My Dear Junior

Kitchen of Stories

"Oh gosh." she muttered, "It happened again." tremble and another tremble; her right hand just won't stop.

"Did you have a proper rest?" her friend asked, which she shook her head as a reply. "Might be that. Surely not because of being nervous." she held her own wrist firmly then a balled a fist, hoping the tremble would be gone as she tucked her right hand into her skirt pocket. "Come along Yoona, you're going to deliver a speech." she closed her eyes for a second, "Sure Sooyoung, I am well prepared." she smiled widely.

Then Yoona walked away as she bowed to Sooyoung.

"Is she going to be okay?" Sooyoung was startled when someone suddenly uttered a question on her back. "Uh... Yeah? She's always like that, your worries aside." Sooyoung answered as she turned around, "And you are?" her brows furrowed. "Just a curious mind." that person smiled, "Have a good day." a bow and goodbye.

A long sigh escaped from the person's chapped lips. 

"Do your best, Sunbae."


Yoona took a sip on her black coffee; she claimed that the bitter liquid helped her to concentrate, even if it's not everyone's liking. She did, lots of work as a part of the Student Council; she's pretty much a part of everything. You would spot her in the medical unit, dance team, sports club, even as the garden caretaker.

Capable, inhumane strength. Im Yoona.

She would never state that she's exhausted, drawing out worries from her friends. "Yoona, have your rest." Sooyoung said when she carried some stacks of paper, "A bit worry on your worried besties, would you?" but Yoona didn't give any answer as she's gone by the door. She stopped typing on her laptop when everyone was gone from the room, just to watch her right hand tremble.

"Shut it you!" she shook her hand furiously, "Damned. Trembling. Hand!" she stood up and jumped in circles trying to stop the tremble. The door was pulled open by someone and she was still jumping around.

"Sunbaenim." a lady like voice called out.

"Heaven sake!" Yoona was shocked enough that she bumped herself on the table. "Oh what have I done." the girl bit her lip, "Must be hurting." she approached Yoona and helped her. "None of your fault." Yoona rubbed her back, "I was careless." she shook her head and smiled. "I... The guilt is still on me, Sunbae." she looked down, "I should've knocked the door. It's my fault because I didn't knock." it turned Yoona's smile into a grin; this girl was remarkable.

"Aside from that, what's your main purpose of being here?" Yoona diverted the girl's mind from blaming herself too much, "You won't be here except for something important." she chuckled as the girl tried to recall her purpose. "Oh, right." she knocked her forehead, "I'm here to deliver class reports, regarding Miss Kim's early leave." her hands clasped as she's ready for giving her reports.

Yoona took a pen from the table and her palm steady, "Please." the tip of the pen was ready on top of her skin. "The students are behaving pleasantly for all teachers, the class conditions are well; nothing is currently needing repairment. Biodata from the newcomers would be e-mailed right into the school website immediately, period." Yoona stopped writing as the other girl stopped.

"Thank you for the report." Yoona slipped the pen into her pocket, "You may leave now, Seo Joo-Hyun." she smiled widely when the said girl surprised. "Stalking was never my way of knowing people, Miss Seo Joo-Hyun." she chuckled, "I'm just simply your Sunbae. How should I call you anyway? Just to make things a bit loosened up." Yoona leisurely leaned on the table as she wait for her Junior to respond.

"I go by the nickname Joohyun, or Seohyun." she said shyly, "It's your preferance, Sunbaenim." she cleared . Yoona nodded to herself and walk towards the girl, her palm extended. "Nice to know you, Joohyun." she shook her hand, "Unnie would be a nice one rather than Sunbaenim." she grinned. "I'll take a note on that Sun.. Unnie." Joohyun smiled nervously, "Ehm.. Unnie.. The black on my palm..." she pointed at her palm and then to Yoona's palm; clumsy.

Yoona raised her palm that had the note, "I'm still able to decipher my own writings, at least." she shrugged. "Then I'll excuse myself." Joohyun bowed and hesitantly took a step back, before she turned back walk towards Yoona. "Uh... If later or tomorrow any bruise happens to be there at where you got hit by the table, please do tell me." she timidly said to Yoona who's already seated in front of her laptop, "I.. I will treat you a bowl of Patbingsoo, as an apology. Er... Have a good day Unnie." she rushed herself out after a quick bow.

She took a glance at the closed door and giggled by herself.

"Noted, Joohyun."


She was dancing with all her feelings, even if it's tiring. The dance team is currently listed into another competition, and Joohyun needed to fix her movements. She didn't have much time to practice because of the lessons, sunset to night time was the only choice she got. Her eyes was fixated into the mirror, where she would be able to see the mistakes.

She wanted it to be perfect, just like her Senior; currently her Unnie.

Joohyun always admired Yoona, for everything she did for the students. Yoona would always nurse the sick student until they leave the ward, leading her dance team into a winning, run along with the other athlete until she's worn out and gently taking care of the flowers to please the passing student's eye.

That made her stop and stare at the mirror with the question, "Did I do well?" and her eyes shown worry.

"What stopped you?" a familiar voice said from the back. "Unnie?" Joohyun was startled, "I thought that everyone left already." she rubbed her own shoulder while looking at Yoona from the mirror. "I'm always the last one to leave, after everyone leave." she sled her bag off her shoulder, "May I help you with the dance?" she was smiling again for her. "I hope my dance would be in your favour, Unnie." Joohyun slightly bowed and replayed the music.

She was able to feel it, Yoona's eyes watching her every single movement. Her nerves were at ease, Yoona's gaze was the most soothing one. "You may stop now, Joohyun." Yoona's voice suddenly chimed, "I'm very pleased to see the way you danced; my helps were not needed after all." her eyes shown sincerety but her smile was weary. Joohyun's gaze were on Yoona's right hand, it was madly trembling.

"I also, shan't continue." Joohyun said, "Time to go back home." her thoughts were only about letting Yoona rest; she would be gone after the remaining student are gone. "Sure." Yoona pick up her bag again, "If you're not bothered by it, may I walked you home?" Joohyun asked bluntly. "Only if you're not bothered with the quite long distance." the older one chuckled, seeming not to mind it.

"To your home it is, Unnie." Joohyun grinned.

It was surprising for the both of them.

They actually lived close to each other, part of the same neighbourhood. They never bumped into each other though, might be Joohyun was the one leaving early or Yoona; might be both in a slight second difference.

They'll meet frequently later.


School was on the semester exam period, stressing days for the students and Yoona herself. She was working hard on the reports, yet she needs to study well for her good grades.

Her head was already spinning, not even a glass of black coffee would help her. Sooyoung wasn't much of a help either, she had her own work to do and Yoona respected that. Yoona lay her head on the table for a split second before someone knocked on the door. "Please come in." she called out, and a short woman entered with her black hair tied in a messy bun also files were tucked in her hand.

"Miss Kim." Yoona bowed, "Class reports?" her head was slightly dizzy as she raised it up. "My girl Joohyun always did the favour, this time I'll bring in the reports myself." Miss Kim smiled with her dimple showing on her chin, "I've typed everything neatly to ease your work. Joohyun suggested so, for you to have a rest and I agree with her." she placed the files on top of Yoona's table.

"Joohyun?" Yoona widened her eyes as she asked. "It's her way to show her fondness towards you." Miss Kim nodded her head, "Appreciate it, you're her lead role." she smiled and waved goodbye to Yoona. She bowed to the leaving Miss Kim and have her thought occupied by what Miss Kim said. 

She's the lead role to Seo Joo-Hyun.

Never on her days of being the President of Student Council ever occured to the stage of being someone's lead role. Yoona smiles upon it, although tugging her lips into a smile was already tiring for the day.

And her right hand trembled again, worst of all. She held her wrist once again and balled a fist, it didn't stop the tremble like usual. Yoona tried to reach her glass of warm water, but the glass dropped as she tried to hold it. The crashing sound made someone rushed inside, as fast as the person's feet would lead. It was surprisingly, her one-of-a-kind Junior.

"Are you alright, Unnie?" Joohyun was worried sick, "Your right hand is wounded badly!" she gasped loudly. "I'm exhausted." Yoona held her forehead with the other hand, "And this damned trembling hand of mine." she closed her eyes as she tried to ease her breathing.

Joohyun pulled out her handkerchief and wiped it on Yoona's bleeding hand, which she clasped inside her own hands and ease the tremble. "It's better if you go to the school ward now, Unnie." Joohyun slightly pulled the older one's hand, "I'll lead you there." she held Yoona's still trembling hand with one and another one encircled her waist. They walked step by step carefully.

"You'll be late for your lesson." Yoona slighly chuckled, "It's the materials for exams, you know?" she nudged Joohyun's body with hers. "I'm able to catch up with it, they're mostly from the books and I'm a God forsaken nerd." Joohyun stated that bluntly, "Now my focus is on you, Unnie. You're sick." she took a glance and Yoona and looked to the front again.

Joohyun helped Yoona to get on the bed and she hurried herself to find the medical kit. Yoona wanted to close her eyes and sleep, but she wanted to watched Joohyun from afar. She keep her eyes on Joohyun even when the girl was already right beside her. "I heard from Miss Kim, something interesting about you." Yoona's fingertips were on the hem of Joohyun's handkerchief, "Was that interesting something, the truth?" she released it as the handkerchief were being pulled away gently.

For a minute or so, no answer came out from Joohyun's mouth. All that she do was treating the wound of Yoona's trembling hand, and she looked down most of the time. As she was done, she didn't let go of Yoona's hand.

"It was the truth, Unnie." her cheeks were flushed, "I'm not capable of lying." she tried to avoid Yoona's gaze.

"So be it." Yoona closed her eyes and smiled, for Joohyun surprise. The tremble in her hand was slowly gone, Yoona fell asleep at last.

Joohyun didn't leave, nor she released Yoona's hand from her hold.


"I've warned you, gazillion of times Yoona." Sooyoung was mad, "Look what happened when I was gone!" she flailed her arms and Yoona laughed at it. "Hey, Im Gator! I'm being serious here!" Sooyoung felt offended, "You looked like my mother, my apology." Yoona tried to stop her laughter-fail. "Bah." the tall one sighed, "Have it your way." she slumped her shoulder dejectedly.

"I'm going to have my rest though." Yoona said, "Someone promised to treat me Patbingsoo if I got some bruise on the table accident." she giggled. "But you said you didn't?" Sooyoung eyed her suspiciously, "I'm saving it for the right moment, Soo. A little get-to-know-you event it would be." she winked and laughed again. Yoona checked her right hand, and it weirdly didn't tremble. "Got a nice rest? Your damned hand didn't tremble." she widened her eyes in amusement.

"Yeah, someone reminded me to rest." Yoona smiled again and nodded, "Maybe it's time for me to go." she stood up from her seat and packed her things. "It's good for you then, this someone." Sooyoung nodded also, "Who is it?" she asked Yoona that is about to leave.

"None other than my dear Junior." she grinned.