Chapter 4

Believe

Baekhyun's POV

It was my last day at Jeju when Luhan told me about the girl he met last night. I really wanted to meet the girl that Luhan mentioned last night, unfortunately, today I had to go back to Seoul as secretary Yoon was on the emergency leaves that day and no one was there to look after my company. It's not no one were there but I just can't trust people. Since that incident happened. I can't trust people easily again. It was so hard for me to trust people again except my grandmother, secretary Yoon and my bestfriend, Chanyeol also Luhan only.

That incident kept haunted me for a few years and because of that, my personality changed. I was a cheerful and happy go lucky guy before but once the incident happened, I totally changed 360 degree. Since that, I had became a cold and arrogant guy, rarely smile and always used to be harsh with people around me. It was so tough for a little boy who was in his teenager life had to sacrifice his whole life for the family's sake. I was having a really hard time but no one was there to comfort me and knew what I felt exactly until I decided to change myself so that I won't get hurt anymore.

When I was hurriedly caught up my flight back to Seoul, I bumped into a girl. When I took a glanced at her face, she looks so pretty. I wanted to apologize her for spilled coffee on her clothes but my ego blocked me from being nice to her. To be honest, I really didn't feel like this after a long time. Seeing that girl, my heart suddenly racing fast. She looks so innocent and her pure face had makes me calm. I was freezed for a while but then I realized I need to hurry so I just threw my name card to her without looking back. Actually, I didn't mean to do that to her but my ego and trauma stopped me from being so kind to her.

After boarding into the plane, I kept thinking about her. I just don't know what was wrong with me. Most of the girls I met, I had never felt this kind of feeling. As I was too tired, I fall asleep until the plane reached Seoul. After arrived at Incheon Airport, I saw my name on the banner and card held by unknown girls or should I said my fans? It was normal for me being the young CEO and the most rich person who inherites my grandmother inheritance and having handsome face as an advance being adored by teenagers girls.

I have to admit this condition really makes me annoys as everyday there will always be fan girls screaming and shouting at me. I'm not an idol! I once again fall asleep in my car during the way back home. It was a really hectic days for the past weeks as I need to monitor the new project in Jeju.

I was in my past. I saw my old self in a lively personality. I saw my brother and my whole family giggling with the jokes made by my father while having a bbq party outside the house. We were so happy being together. As the youngest in my family, I received a lot of loves from my family. I was so lucky that time.

Suddenly, I felt like I was in a different place. I entered the scene where my parents were killed in an accident. I saw myself crying alone. I was a cold, dark night. I saw that creepy fire which tooks away my parents life! Arghh! It was a terrible moment ever in my life! If it wasn't because of me, my parents probably will still alive.

"Help! Help! Help! I screamed with a fear and trembling all over my body. The fire got on my nerves. I was crying without even realized it was a dream.

"Sir! Sir! Byun Baekhyun! Wake up. We already arrived." My driver shouted at me to wake me up.

"I'm.....I'm scared. I saw the fire again!" I said with a trembling voice.

"Nothing to be scared sir. You were just having a dream. It's nothing." Mr Jong Suk calmly said to me in a fatherly voice.

I dreamt again about the nightmare. Since that incident happened, I kept on blaming myself as I was the major reason for my parents death although my grandmother said hundred times it was just an accident. We shouldn't go out that time just to celebrate it in my favourite restaurant. Back then, after my grandmother told my brother about the incident, he quickly rushed back home. Soon he arrived, he saw me wrapped myself in a blanket alone in my room. I was traumatized by the fire scene in front of my eyes for about years and my brothers insisted not to go back to States and let go his dream just to take care of me.

Since my parents death, my brother was the one who took over my grandmother company as my father replacement. Eventhough he had big passion in music, he willing to sacrifice his life for us. He still able to play music when he had free time. Sometimes, he taught me how to play piano. My brother was a great pianist. I love the way he played the piano. Every week, he always made sure to spend his time with me even once a week. He was a nice and lovely brother I ever had. I lied myself on the bed and played the very last song made by brother to me.

Don’t be hesitant anymore

Just take out my heart

That’s like a very piercing light

The moonlight in the following night, close your eyes

If it isn’t me, but rather another man

If it’s only a line in a comedy

Burn, dry, let it be

I agree to exchange scars with your love

Baby don’t cry, tonight

when the dark night lights up again

Baby don’t cry, tonight

Just act like it never happened

You will never become foam

Do you not know?

so baby don’t cry, cry

My love protects you and won’t separate

Put down your most uneasy atrium

Please accept destiny

I think I love you more than even more lovers

And even increasingly fall for you

When you smile, sun shine

You’re too brilliant to the point that I can’t speak

My entire heart is beat into pieces by waves, and it stops

Baby don’t cry, tonight

On the nights where storm winds raid (woo I can hold you in my arms)

Baby don’t cry, tonight

It seems to fit this night very well

But the passion of this moment cannot be extended

But rather I have to watch you go

So baby don’t cry, cry

Just let my love be like a memory

Everywhere is shaded, the heavy cold air

Caught up in calling the pain of parting

I’m about to suffocate, hurting until I have no strength, only your smile is analgesic, ah!

My wayward violation

I hope that our story has an ending

Don’t cry, I don’t want your tears to fall with pain, rather you are a cold baby towards me

Say no more (baby) no more (don’t cry)

Don’t hesitate, don’t struggle, this has already begun collapsing

Say no more (baby) no more (don’t cry)

Please let me keep my last dignity

Or please destroy me directly

Your gaze is full of moonlight baby, woo

Without sound nor stirs in pain, flowing towards pure light

Baby don’t cry, tonight (cry)

when the dark night does not light up again (I can hold you in my arms)

Baby don’t cry, tonight

Just act like it never happened

You will never become foam

You will never know

so baby don’t cry, cry (don’t cry cry)

My love protects you and won’t separate (cry cry)

Just watch the early morning sunlight shine down (down)

Like you, dazzlingly shining down (falling down)

I think my eyes have gotten lost, only now cry cry cry

*EXO - Baby Don't Cry

Each lyrics had a very deep meaning. I was crying as I missed my brother badly. Soon, I didn't even noticed I had fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the past chapter. I knew a lot of people having confusion with the main character. I will try my best to clear all the confusion for all. I'm trying to make harmony between the characters. Btw, the main character is still Baekhyun! ^^

Enjoy your reading and thank you for subscribing my story.