Chapter 6

9 Angels and 12 Wolves

Everyone stared at Ji Hoon and Taeyeon, shocked by the scene they just saw.

"Why? Why did you have to hug me? Do you know? Because of your stupid action, someone saw it and is circulating the pic online? Everyone is now thinking that I cheated on my own boyfriend! His going to break up with me thanks to you!" Taeyeon snapped.

Taeyeon placed some photos on his table. There was Ji Hoon and Taeyeon together. Ji Hoon just kept quiet. 'Boyfriend' kept on repeating in his mind. Taeyeon stomped off, slamming the door shut as she left. All pair of eyes were staring at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon just took his bag and briskly left the class. Whispers could be heard as he walked out. Ji Hoon was so embarrassed by what had just happened. His face was as red as a tomato. He heard footsteps behind him. Ji Hoon dashed for the stairs and found an empty room on the top floor. The door swung open and Ji Hoon hid inside the room. He locked it quickly and sat on thr floor, leaning against the door. His eyes were glistening against the sunlight entering through the windows.

"Ji Hoon, you're the biggest idiot ever. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot!" his heart screamed.

Ji Hoon stared sobbing. Ji Hoon thought how could he have been so dumb all this while? Shouldn't he at least find out if Taeyeon has a partner? Now, because of him, Taeyeon is furious and Ji Hoon would be the cause of their break up. Ji Hoon felt really guilty about it.

"Oh hello. Didn't know that someone would come here," a guy said.

Ji Hoon panicked and got up. He looked around for any signs of life. He realise there was a guy standing behind the cupboard. Ji Hoon must have not seen him when Ji Hoon entered.

"I'm really sorry. I-I didn't mean to intrude or anything," Ji Hoon said as he opened the door.

"It's okay. Why not you stay. I could help you feel better?" the guy said.

Ji Hoon closed the door and locked it again. The guy's name is Hyun Woo. His uniform was tucked out. His tie was dangling loosely around his neck. His black hair was brought forward and upwards at the end. A crooked smile forms as Ji Hoon looked at him. Hyun Woo is from the graduating class. He patted at the desk beside him, signalling Ji Hoon to sit there. Ji Hoon walked towards it slowly. He saw a thin white stick poking out of mouth. He took a closer look and it was actually a cigarette.

"What? You want one?" Hyun Woo asked.

Ji Hoon shooked his head. Hyun Woo laughed and by saying that Taeyeon would be mad. Ji Hoon kept quiet. Hyun Woo told him to relax. He didn't know what was going on so Hyun Woo told him the whole story.

His sources say that Taeyeon's boyfriend is actually Baekhyun. He was mad that Ji Hoon is getting too comfortable with Taeyeon. Baekhyun followed Ji Hoon backed home and saw the hug. He took the pic and spread it on the Internet.

"So Taeyeon and Baekhyun are secretly dating? Why didn't anyone tell me? If I knew, I would have kept a larger distance between me and Taeyeon," Ji Hoon said.

"It's called a secret for a reason, you know. Anyway, people want to get in on the latest news about it. Some even started those rumours," Hyun Woo said.

"So Taeyeon doesn't know about Baekhyun's action?" Ji Hoon asked.

Hyun Woo shooked his head. Ji Hoon just kept quiet. After hearing Hyun Woo explained the whole thing, Ji Hoon felt like killing himself. He was crushed that Taeyeon actually had a boyfriend. How dumb was Ji Hoon not to think about it. Even if he did, Ji Hoon must told himself that Taeyeon is single. Hyun Woo told him to just focus on studies. The rumours would die down if Ji Hoon and Taeyeon didn't meet up. To cheer Ji Hoon up, Hyun Woo changed the subject. He and Ji Hoon talked to each other for quite a while. Hyun Woo left for a class and placed an unlit cigarette in Ji Hoon's hand. Ji Hoon looked at it. He waited and waited for school to end. He did some Biology revision while he was cooped up in the room.

When it was 2.55 pm, Ji Hoon packed his stuff and made his way down. He creep down, careful not to get caught by anyone. Ji Hoon waited at the school gate. At 3pm sharp, the guard unlocked the gates and Ji Hoon ran to the bus stop. He boarded the bus and it left. When he reached his house, he went to his room and locked it. He plopped down on his bed, trying to sum up the whole story. He still couldn't believe Taeyeon had a boyfriend. No wonder Baekhyun said those things when he saw Ji Hoon with Taeyeon the other day. Since he didn't know about the relationship, Ji Hoon thought it was just some teasing. Taeyeon didn't even give Ji Hoon a chance to explain himself today. He covered his face with a pillow and yelled out in frustration. His friendship with Taeyeon is probably over.

Hyun Ae sat on her bed. Her textbook was opened but her eyes were glued to her handphone. Endless amount of text messages sent by her friends made Hyun Ae so distracted from her school work. Hyun Ae typed furiously on her screen. Her maid knocked on the door, telling her dinner is ready. Hyun Ae jumped off her bed and went to the dining table. Her dad sat beside her and asked how her day was. Hyun Ae just said it was normal. She was thinking about Ji Hoon and how he looked so nervous today at school. Furthermore, there was the incident that happened in his class. Suddenly, Hyun Ae asked about his brother.

"Hyun Shik? I don't know. Since it is taken care by your mother, I couldn't care less about that boy. Don't think about him. Focus on your studies," Hyun Ae's dad said, sounding irritated.

Hyun Ae just kept quiet and continued eating dinner. Once she was done, she raced back into her room and continued reading the text messages. She finally manages to study after her phone battery is dead. She made some notes and went to sleep. The next day, Hyun Ae went to school. Hana told her what she found out last night. As Hyun Ae entered the gates, he saw Ji Hoon talking to Hyun Woo. Hyun Ae felt uncomfortable seeing Ji Hoom talking to one of the school bad boys. She wanted to tell Ji Hoon that but Hana was already pulling her up the stairs. Hyun Ae settled in at her desk and saw Seohyun talking to Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked rather happy. It's as if the whole rumours and slapping happened a long time ago. Their teacher came and told them that they are having a chemistry test today. Hyun Ae rolled her eyes and looked out if yhe window. From here, she could see Ji Hoon's class. She saw Ji Hoon writing furiously in his book. Probably trying to record down every single word that his teacher is saying. During lunch, Hyun Ae sat at her usual table with her friends. Ji Hoon wasn't sitting with Exo and he was nowhere to be seen. Hyun Ae guess that he might be hanging out with Hyun Woo again. Seriously, Hyun Ae thinks that Ji Hoon needs to rethink about the friends he's making. But then, he recently transferred here. So he doesn't know anything. If it was his brother, Hyun Ae would drag him away from them.

Hyun Shik

She remembered how annoyed her dad was when Hyun Ae asked about Hyun Shik. From what Hyun Ae remembers, her mother had an affair with another men. Hyun Ae doesn't know if that is true or just another excuse for Hyun Ae to be mad at her and stay away from her mother. Hana snapped her out of her thoughts and pointed to a table at a corner. There, seating at a corner table, is Ji Hoon and Hyun Woo. They were talking happily together. They didn't care if some of the students were staring at them. Among them were Taeyeon, who probably couldn't believe her own eyes. Some of Exo were looking at Ji Hoon too. When the bell rang, Ji Hoon immediately got up but Hyun Woo grabbed his wrist. Hyun Ae thought Hyun Woo was going to force Ji Hoon to sit back and finish their conversation. Instead, he took out his phone and gave it to Ji Hoon. He said something to Ji Hoon and he tapped the screen. After that, Hyun Woo smiled and left Ji Hoon. Hyun Ae broke away from her friends and followed Hyun Woo. She caught up to him.

"What are you doing?" Hyun Ae asked.

"Going back to class" Hyun Woo answered.

"No, not that. Why are you being friends with Ji Hoon?" Hyun Ae asked again.

"He seems lonely and I don't want him to feel like an outcast," Hyun Woo said.

"Don't lie. I know you're not that kind to people. I've dated you for a year and I know what kind of person you are. Don't try to throw me off with your new giody two shoes image. I'm not buying it for a second!" Hyun Ae snapped.

"Well ex-girlfriend, looks like you lack knowledge about your ex-boyfriend. Stay out of my way or I'll make sure you'll regret it again," Hyun Woo hissed.

Hyun Woo was leaning so close to Hyun ae that she could feel his breath blowing on her face. Hyun Woo left and went to class. Hyun Ae was stunned. She couldn't move her limbs properly after hearing those words. Hyun Ae finally manages to go back to class just before her teacher comes in for class.

The entire week, Ji Hoon never looked or talked to Taeyeon. They were treating each other like strangers. They didn't say anything when they walked past. Baekhyun was clinging on to Taeyeon since the secret was out. On Friday, Hyun Ae's class got back their chemistry test. Taeyeon scored the highest. She was jumping for joy. Taeyeon never got such a high mark before, not that Hyun Ae could remember since they were in the same class since last year. Seohyun was congratulating her when she sat. The teacher asked what is Taeyeon's secret to getting high mark. Taeyeon just it was pure determination that helped her. The moment she said that, her eyes darken. Hyun Ae wondered why. Could they have not been talking? Or maybe their friendship ended? At the same time, Hyun Ae saw Ji Hoon walked passed her class. But his hair colour is different. It's a darker shade of brown. It's quite hard to see unless Ji Hoon was standing under bright light. He heard what Taeyeon said. He made a disgusted face, which Taeyeon saw. She tore her gaze away. And Ji Hoon just walked away.