Chapter 1

9 Angels and 12 Wolves
"Ji Hoon! Wake up! You're late!"

His mother's voices bounces of the walls of the room and enters Ji Hoon's ears. The blinds in my room were immediately pulled up. Light flooded the entire room, turning the dark room bright. Ji Hoon kicked his bedsheets off as he rubbed his eyes. Yawning, Ji Hoon forced himself out of bed. He slouched as he walked to the toilet. Ji Hoon was really tired. He was up all night thinking about his new school. What's it like? Will he make new friends? Are the teaches nice? Those were the main questions burning in his head. This resulted in him sleeping late.

He was brushing his teeth when he realise something was wrong. He tasted the toothpaste, only to find out that it was his face wash. Ji Hoon spits it out and use a real toothpaste this time. He turned the shower on and the freezing water cause him to wake up. After taking his shower, Ji Hoon wiped himself dry and ran to his room. He looked at his wall clock. School would start in 15 minutes and the journey to school was 15 minutes. He wore his uniform quickly, grabbed his school bag and made his way to the bus stop.

When Ji Hoon alighted at his bus stop, he saw the student councillors (SC) standing at the gate. Arms crossed, expressionless face and notepad in hand. One of them was a girl while the other was a boy. Clearly, Ji Hoon is late. But for how long? The female SC called you over. Ji Hoon saw her name tag.

'Sooyoung'. Ji Hoon repeatedly said her name in his mind. She saw Ji Hoon staring and followed his gaze. She mistakenly thought Ji Hoon was staring at her chest.

"ert!" she yelled and slapped Ji Hoon's arm.

Ji Hoon stood there, shocked by her action and at lost for words. She covered her chest with her arms and told Ji Hoon to leave. Ji Hoon told her that you were new and didn't know where to go. Soo young called the male SC and told him to bring Ji Hoon to the general office. The male SC sighed and escorted you there. The lady there gave Ji Hoon instructions to go to class 2G. Ji Hoon hurried up the stairs. He stood in front of the door. The class was quiet. Ji Hoon's palms are wet. He was anxious. He had butterflies in his stomach and he felt like vomiting. He gulped as he brings his hand to the doorknob. Just as Ji Hoon was about to turn the doorknob when the door opened.

A female teacher stood there. Her arms folded across her chest. Her hair was tied in a bun and she was wearing a dark blue dress. Her skirt was knee length and her nails glossy and long.

"You're so early young man," the teacher said sarcastically.

Ji Hoon heard the female students giggling behind her.

"Just look at you. You tie isn't pulled all the way up, your shirt isn't tucked in and your shoelaces is untied. Your dressing is so sloppy. How on earth do you even dress?" the teacher asked.

Ji Hoon just kept quiet.

"You have five minutes. The gents is the blue door at the end of the hallway. Go tidy yourself up and come back," the teacher ordered.

Ji Hoon nodded and dash down the hallway. Ji Hoon entered the gents and quickly make himself look presentable. He existed out and went into the classroom. The teacher introduces herself as Mrs Park. She was explaining to the whole class about how trading and improper dressing is strictly not allows in this school. Mrs Park told Ji Hoon to sit by the window. To your right is someone you met earlier. Sooyoung.

Ji Hoon tried to smile but she just rolled her eyes. The smile slides off Ji Hoon's face. Jo Hoon dragged the chair and placed his bag on the desk. Just as he was about to sit, the person behind Ji Hoon pulled his chair. Ji Hoon landed on the floor with a thud. Those around Ji Hoon started laughing. Ji Hoon felt his cheeks getting hotter.

"Nice job Sunny," Sooyoung congratulated.

So Sunny was sitting behind him. Mrs Park warned Sunny not to repeat it again or it will be detention for her. Sunny nodded but she doesn't have the slightest intention of apologising. Ji Hoon got up, patted his pants and quickly sat on his chair. The school bell rang, signalling the start of lessons.

"I'm sure it will get better," Ji Hoon said.

However, Ji Hoon was proven wrong. Tiffany, the girl behind Sooyoung kept throwing paper balls at Ji Hoon, causing him to loose focus in class. During lunch, Sunny "accidentally" spilles coffee on Ji Hoon's white shoes, turning it brown. Yoona and Yuri kept on teasing on how Ji Hoon kept on staring at Sooyoung's chest, even though he told them it isn't true. Ji Hoon felt like dieing. His heart was screaming at him to go home. But Ji Hoom couldn't. He had to study and get good grades. Just as the last school bell rang, Ji Hoon sigh heavily and packed his belongings.

"What a great first day of school, " Ji Hoon thought.

He was walking down the stairs when he saw his classmates. There were nine of them talking loudly at the lockers. Four of them were new to Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon told himself that freedom is beyond those girls and the school gates. Ji Hoon walked casually passed them. A short girl looked at Ji Hoon and smiled. Ji Hoon smile weakly and immediately left, afraid that Sooyoung would see him.

Ji Hoon reached home at dusk and slumped on the couch. His mother was asking how's school. Ji Hoon started ranting about his classmates. His mother tried to calm him down by telling him to avoid any eye contact with them. Ji Hoon just nodded and took a shower. After that, he ate dinner and his bed was calling him to rest on it.

Ji Hoon was about to fall asleep when his mother walked in, asking him to do a favour.

"Ji Hoon, could you please pass this egg beater back to the neighbours upstairs? I forgot to give it to them back," his mother requested.

Ji Hoon nodded and made you way up a level. Ji Hoon knocked on the door. To his surprise, it was the same girl that smiled at Ji Hoon in school.

"H-Hi. Ummm my mother umm borrowed this earlier. I'm here to return it," Ji Hoon stuttered.

"Thank you," the girl said.

There was a long pause when Ji Hoon gave the egg beater.

"May I know your name?" Ji Hoon asked.

"Kim Taeyeon," she said.

"Ohh," you cooed.

"What about you?" Taeyeon asked back

"I'm Lee Ji Hoon. I live on the sixth level," you said.

"Taeyeon, who's at the door?" someone said.

"Eomma, it's our neighbour. He just wants to return something," Taeyeon said

"So I'll see you around in school?" Taeyeon said.

"Yeah. Good night Taeyeon," you said.

"Good night to you too Ji Hoon," Taeyeon smiled.

As Taeyeon closed the door, Ji Hoon felt something different. Something about Taeyeon makes him feel calm and happy. Was it her sweet smile? The way her hair smells like flowers? Or something else.

And he is determined to find out what exactly that it is.