for Seohyun, but she was nowhere. It was a bit odd because her dance team members were dancing in the middle, and Seohyun would follow them.

Just then, someone sat behind Yoona. She was still clapping her hand nonchalantly, until a pair of slender arms were encircled on her waist. Looking back, it was Seohyun.

As red as tomato, they don't know where to hide.

"Thank you." Yoona finally calmed herself, "I don't know how to react anymore." she placed her hand on top of Seohyun's.

"No, thank you." Seohyun smiled, "For realizing my feelings." she rested her head on Yoona's back.

"I'll still be inside the Student Council before I entered the college, don't worry."

"Student Council or not, I have you already."

They chuckled.

"So am I."