Chapter 9 A Flick of Change

The Secret of The Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can’t you do something about him?”

Yujin could see Jinah sighed. But she wasn’t giving up.

“He keeps making me doing errands for him for this whole week!!! Lending him books, take his reports to the lecturers’ office, even parking his god damn expensive car just because it was too far away from the main lobby when it is only been 100m distance.”

“Then why don’t you decline, Yujin?”

“Because… He threatened to hurt Key if I don’t follow his demands.”

Yujin could feel Jinah’s flicker eyes. And she was sure that Jinah didn’t like her excuse.

“Why do you seem so interested with this kid, huh?”

“Because I don’t want him to suffer. He is a nice kid. He doesn’t deserve being treated like that.”

“Many people get mistreatment everywhere. Why is this kid so special, though?”

Yujin shrugged.

“He seems so nice. Like he has this pure soul and I don’t want his soul to be ruined. You know he told me that he actually admires that bastard. Can you imagine? Kim Woobin? After all his treatment to him, he still managed to say that Kim Woobin is not a bad guy.”

“He is probably being a delusional fan.”

“Or he was brainwashed.” Yujin gasped made Jinah rolled her eyes.

“I think you’re being brainwashed by all those sci-fi movies.”

“Better than you who cried while watching soap opera on TV.”

“Anyways, you better make a distance with that friend of yours.”

Yujin narrowed her eyes as she made accusing look to Jinah.

“Woobin told me to keep an eye on you. He seems to be very irritated by him.”

“But he didn’t do anything to that bastard!!!”

She was being muffled by Jinah’s hand.

“You really don’t have any Princess traits, you know that? You should instead get some advanced manner lesson than studying economics in this place.” Jinah shook her head unbelievingly. Luckily the class was empty and nobody seemed to notice them talking alone. Jinah’s fans probably still scattered in the cafeteria.

“Yeah, well… Luckily you nailed the lesson instead of me. And I’m eternally grateful.”

“Not that I’m comfortable with this either…”

“Right. You don’t comfortable with this whole disguise so that it took you almost an hour to prepare yourself everyday to college. Yeah…”

“I have to look presentable, Yujin.” Jinah tried to make her reason.

“Besides… I couldn’t help it if all of those dresses looked so good and pretty and…  I wish those were all mine.” Jinah sighed and made an ogling look in her eyes when she stared at the sky.

“I told you many times, though. You can have all the dresses and shoes and all the accessories you want, Jinah. I won’t be needing it anyway. I’m more of a casual type.”

“And I will always refuse to that.”

Yujin sighed. The conversation suddenly shifted to another problem. Yujin knew Jinah like an open book. She practically lived with her from the day she was born. Jinah is quite different. She was trained to be a bodyguard and she was raised like a servant, just with a rather special treatment. Even though she was trained to protect her, she wasn’t like any other bodyguard. Other female bodyguards Yujin knew wouldn’t be bothering about what to wear, what perfume she should spread, what shoes will fit for certain occasion, and so on. Jinah was that kind of girl. She liked dresses, girly clothes, high heels shoes, liked to try different apply of makeup, and liked the way she would look beautiful in all of those outfit. She was the opposite of Yujin, who only wanted a simple plain t-shirt and jeans to go out, who liked playing basketball instead of prettying herself, who loved trying adventurous things instead of being in the room to practice sewing. She’s tomboyish, and she felt okay with it. And Jinah also the idealist type. She never took anything that didn’t belong to her, even the smallest thing. That was one of the thing

Yujin realized she was a bit dazed off, so she shook her head and got back to what she was discussing.

“So, have you got any flaws about him?”

“Nope.”

“What do you mean nope? No criminal records, no bullying case, no… no anger management issue thing that needs him to be locked in some kind of mental institute?”

“No, Yujin. No. He’s clean.”

Yujin scoffed hard as if that would make her anger a bit cooled.

“How come that bas-… I mean that man has clean records? Are you sure about this?”

Jinah nodded and started reading something in her phone.

“Clean. No reports about him in the police records. Won a few medals from province taekwondo championship, attending many charity events that were being held by his dad’s company. People said that he is ‘the bachelor of the year’. No wonder most women in this college trying to get some of his attention.”

Yujin were dissatisfied about the findings. She hoped there would be at least one or two points that she could stressed to her father so that he could rethink about the whole marriage arrangement.

“Excuse me…”

The two girls looked at the source of voice that emerged from the door of their class.

“Kim Yujin, right? You are requested to go to the sports building now.”

“By whom?”

“Kim Woobin.”

Yujin groaned and immediately looked at Jinah with pleaded eyes.

“No, I won’t accompany you. I have to attend a meeting with the student board.”

“What? What board?”

“Student board, Yujin. You know? Like a student organization in this faculty.”

“Oh, wow. I didn’t know you are that active of a student.”

“I had to. Secretary Gong’s order.” She said in whisper. Yujin stood up along with Jinah and they walked side by side.

“You know, I seriously think your Father have certain judgments regarding your arrangement with the Kim. I think you should at least think about that.”

“I know. But you see, until this time I have no positive impression regarding that guy. I can’t understand.”

“You trust me, don’t you?”

Yujin nodded, brows furrowed because Jinah’s sudden question.

“Will you also trust me if I say that Woobin probably not as bad as you think?”

“What makes you think like that?”

“A hunch, I guess. I can’t seem to sense bad aura in him. You know I usually have this kind of feeling when I was faced in danger.”

“Maybe your hunch is wrong this time. Because all I see in him is just bad.”

They arrived at the intersection and Yujin had to release a sigh once more.

“Go, you’ll be fine.”

“How do you know I’ll gonna be fine?”

“I’ll know. I have eyes and ears everywhere, Yujin.” Jinah smiled. “Just try not to make a ruckus like that time at the canteen.”

“I’ll try to be more discreet this time, Princess.”

Jinah flicked her forehead and proceeded to the main building while Yujin went to the opposite side. The sport building was separated from other two buildings and she had to walk about 10 minutes to reach there. When she arrived at the entrance, she heard shouting and sounds of beating from inside. She opened the big door slowly and peeked inside.

Usually the building was used for futsal practice or basketball. But this time, mats are being placed on the floor and people with taekwondo outfit were sprawling everywhere. She stepped forward from the door and a bit jolted when suddenly a roaring voice appeared.

“Jonghyun!!! Harder!”

She focused her eyes to a crowd where it looked like there was a sparring going on. She stepped closer and saw a tall guy, back were facing her, both hands were placed on his hips. He looked like he was trying to give some tips to the two guys who were doing a sparring.

“No, Yonghwa. If your opponent attacks you with a kick at the torso, block it with your forearm.”

“Ne, Sunbae.” The said guy replied immediately.

“And look at your opponent’s weakness closely, Jonghyun.”

Then he allowed the two guys went into a match again.

She found herself to be surprised because she never imagined that Woobin could be serious, and … well, cool. No, she shook her head to throw that thought away.

“What is your opponent’s weakness?” He asked to Jonghyun when the two of them finished.

“I… don’t know. But he kind of using overhead attacks quite often.”

“Okay, so how to block his overhead attacks?”

“Doing rising block?” Jonghyun demonstrated it by raising both hands up above his head. Woobin nodded and smirk happily. And Yujin swore she didn’t find it to be charming at all.

“If he does that, what parts are vulnerable?”

“His center part, maybe?”

“Right. So you know which part you should attack next. Is that clear?”

“Ne!!” Jonghyun shouted.

“Okay. Let’s take a break. 10 minutes, and then continue. Dismissed!!” Woobin said to the rest of the people there before he was turning around.

Yujin immediately scrambled backwards when he suddenly turned around walking towards her. She locked eyes with Woobin and she could see his signature smirk graced his lips. And suddenly she felt annoyed again.

“You are fast.” He said.

“The faster I finish, the faster your face will be out of my sight.”

Woobin put a hand on his chest and mocking her by faking an ache.

“Aww… You break my heart, right there.”

“Just… tell me what else that I should do now.”

Woobin gestured a finger and walked away from Yujin. She followed him to the corner and looked at him pulled out a fabric. He tossed it to Yujin and she realized that it was a taekwondo uniform.

“Change.”

“What? You want me to play with you?”

“The changing room is right there. I’ll give you 5 minutes.”

She huffed so hard she bet that wouldn’t go unnoticed by other people. She walked away to the changing room and deliberately threw the outfit to a bench inside.

“The hell is wrong with him?! Arrghhh, I so want to choke his neck.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter