Chapter 2

9 Angels and 12 Wolves

Ji Hoon was already up before dawn breaks. He practices the questions he wanted to ask Taeyeon so that there would be no awkward silence around them. Ji Hoon got dressed and make sure he looked like the most sophisticated guy in the school. He applied hair gel to ensure his hair looks neat and tidy. He wore new school shoes since Sunny had "accidentally" spilled coffee on his previous shoe. Uniform button, pants zip and tie pulled up. Ji Hoon took a step back to assess his physical appearance. He wore a blue watch that matches the school vest. Ji Hoon ate breakfast and left the house.

Ji Hoon made his way up and sat at the stairs. This way, he could see Taeyeon when she comes out. About 10 minutes later, Taeyeon finally emerged from the door. Her hair smelled like lavender and was tied to the right with a red ribbon. Her uniform was pressed down so that there will not be any crisp. The sleeve of the school vest was folded till her elbows. Her socks had sunked into her school shoes. Ji Hoon thought that Taeyeon looked great, despite her height. It made her look cute actually. She saw Ji Hoon and waved to him to come closer. Taeyeon asked what Ji Hoon was doing.

"Oh... I just thought that since we go to the same school, why not we go to school together," Ji Hoon said.

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. Both of them step into the elevator and went to the ground floor. Starting a conversation with Taeyeon is really hard. The questions Ji Hoon had planned out dissappeared in an instant when they entered the elevator. Taeyeon finally breaks the silence that surrounds them by asking about the incident when he looked at Sooyoung's chest. Ji Hoon's cheeks started to turn red. Ji Hoon told her the full story.

"Ahh~ You don't seem like the type who would purposely look at girl's chest," Taeyeon laughed.

Ji Hoon smiled. He's happy to have met Taeyeon. Ji Hoon askes Taeyeon some simple questions like her favourite food, colour and songs. Taeyeon answered them all. She did the same to Ji Hoon. Soon, both of them were talking and Ji Hoon feel a little relaxed. Ji Hoon and Taeyeon even exchange phone numbers. Ji Hoon is really happy to have made a new friend. The bus ride to school was really lively. Taeyeon kept the conversation going. However, that happiness was gone in an instant when Tiffany suddenly appeared. She pulled Taeyeon away from Ji Hoon and glared at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon felt himself get smaller under Tiffany's piercing eyes. Taeyeon told her to stop.

"But he's a ert remember? He might try to look at your chest" Tiffany protested and covered Taeyeon's body with her's.

Taeyeon was about to defend Ji Hoon when Ji Hoon told her to stop. Ji Hoon his heel and walked another way to school. He left without saying goodbye to Taeyeon. Ji Hoon felt upset. He felt his chances of getting to know more about Taeyeon slipped past him. He was sure that Tiffany would do all it takes to make sure he doesn't meet Taeyeon. Ji Hoon entered his class. There wasn't any sign of Tiffany, Sooyoung and Sunny at all. Ji Hoon sigh in relieved. He went to his table, took.out his Biology textbook and started reading it. About half an hour later, Sooyoung and Sunny entered. They saw Ji Hoon and decided to have a little chat with him.

"Sorry but could you leave me alone? I'm kinda busy right now," Ji Hoon said politely.

Sunny stood up and snatched Ji Hoon's textbook. She then flung it to the other end of the room. Ji Hoon gasp. He was shocked to see Sunny's sudden action. Sunny sat on Ji Hoon's lap. Sunny looked at Ji Hoon. And she started talking. Ji Hoon wanted to push her off. He wanted to throw Sunny's bag into the hallway. But he didn't. He's new here and he didn't want to be cast aside by his classmates, especially Taeyeon if she knows about thst. Ji Hoon needs to pass his exams to go university. And he wasn't going to let some girl crush his opportunity. Ji Hoon reluctantly talked to Sunny and Sooyoung. Tiffany walked into the classroom and whispered something in Sooyoung's ear. Sooyoung smirked. Sunny asked what it was but Tiffany ignored her. Sooyoung got up and followed Tiffany. Sunny was chasing after them as the three of them left the class. One of Ji Hoon's classmates handed back Ji Hoon's textbook. Ji Hoon thanked him. His name is Do Kyungsoo. He followed Ji Hoon to Ji Hoon's seat. They were both talking when Sooyoung burst into the classroom. She threw a water balloon at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon's face get the full impact of the throw. Water dripped from Ji Hoon's face and it made his school vest soggy. Ji Hoon's hair was wet. This caused some of the gel to stream down on face, making his face sticky. Ji Hoon heard a few girls laughing.

But they didn't realise Mrs Park was behind them. She yelled at the top of her voice. Sunny, Sooyoung and Tiffany froze. Mrs Park's voice thundered in everyone's ears. She ordered the girl to go straight to the principal's office. Kyungsoo accompanied Ji Hoon to the toilet. Ji Hoon wiped his face with tissues to get rid of the gel. Kyungsoo tried to dry Ji Hoon's school vest by placing it below the hand dryer. Ji Hoon was dumbfounded. He hadn't had the slightest clue as to why anyone would want to bully him. Kyungsoo gave Ji Hoon back his vest. Ji Hoon tried to smile but couldn't. Kyungsoo patted Ji Hoon's back. He told Ji Hoon to ignore them and that Kyungsoo will always be there for him. Ji Hoon nodded and they both walked back to class.

During lunch break, Ji Hoon tapped his pen furiously on his table. He was trying to complete his maths homework before he reaches home. But he's hopeless when it comes to maths. He felt like taking a break. Furthermore, his stomach is grumbling. Kyungsoo walked to him and asked if Ji Hoon wanted to go for lunch. Ji Hoon wasn't sure. Should he go? What if Kyungsoo's friends are unfriendly? Apparently, Ji Hoon was saying it out loud. Kyungsoo laughed and said that his friends are really nice and friendly. Ji Hoon quickly apologise as he didn't meant to judge Kyungsoo's friends without meeting them. Kyungsoo nodded, stating that he understands your situation right now.

"Hi everyone! This is Ji Hoon! He just transferred into the school this year and I was wondering if he could join us," Kyungsoo beamed.

Everyone nodded and made room for Ji Hoon to sit. They asked about Ji Hoon and what is his interest. Within ten minutes, Ji Hoon managed to know all their names with the help of some distinct features they introduce to Ji Hoon. There's Jongin that has the darkest skin colour among them. The one who smiles a lot and has big ears is Chanyeol. Yixing is the guy with dimples. Baekhyun is fair and has a rectangular shape mouth when he smiles or laughs. Jongdae looks like a dinosaur as claimed by Baekhyun. Xiumin is the only guy among them who has single eyelids and is as short as Kyungsoo. Sehun is almost expressionless most of the times. Luhan is described to be the most beautiful guy among them and can be considered a girl. Joonmyeon has a wide forehead. Tao and Kris aren't in school today. They were really nice and Ji Hoon felt as if they've met him before. Time flies when you're having fun and Ji Hoon was disappointed to hear the school bell, signalling the end of lunch period. Ji Hoon followed Kyungsoo back to class. When Ji Hoon entered, his foot hit something and Ji Hoon tripped. He landed straight on the floor. He heard girls laughing. Ji Hoon turned and saw Yoona and Yuri. They high five each other. When they saw Kyungsoo approaching them, they left. Kyungsoo helped Ji Hoon stand up. Ji Hoon saw that Sunny, Tiffany and Sooyoung were so absorbed into their Chemistry textbooks. Ji Hoon walked quietly to his table, careful not to provoke them. Chemistry class was starting and before you know it, it was over. Most of the classes went by in a flash when the three girls weren't disturbing Ji Hoon. As the final bell rang, Ji Hoon packed his bag and left. He was joined by Chanyeol on the way home. Chanyeol asked where Ji Hoon was staying. When Ji Hoon told him, Chanyeol's eyes were as huge as Kyungsoo's.

"You stay in the same block as Kim Taeyeon?!" Chanyeol said.

"Yes. Is there a problem? " Ji Hoon asked.

Chanyeol shooked his head. He told Ji Hoon the whole story. Ji Hoon couldn't believe it. Taeyeon is the leader of the girl group Girls Generation. Ji Hoon had heard about Girls Generation once from his friend. They comprised of nine singing angels that have voices that could cure scars in the heart. Ok, maybe Ji Hoon was exaggerating about that part. But Ji Hoon couldn't believe that the Kim Taeyeon is living in the same block with him. Chanyeol waved goodbye when Ji Hoon entered the building. He walked towards the elevator. Someone tapped on his shoulder. Ji Hoon turned and saw Taeyeon. She was smiling at Ji Hoon. Taeyeon's smile faded once she started talking about the incident today. She was apologising continuously. Ji Hoon just said it was okay but Taeyeon wasn't convinced that Ji Hoon would easily accept it. So she dragged Ji Hoon all the way to her apartment. Ji Hoon tried to stop himself but couldn't.

Taeyeon pushed Ji Hoon onto the sofa. She went into the kitchen and grabbed two glasses of tea and place it on the table. She the television and she started talking from where both of them left off before Tiffany interrupted. Ji Hoon find it hard to relax. They were together. All alone in Taeyeon's house with no one to bother them. Weird thoughts started popping up in Ji Hoon's mind which he quickly pushed it to the back of his mind. Taeyeon asked if Ji Hoon was good in Chemistry.

"I'm not that smart but I think I can help you," Ji Hoon said.

"That's good enough for me," Taeyeon said.

Both of them sat at the dining table and did their homework. Ji Hoon was helping Taeyeon in her Chemistry. She saw that Ji Hoon struggling to answer his Maths homework so she helped out. It turns out, Taeyeon is a maths genius. She easily solved the questions without even making a single mistake in her calculations. Ji Hoon wondered if Taeyeon could have a calculator infused in her brain. About two hours later, Taeyeon and Ji Hoon completed their homework. Taeyeon decided to ask a favour from Ji Hoon. In exchange for helping Taeyeon with her Chemistry, Taeyeon would tutor Ji Hoon in his Maths. Ji Hoon nodded. He left as his mother would start to get worried if he isn't home by dinner.

"So I'll wait for you at the school gate after school?" Taeyeon asked.

"Sure. But won't your friends try to stop you from seeing me?" Ji Hoon asked.

"Nope. And I don't think they will bother you," Taeyeon said.

Ji Hoon nodded and left. He was happy to have a study date with Taeyeon. Now, he's one step closer to getting close to her.

Park Hyun Ae sat in front of her dresser. She gently brush her hair, staring at her own reflection in the mirror. Her room was close to dark, except for the bedside lamp that is switched on, illuminating the entire room. She was sad. Sad that Sunny was doing horrible things to people again. Hyun Ae was walking pass 2G when she saw Sunny hurling a book. Hyun Ae saw Sooyoung grinning while the boy, shocked and utterly speechless by the sudden action. Hyun Ae wondered why Sunny did that. Was she teased by the boy? Hyun Ae recalled how terrifying it was to see Sunny snap. A boy once called Sunny short in front of a crowd. Sunny chase the boy down like a cheetah, quick and deadly. The boy suffered scrapes on his knees and palms. There were bruises on his hands too. Never in Hyun Ae's life has she seen such violence from a girl, especially her own friend. Hyun Ae remembered the final words Sunny said when she left Hyun Ae to join Girls Generation. It was too painful to recall it. Hyun Ae's fragile heart smashed onto the floor, breaking into a thousand pieces. Ever since that day, Hyun Ae never spoke to Sunny again. There were times when Hyun Ae caught Sunny looking at her. But Sunny immediately tore her gaze away from her.

Then, there was the boy in that particular class. Hyun Ae was sure he wasn't here last year. Probably a new student. She felt sympathetic for him. Getting stuck in a class with Sunny. He must probably had it rough, being tortured by Sunny, Tiffany and Sooyoung. That boy somehow reminded Hyun Ae of her long lost brother who she lived with when she was 4. Maybe it was the state of helplessness the boy was that made her remind of her twin brother. Or the fact that he didn't retaliate. Her brother was a coward since young. But he was only 4 so maybe coward isn't the right word for it. Their parents divorce that year. Hyun Ae was taken by her father. Her brother was taken by her mother. Since then, Hyun Ae never saw him.

Hyun Ae climbed into her bed and switched off the lights. Her room was shrouded in darkness. As Hyun Ae was about to drift off into her slumber, she promised herself that one day, she will find him. Her brother that she has been longing to meet all these years.