Chapter 14

Believe

Baekhyun's POV

Today, I decided to ask Soyul out with her parents permission. Eventhough I was scared at first, I still brave myself to face Mr Lee and his wife just to ask the permission. I really don't have any idea why am I doing this at first. I can just asked Soyul by myself without getting trouble came to her house just to see her parents. Unfortunately, Soyul didn't know that I was here in her house. When she met me, she was a bit shocked by my presence.

"Baekhyun oppa. What are you doing here?" She's a bit shocked when she saw me.

"My baby, he come here just to ask our permission of asking you out today." With a low tone of voice, Mrs Lee said.

"What?! Going out?" made an O when she heard Mrs Lee.

"Close your mouth baby. Just accept his invitation and go dress properly." Mr Lee made her back to the earth.

"Arasseo appa. Baekhyun oppa, wait for me for a while. I'm going to change my outfit." She said to me with her smile. Seeing her smile makes my heart beat faster.

"Ahh ~ alright. I will." I was stuttered for a while.

After Soyul had finished changed her outfit, we bid goodbye to her parents and her parents told me to send her back before 11 pm. As soon as we fasten our seatbelt, I drove all the way to one of my favourite spot when I'm alone. The place is kind of romantic and I think, it suits our condition really well. During our journey there, it was a silent moment for us. We only listened to Seoul fm. Suddenly, my favourite song played. I didn't realized that my eyes already became teary and what I never thought was, Soyul noticed it.

"Oppa, why are you crying?" She asked me when she saw my teary eyes.

"Ani ~ it's just the lyrics is too sad." I lied to her.

"Oppa, don't lie please. Is this song made you remind someone?" Ahh ~ she hit the jackpot!

"Well. I think so. Probably because I think of her too much." I started to tell her more about my past. 

"Oppa, don't think too much about your past. Past is past. We have to live in the present and prepare for the future." Calmly she said to me.

After we arrived at our destination, we walked along the beach and find a place to sit. I just don't know why I suddenly feel that Soyul is so special and I even eagerly wanted to tell her all my past. I just think she's a good listener for me. After she's saving my life, I started to feel something that I lost very long time ago. She's indeed a special person for me. I started to realise that my life actually worth it. I started to feel that my world will be shining again and finally, I can see the light that I lost before.

"Soyul-ah, sorry for went to your home without informed you earlier." I started the conversation.

"Nae. It's okay oppa. Besides, I think you really need a person to accompany you right?" She answered.

"Yeah, I think so. Anyway, I owe you my life. Thanks again for saving me. I might be died or in coma right now if you weren't there before." I kept the conversation going.

"Oppa, we have to live our life to the fullest. We have to live for our loves ones." Her wise words made me realized something.

I never thought I can see the world again after my very dark past that changed me. Slowly, we become closer by sharing our story. And this makes my heart beat even more.

Soyul's POV

"Morning baby. Hurry up wake up and go bath now. We have a guest." Mom woke me from my beauty sleep.

"Ahh ~ omma. I need to sleep more. I'm so sleepy." I tried to pull my blanket but too bad mom pull it back it from me.

"No little girl. You need need to wake up now and meet our guest." Firmly mom woke me.

"Arasseo omma. I will wake up now." I sat on my bed with sleepy face. Lazily, I walked towards my bathroom and fresh myself from this sleepy I felt. After got myself done, I walked down to the living room and was shocked when I saw Baekhyun!

"What is he doing here this early in the morning?" I murmured.

"Baekhyun oppa. What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"My baby, he come here just to ask our permission of asking you out today." With a low tone of voice, omma explained.

"What?! Going out?" I was a bit shocked till I didn't realized that I was half shouted.

"Close your mouth baby. Just accept his invitation and go dress properly." My father made me back to the earth.

"Arasseo appa. Baekhyun oppa, wait for me for a while. I'm going to change my outfit." I just replied my father with a simple answers.

After bid goodbye to my parents, he drove me to somewhere I also don't know. Along the journey, we had silent moment. Either me or him never started the conversation until Moon Myung Jin song Crying Again played and I saw his gloomy face. His eyes also almost teary.

"Did this song remind him of someone?" I monologue in my heart.

The lyrics is a bit sad if we listened and understand it properly.

I look at you, I look at you but you’re getting farther away
I beg, I cling but you’re getting farther away

Even my scratched up scars know
So without saying a single word
I just look at you, who is leaving

Crying again, crying again, my love who I loved like my own life
Crying again, crying again, I try to steady my heart and hold it in but love is crying again

You’re leaving, you’re leaving
Without a word, you’re leaving me

I should have cared for you a little more
I should have loved you a little more
A regretful love is leaving me

Crying again, crying again, my love who I loved like my own life
Crying again, crying again, I try to steady my heart and hold it in but love is crying again

I call, call, call out to you
I hold and hold onto you but you turn away
It hurts so much that I can’t breathe

Crying again, crying again

Letting you go, letting you go, I’m letting go of you, who is strengthlessly leaving
Letting you go, letting you go, I’m strenghlessly letting go of this foolish love

After having a bit conversation, we arrived at the beach. We walked for a while and finally found a spot to sit. He started to tell me about his past. I've never thought this arrogant jerk before was having a really hard times. I cried when I heard his story. Being with him made me felt like Sungjong was here. Suddenly, I missed him so much but still I need to appreciate my present life.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for not updating this story for almost a month. I am kind of busy with my current life. Anyway, thank you for new subscribers and thanks for everyone who read my story. I promise I will try to update even more if I have the time. Do comment for my mistakes in writing. English is not my first language.

Happy Birthday to both of my bias, NAM WOOHYUN and SONG YUNHYEONG ~! Have a blast and always take care of yourselves.