Chapter 7

9 Angels and 12 Wolves

"Why did you leave me?"

Hyun Ae looked around. She was in a park. There was no signs of life. Everything was motionless. The trees. The fish. The birds. It was as if time stopped. The whole park was dull. All the colours had been washed off. Hyun Ae looked around and saw a small boy, crouching in front of a tree. Hyun Ae took small steps to the boy. She reached out her hand, only to find a surprising sight. It was small. Her fingers were as thin as twigs. She felt her chest. It's not the same. Her face was small and her nose was tiny. Her hands touched her entire body. She looked at the pond. Her eyes widen in fear. She was so small. It's as if her entire self shrunk into a little kid. Hyun Ae looked up and saw the little boy standing across the pond. His eyes were dark. He suddenly looked up. Hyun Ae stumbled back. It was her brother. He had a grin plastered on his face. He pointed to Hyun Ae and laughed hysterically. Hyun Ae covered her ears as the laughter became an ear piercing screech that grinds against Hyun Ae's eardrums. Hyun Ae begged her brother to stop and when he did, Hyun Ae slowly opened her eyes. Hyun Shik wasn't standing in front of her. This time, it wasn't the small little boy. It was Ji Hoon.

But Hyun Ae was still a small little girl. Ji Hoon grabbed Hyun Ae throat and slammed her against a nearby tree. She loosen her grip on Ji Hoon's hand. Hyun Ae saw something shining against the sunlight. A blade. Hyun Ae felt tears stinging her eyes. She struggled and begged Ji Hoon to let her go. Ji Hoon didn't respond. He the blade and pressed it on Hyun Ae's throat. Blood started trickling down and stained Hyun Ae's clothes. Ji Hoon went closer to Hyun Ae.

"Good night, sister," Ji Hoon whispered and the blade was descending down quickly.

"NOOO!!!" Hyun Ae shrieked.

All her classmates looked at her, some even giggled. Hyun Ae looked up and saw her maths teacher glaring at her.

"Sorry," Hyun Ae muttered.

"Don't do that again Hyun Ae. It's not like you to fall asleep during classes," her teacher commented.

Hyun Ae nodded and looked at her worksheet. Her cheeks were getting red and she was sweating. Her uniform was clinging onto her skin and she was feeling sticky all over. School was about to end for the week and Hyun Ae is excited to go back home and get some shut eye. The bell rang and students flooded the hallways. Hyun Ae went out and saw Hyun Woo with Ji Hoon. They were both chatting and walking out of school. Then, Hyun Woo suddenly placed his hand around Ji Hoon's waist. He pulled Ji Hoon closer to him but Ji Hoon pulled away slightly. Suddenly, her friend Hana waved in front of her face. She followed Hyun Ae's gaze and saw the two boys.

"There is seriously something wrong with your ex," Hyun Ae said.

Hyun Ae nodded. She haven't gotten any ideas as to what Hyun Woo is planning but she is determined to stop him. Even though Ji Hoon is a complete stranger, Hyun Ae didn't want to see anyone else suffer while being with Hyun Woo. She went through a lot while dating him. But for now, sleep is Hyun Ae's top priority. She and Hana walked home together. As Hyun Ae opened the door, she saw a white envelope on the floor. It was still sealed up. Hyun Ae called out for her maid but she didn't get any response. Must be out. Her dad isn't back till 9pm. Hyun Ae brought the envelope into her room and threw it on her table. Without changing, Hyun Ae went straight to bed. The same dream happened again. Hyun Ae screamed as her eyes shot open. She was drenched in sweat. The door swung opened and her dad burst into the room, wondering why her daughter is screaming.

"It's okay Dad, just a nightmare," Hyun Ae said.

Her dad looked at her but Hyun Ae gave a reassuring smile. Her dad closed the door. Hyun Ae looked at her wall clock. Her dad is home early as it was only 7pm. Hyun Ae got into the shower and took a long bath. She wore a simple t-shirt and sweatpants and went to have dinner. When she returned to her room, the white enveloped was still there untouched. Hyun Ae grabbed it and sat on her bed. She looked at the address. It was unfamiliar. Hyun Ae ripped the enveloped opened. A single piece was folded in three. The handwriting was very beautiful and much neater than Hyun Ae's. She read the letter. The final paragraph was the most terrifying one. And as she read, Hyun Ae felt a chill ran down her spine.

I don't know if you're aware of this but your daughter is going to the same school as my son. And I'll make sure he doesn't treat her well, like how you did it to me. ~ Your Ex wife

"Are you sure this looks good on me? I feel like my arms are ," Ji Hoon said as he looked in the mirror.

"Sure it is. You look really great in it. It matches the black skinny jeans you already have," Hyun Woo said.

"I guess. But I don't think my eomma would like it," Ji Hoon shook his head.

"Trust me, she will. With the sleeves shirt and skinny jeans, you look more like an adult,"Ji Hoon said and went closer, whispering,"you look so y to night. Why not come home with me."

Ji Hoon shot a surprised look at Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo just kept quiet and looked away. Was he blushing? Ji Hoon looked back at the mirror said it made him feel uncomfortable having Hyun Woo buy the clothes. Hyun Woo simply waved it off and said that he had way too much money. He insisted that Ji Hoon buy it and eventually Ji Hoon nodded. Hyun Woo jumped for joy and send Ji Hoon back into the fitting room, smacking his at the same time. A yelped escape from Ji Hoon's mouth before he could stop it. Hyun Woo grinned while Ji Hoon frowned. Saturday night was different this time round. Ji Hoon was dragged out of his room by Hyun Woo at 5pm. His mother even encouraged Hyun Woo to bust down the door of Ji Hoon didn't want to! She claims that Ji Hoon needs to have some friends. Waving back to his mother, Ji Hoon stepped into the elevator with an enthusiastic Hyun Woo. How Ji hoon wished that he could go back reading textbooks with his fluffy pillow.

"Come on Ji Hoon. Let's go have dinner. I'm starving," Hyun Woo announced.

"I'm not hungry hyung," Ji Hoon said.

The moment he said that, his stomach grumbled. Hyun Woo smirk and hunched down to Ji Hoon's stomach. He patted it and looked up.

"I don't think that's what your stomach is saying," he laughed.

Ji Hoon couldn't help blushing and looked away. Hyun Woo pulled Ji Hoon to Mcdonald's. Memories of Taeyeon and Ji Hoon instantly played itself in Ji Hoon's mind. Who would have thought a simple meal could end a friendship. Ji Hoon told Hyun Woo that he will have whatever Hyun Woo is ordering. Hyun Woo nodded while he went to queue. Ji Hoon found seats by the side. He fiddled with his phone while waiting for Hyun Woo to returned. Just then, he heard a familiar laughter at the door. Ji Hoon told himself not to look up. But he couldn't resist. He took a quick glance and saw Taeyeon with clinging Baekhyun. They were standing and looking at the menu that was displayed. Ji Hoon dropped his gaze and looked at his phone. His heart ached to see the person he has feelings for gone with another person. Hyun Woo returned with two trays of double McSpicy burger. He gobbled down his burger quickly. Ji Hoon carefully ate it since he hadn't ate it before. As he ate, he stole quick glances at Taeyeon. When they were done, Ji Hoon and Hyun Woo left. They walked passed Taeyeon's table but there wasn't any eye contact between them. They're complete strangers in each others eye.

Ji Hoon and Hyun Woo continued walking around, looking at the different shops and food stalls dispersed at different streets. Ji Hoon wondered for another hour before he decided to go home. Hyun Woo was still shopping so he didn't accompany Ji Hoon back. Ji Hoon said it was okay. As he entered his apartment building, he saw a familiar figure standing near the elevator. Taeyeon was tapping on her phone as she waited for the elevator to arrive. One of the elevators had to undergo some maintenance so Ji Hoon had to take the same lift as Taeyeon. He was going to climb a flight of stairs with all the the things he, or Hyun Woo, bought. He stood a few distance away from Taeyeon, texting Hyun Woo to thank him for bringing him out. As the elevator doors opened, Taeyeon and Ji Hoon walked towards it. They squeezed through the door since they weren't looking up. Luckily, Taeyeon and Ji Hoon were not that fat so they manage to pass through easily. Silence envelopes them as the elevator went up. Ji Hoon heard some giggles from Taeyeon who eyes was glued to the screen. Once it reached his level, Ji Hoon left. He opened his door and his mom greeted him. She looked at the clothes Ji Hoon bought and asked if Ji Hoon was demanding. Ji Hoon explained to her that Hyun Woo was the one that bought all this. If it was Ji Hoon, he wouldn't want to go out tonight.

On Monday morning, as Ji Hoon was busy reading his geography notes, someone nudge his shoulder slightly. Ji Hoon looked up and saw Kyungsoo. He was holding the chemistry homework that their teacher gave last week. Kyungsoo asked Ji Hoon for help him with some of the questions as they were hard. Ji Hoon scooted a little to his left so that Kyungsoo could sit on his chair. Ji Hoon explained the questions to Kyungsoo slowly and made sure Kyungsoo could understand them. About half an hour later, Kyungsoo's queries were answered. Kyungsoo thanked Ji Hoon for helping him. He didn't know what he would do if Ji Hoon didn't helped him. Ji Hoon just smiled.

"You really are good in chemistry. Taeyeon was right on target when she said that," Kyungsoo said.

The smile on Ji Hoon's face slide off and Ji Hoon took his geography notes out again. He didn't reply to Kyungsoo's statement. Kyungsoo, finally realising what he just said, apologise quickly. Ji Hoon just nodded and told him returned to his seat since class was about to start. Sooyoung, Tiffany and Sunny came in. They were quiet, not like the usual talkative and bubbly self. Sunny's eyes was red and puffy. Ji Hoon didn't bother to ask since he didn't want to be bothered by it. Tiffany was gripping Sunny's hand. As they walked passed, Ji Hoon heard Tiffany saying Taeyeon would be okay.

"Okay? What's wrong with Taeyeon?" he thought.

Ji Hoon didn't realise he was saying out what he thought. Sooyoung went to his table and told Ji Hoon how Taeyeon got involved in a car accident earlier in the morning. Ji Hoon's felt his entire world shook as he finally catches every word Sooyoung said.

"I know you and Taeyeon aren't exactly on good terms but if you want, you could go visit her. She would like it. I'll text you the hospital and ward etc later," Sooyoung said.

Ji Hoon had a ton of questions to ask Sooyoung but class was starting. Ji Hoon wasn't able to concentrate at all. What did Taeyeon do to herself? Is she going to be okay? Ji Hoon was having a dilemma on whether to go visit Taeyeon or not. He didn't dare ask Hyun Woo for opinion since he already know what he is going to say. In the end, Ji Hoon decided to go visit Taeyeon. He'll skip school just to avoid meeting her with Exo or the rest of her friends. Hopefully, it won't be a disaster if he go.

A/N: So I think won't be having a proper title for each chapter anymore cause I can't think of any good ones. Sorry:/ I may change the other chapter titles as well...