Chapter 5

9 Angels and 12 Wolves

Sunday was an awful day for Hyun Ae. She woke up and saw that she was still in her red mini dress. She went into the toilet. Hyun Ae felt nauseous. Just as she bend down, she threw up whatever she had taken in last night. The burning sensation was there but it wasn't as bad as drinking it. Hyun Ae strip off the dress and took a shower. She threw up again. The cold water helps Hyun Ae feel refreshed. But she realised she had a slight fever and rested in bed. She didn't bother to visit the doctor as she hated waiting in line for such a small illness. Hyun Ae summoned her maid and told her to fetch Asprin tables from the kitchen. Her maid nodded and reappeared shortly. After taking it, Hyun Ae decided to do some reading when she should be studying or doing homework. She fell asleep on her hed. And when she woke up, it was close to 7pm. Her fever was as good as gone.

"Ahh...Screw homework,"Hyun Ae said,"I'll just do it tomorrow. "

On Monday morning, Hyun Ae didn't want to go to school. She dreaded going to school. It's not because she didn't complete her homework. Hyun Ae didn't want to bump into Yixing or Sunny or anyone else, actually. She feels more safe being confined in her own room. The walls protected her from the outside world. Her dad asked why she didn't want to go to school. Hyun Ae lied and said she was still sick. Her dad nodded and left. Hyun Ae got up and changed into black skinny jeans and a pink blouse. She told her maid she's going out for a while.

"If Dad calls, just say that I'm sleeping after eating the medicine. Do you need anything?" Hyun Ae asked.

Her maid shooked her head. Hyun Ae grabbed her snickers and left. She went to a cafe down the street. A farmiliar sound of bells chiming echoed in the cafe. The smell of coffee wafted in the air. There was only three people there, four including her. Business was slow as usual in the morning, unlike in the afternoons. She sat at a table near the windows. A waitress came and took her order.

"The usual please Victoria," Hyun Ae said.

"Sure thing Hyun Ae," Victoria worte down and left.

Victoria came back a couple of minutes later. She gave Hyun Ae a cup of cappuccino and sat across Hyun Ae. She place her notepad down on the table.

"So why aren't you in school?" Victoria asked.

Hyun Ae tapped on the table with her fingetnails. She hesitated and said,"Sunny problems."

"What happened this time?" Victoria looked at her.

Hyun Ae told Victoria the whole story from the day at the library till the night club. Victoria was shocked at Sunny. She didn't expect Sunny to say those harsh words. Hyun Ae took a sip of her coffee and looked out at the window.

"What if she says is true? What if the friends I have now are using me as well?" Hyun Ae said slowly, realising that it could be true.

"I doubt it. Hana and your friends aren't like that. They will help you. They will stay with you, though thick or thin. Trust me," Victoria said.

Hearing Victoria's explanation helped Hyun Ae feel a little bit better. A smile forms on Hyun Ae's face. She was on her feet. Victoria told her not to skip school tomorrow. Hyun Ae nodded as she paid. She left the cafe and went home to finish her homework from last week. Hana called later in the afternoon to make sure she was okay. Hyun Ae thanked her for asking and accompanying her back home on Saturday night. Tuesday morning were dull as usual. But Hana was there at Hyun Ae's front door to go out with her. They walked to school together, the morning breeze blowing their hair and sometimes, their skirts. As they approached the front gates of what Hyun Ae calls prison door, they both spotted the new boy. Hana nudged at Hyun Ae's elbow.

"Hey, I heard that guy had a date with Taeyeon," Hana whispered.

"Taeyeon? The one from my class?" Hyun Ae asked, skeptical.

"Yup. I've got a photo as proof. My friend went to Mcdonald the other day and saw them makinh out," Hana said excitedly.

"Really?!" Hyun Ae exclaimed.

"Shhh...His name is Ji Hoon by the way. His classmate was with my friend that day," Hana explained.

The two girls continued gossiping about Ji Hoon as they went up to their respective class. Hyun Ae went in and saw Taeyeon resting her head on the desk. Most of SNSD were there crowding around her. Hyun Ae ignored them and quickly walked down the aisle of tables. She dumped her bag beside her table and fiddled with her phone. She couldn't help overhearing the conversation and texted it to Hana. The school bell rang and Taeyeon's friends dispersed out of the room.

Ji Hoon was feeling anxious. After comforting Taeyeon on Saturday, he felt hesitant to approach her for maths problems or to chat. Ji Hoon was going crazy thinking about it. Hugging her? Why did he even do that. Ji Hoon thinks he's anxious today because Ji Hoon saw her with her friends this morning. Taeyeon was also unhappy today. Could Exo have told the rest of SNSD about Ji Hoon going out with Taeyeon the other day? Oh no. What if they're telling Taeyeon to stay away from him? As Ji Hoon walked passed Taeyeon's class, he couldn't help glancing into the class. His eyes searched for Taeyeon. Her bag was there but she wasn't. Ji Hoon saw a girl staring at him. He ducked and walked straight to his class. He settled in his chair, doing some maths homework Taeyeon left him to complete. Sooyoung was checking the duty roster while Tiffany was talking to someone on the phone. Sunny looked kinda gloomy today. The first thing you thought was mood swings. But she was holding onto a silver ring. Ji Hoon felt that he had seen it before but where...Sooyoung slapped Ji Hoon's back, causing Ji Hoon to jolt upwards. Sooyoung apologise for scaring him. Tiffany walked over.

"So, how was your date with Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked.

"It wasn't a date. We were just hanging out as friends. How did you even know?" Ji Hoon said.

"It's been going around the school. There were also pictures of you two together. You took advantage of Taeyeon's height," Sooyoung said as she showed you the pictures.

Ji Hoon gasped in horror. His worst fear came.

"No!!!" Ji Hoon shouted as his head crashes onto his desk.

Ji Hoon asked if this was the reason Taeyeon was unhappy. Tiffany told Ji Hoon to ask her himself. Ji Hoon shooked his head. The school bell rang and Ji Hoon's classmates went back to their seats. Ji Hoon's maths teacher came in.

"Class, get ready. You're having a maths quiz today," Mr Kim announced

The class whined. Mr Kim started distributing the papers. He wrote on the board. '45 minutes'. At 8.15 am, the quiz starts. Everyone was writing furiously on their test sheets. Ji Hoon was feeling rather relax. He took his own time to complete the paper. The questions tested were all similar to the ones he did with Taeyeon. Ji Hoon completed the paper in 30 minutes and even had time to check, which was never the case in the past. He looked around the class, trying to see who has completed the paper. To his surprise, no one did. Ji Hoon felt a little scared. What if the answers he wrote were wrong? But Ji Hoon was confident with them. Time's up and Mr Kim went to collect the scripts. He went to Ji Hoon's table.

"Feeling a little confident today Ji Hoon?" Mr Kim asked.

Ji Hoon just looked at him and nodded slightly. Mr Kim smiled. Next was chemistry, followed by biology, then geography. Lunch period finally came. Ji Hoon looked at Sunny. He found her surprisingly quiet today. Ji Hoon shot a curious look at Tiffany. She mouthed 'Yixing'. Ji Hoon wondered why. He slowly turned to Sunny. Ji called her but she only replied after the third call.

"Is everything okay?" Ji Hoon asked.

Sunny gave a reassuring smile. But Ji Hoon knew she was lying because the moment she looked backed at the ring, her smile fell off. Ji Hoon decided to leave her alone. He walked to the canteen alone since Kyungsoo left him. As he went down, he saw students looking at him. They whispered, nodded and some even glared at him. Ji Hoon was feeling uneasy. Then, something come across his mind. He would surely bunped into Taeyeon. This could cause more problems for both of them. Ji Hoon decided to grabbed a fruit bar from the vending machine and go back to class. Another round of whispers and glares occurred as Ji Hoon went up. A boy also shoved Ji Hoon and laughed. He even said that Taeyeon probably hate Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon stood up and patted his pants.

"Well mate, at least she won't be dating a rude idiot like you!" Ji Hoon snapped.

He walked away before the boy could say anything. Seriously, what did Ji Hoon do to deserve this. They only went to eat after studying. Does that seem so wrong? Ji Hoon enetered his almost-deserted cladsroom. He plopped down in his chair. Taking the fruit bar out, Ji Hoon ripped the top off and munch on it. A few minutes later, he heard laughter echoing in the hallway. Kyungsoo enetered the classroom. Tagging along with him was Chanyeol and Jongdae. Ji Hoon didn't wave at them. He was still mad about Saturday's incident. Ji Hoon continued eating while reading his chemistry notes. Chanyeol came and sat at Sooyoung's seat.

"So how's school today?" Chanyeol asked.

"It's the best day I've had so far. People are giving me death glares and I've become such a hot topic. Gossips and rumours spreading like wildfire" Ji Hoon said sarcastically.

Ji Hoon could feel tears stinging his eyes. He immediately covered his face. Kyungsoo and Jongdae were trying to calm you down. They didn't want you to cry.

"Why. Why me? Is this what Taeyeon meant the other day?" Ji Hoon asked.

They kept quiet.

"And do you know how is spreading thw pictures around?" Ji Hoon asked.

The three boys looked away. Chanyeol whistled while Jongdae looked at the watch.

"We don't know Ji Hoon," Kyungsoo said.

"Liar. You guys know, don't you. Tell me who it is!" Ji Hoon demanded.

But at that very moment, Taeyeon walked into the class. Her expression shows anger, rage burns brightly in her eyes. She approachs Ji Hoon and looks at him. Her lips were pursed. Taeyeon raised her hand.

And she brought it forward as hard as she could, whipping it across Ji Hoon's face.

A/N: Oh no. Why did Taeyeon do that???