Chapter 3

Believe

Jieun's POV

-flashback-

It was my father's company anniversary. I felt a little weird as this year my father decided to make a grand party. It wasn't like this for the past years. When I asked him the reason why he wanted to do such a grand party this year, his answer was simple. He wanted to make announcement about two things but he wasn't tell me what. For this year, my mom decided to specially ordered my dress for the party. As I wasn't the type of girl who liked to wear dress, I let her choose anything that she thought will fit me the best.

I had to admit that the dress fit me well. It was so nice and I just loved the designed. Indeed, mom taste is not bad. After getting myself ready, my sister and I got into the car where our driver will drove us to the venue. I was at the grand ballroom of Zeus Hotel. I was surprised at first looking at each of the set prepared. It was already 8 pm and the party had started. As I was walked randomly and met some of my friends, suddenly I bumped into someone. It was a tall guy who wore a coat.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I am so sorry." The guy said.

"It's okay. Nothing much about this. Besides, I'm fine with it." I said to him.

"Woah. So kind of you. Again, I'm sorry. My mind was somewhere else just now." That handsome and good looking guy said again.

"Haha. Nothing much actually. Anyway, I'm Jieun. The owner of this party daughter." I said again.

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Kris. I heard you're already 20's this year. You can call me oppa if you want. We can use informal to each other." He said to me. Ahh ~ he had such a manly voice.

"Yeah, I'm exactly 20 years old this year. Ah, really? Alright then. I don't mind with that anyway." I replied him.

"You looks so pretty. The dress fits you the best." He made his compliment to me.

"Thank you oppa." Simple words I said to him. I am the type who doesn't know how to make a conversation with anyone except my family.

After spent some time with Kris, we exchanged our numbers as he had already need to make his way. He bid a farewell to me as he said he had something to deal with. My heart fluttered for a moment after he left. I had never felt like this in my whole life. Was this what they called first sight love? Was I already fall in love with him even I just met him an hour ago? I kept asking myself the same question before my father made his announcement. It were his planned to merge with Picasso Art Company and something caught me when he said he wanted me to get married. I startled for a while what he had said.

With a clueless face, I took my steps on the stage. Everyone were clapping for me and congrats me for the married. It was really unexpected things ever happened in my life. I was so shocked with the news. It was very shocking after I met my future in-law. It was Wu's family. They told me this arranged marriage were made for the sake of both company. As a daughter, I just agreed with my father decision as I wasn't the type who always argued with my parents planned.

As soon as the party was over, my parents asked our driver to take me and my sister home first. After prepared for the bed, suddenly my phone rang. It was a text message. And it was from Kris! Another unexpected thing happened. He wished me goodnight and told me to sleep well. I wondered why he texted me that as we just known each other few hours ago. It wasn't a lie when I suddenly felt something strange after the texted message. My heart really fluttered with the message he sent to me.

When I was about to fall asleep, my parents words hit me. The announcement just now suddenly been heard in my mind. The arranged marriage! Was I sure with my decision accepted my parents choice? I was never meet the guy they mentioned earlier. My father told me the guy name is Wu Yi Fan. He just came back from abroad after finished his study. Suddenly, I felt like I was in dilemma to choose who. My heart already choose Kris even we just meet while other side of me doesn't want to crash my parents hope.

As I was immersed in my own world, suddenly someone knocked on my door. It was Soyul. She was on the right time when I need her the most even I didn't call her. I started to voice out my dilemma to her and she listened to my words carefully. I also told her about Kris. She replied me that I have to accept our parents choice as my parents already decided I had to meet my future husband the next day. It was another surprised for me. Blind date?! Woah ~ they gotta be kidding with me right now. Soyul then left me with a bright expression and told me not to worry about the date as she sure I would like it.

It was the day I will meet him. I went to the place Soyul told me as my parents left very early in the morning. She said I will meet the guy who wore a black casual clothes at the park. I just dressed up in a casual clothes I used to wear everyday. As soon as I arrived, I quickly found a bench to seat. I waited for a few minutes before I heard someone voice. I was really familiar voice and I thought I had heard this before. I was so confident about it and it was correct! It's Kris voice. I wondered what he doing here anyway with a bouquet of lavender flower that I loved. I quickly took a glanced at him as he passed me the flowers. I was hesistated to receive it at first but suddenly he introduced me that his name is Wu Yi Fan.

It was a coincidence or what? The arranged marriage that my father told me yesterday was with this guy that I already fall in love with? I'm so lucky with this planned. After a while, Kris told me that this was his planned at first. He told my parents not to mention his nickname to me as he wanted to surprise me. I was so shocked at first but he told me that he already fall in love with me since his parents showed him my picture. I had never thought that this kind of things will happened to me.

It just took us for a month to learn about each other before we officially engaged. I was never expected I will engaged with this handsome and kind man who always showed his cool side in front of others but totally changed to a funny guy when he's with me. During our engagement period, we spent a lot of time together. Finally, it just another four days before our marriage. I felt very nervous and excited at the same time. Kris wasn't there when I tried my wedding dress. He had an urgent meeting in China and will only be back a day before our wedding. I was little bit disappointed but seeing him too busy managed the company, I had to accept it.

A day was left for our wedding. Suddenly, my phone rang. It was from someone and she gave me such a heartbreaking news. My body was trembling as I received the called. I wasn't able to stand properly. My phone was falled from my hand. What I knew, my world was dark and blurred. It was then I realized that I woke up on my bed with Soyul beside me. I quickly woke her up and asked her about what had just happened.

"Soyul. Why were you here?" I asked her.

"Unnie. You've finally wake up." She said.

"Yeah. But why? Btw, I had a nightmare. It was the worst nightmare I had ever dreamt. I dreamt about Kris." I started my story.

"Unnie, you have to be strong. Kris oppa had left us." Soyul words hit me.

"What?! You must be kidding me right?" I couldn't believe what she just said. I screamed for Kris name and suddenly my tears burst out.

Soyul was just standing there and comforted me. I kept crying for over a week after his death. Started from that day, my world and everything seemed had no lights.

 

Author's POV

Kris was headed to China for his urgent meeting. He couldn't even met Jieun to bid a farewell but he did passed a ring to Soyul to give it to Jieun. Few days before he left, he spent most of his time with his fiancee. He had such a memorable moment with Jieun and he was so happy to see Jieun smile before he left. A night before, he did called Jieun and kept on repeating the words 'saranghae' to Jieun. He couldn't express himself how much he loves Jieun.

Three days had passed. Finally, his worked had done. He was urge to see his fiancee after they didn't meet for a long time. It was time for his flight back to Korea. He was excitedly and called Jieun before he departed.

"Jieun-ah. We will meet again. I can't wait to see you." He said.

"Haha. Oppa. I also can't wait to see you. Faster come back. I miss you a lot." Jieun replied.

"Nae, I will. Anyway, remember I will always be inside your heart." Kris said and hung up the called.

It was a bad weather. Suddenly, it's raining heavily while the plane was heading back to Korea. The pilot can't even handle the plane anymore. What he heard was the screaming of the passengers. It was breathetaking moment for all. Suddenly, the plane crashed. It crashed on the ocean. And suddenly, no more voice heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I managed to finish this chapter. It tooks me a while to finish it. And sorry for not updating for a past few days. I kept on losing my storyline. Enjoy your reading! :)

I wondered what happened exactly? Did Kris actually died? Omo ~ I'm getting excited for my next chapter.