Chapter 5 Her Decision

The Secret of The Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin knocked a glass off from the dinner table until it fell on the floor, broke into shred and transparent water spilled all over the floor. Jinah instantly stood by her side, preventing her from doing something that can harmed herself.

“Why, father?!?!” Asked Yujin in a high pitched voice. Yujin looked at the middle aged man in front of her across the table, beard and mustache all over his face could be noticed, so did the sign of exhaustion and burden.

“It's been decided, Yujin. I require you to obey this order.”

“Order? Order?!?! By whom? By you? By this guy's father?!”

She threw a photo of a young man to the table. A picture of a man who instantly reminded Yujin of a vampire, with his pale white skin and small sharp eyes. A picture of Kim Woo Bin. Never she knew that she would probably going to end up with him. He disgusted her. Not that he's not handsome, but more of his personalities. She would rather being shoved into a shark in the middle of the sea rather than stood together with him on an altar.

Jinah restrained Yujin from getting closer to her father. She held Yujin tight so that the Princess could go nowhere.

“Please, Yujin. I need you to calm down.” Said Jinah calmly near her ear.

“Ha!! Calm down...”

Yujin tried her best to repressed her anger. She paced back and forth the room. Her father only looked at her, sat calmly on his chair. She eventually sat down on a chair and took a big deep breath. She looked at Woobin's picture again, frowned immediately flowed back to her face. And then she looked at a pile of documents beside the picture.

“Do you know about him, Father? At all? What kind of person he is? What his family is? How can they be trusted? You can’t… We can’t trust someone so easily, you of all people should know that.” She asked, in a calmer voice.

“If you're talking about his behavior at campus, yes I already know that. And his family... I have been in very good terms with his father. We talked about a lot of things. As to whether they can be trusted or not, I myself know better than you are.”

To say she wasn’t surprised of her father’s confidence was a lie. She barely saw her father being so assertive on something. Even when he had a rather easy decision to make, he would do double recheck on that.

“Even you, father... You've been betrayed, remember? How come you can be so sure of this family? Of him, particularly? Not that... How can you even think of marrying me off at times like this?”

Her father smiled. His eyes radiates light and made Yujin chocked by her own saliva. That eyes… she hadn’t seen that kind of gaze for a long time... It was like… Hope.

“I'm not 100% sure, Yujin... But for this, I'll be willing to give a try.”

“And still... You think it is the best choice for me to marry him?”

“Yes.” Said her father without a doubt.

She tried to look at a little hint of hesitation in her father’s eyes, but she couldn’t detect that at the moment. Yujin shook her head again.

“I still don't understand. Why, Father...”

“No more hiding... That's what you want, right?”

Yujin looked at her father's eyes again. She sighed, fingers rested on her temple. She glanced at her bodyguard, Jinah who just stood silent the whole time. She darted her eyes again to her father. Her heart still felt something was off. Her father was hiding something.

“This is too sudden.... And It makes me think that perhaps... This is not about an arranged marriage. Perhaps... You and his father have some kind of agenda. Perhaps... But that's all just my mind plays tricks on me. Is it, father?”

Her father just smiled without saying anything. He looked at Jinah and she immediately bowed to him.

“Let's go, Yujin...” She said and Yujin clearly didn't want to stay there any longer. She knew she wouldn’t get her answer.

They walked back to her room where Yujin dropped her body roughly on the bed.

“It's karma.” She said, she hid her face in her palms. She closed her eyes and rolled her body on her bed. She growled and suddenly she stood up and screamed.

“Aarrgghhh!!!”

“Aish... Kamcagiya!” Jinah threw a pillow to Yujin’s head before she rested her on Yujin’s study desk.

“Don’t scream like a crazy , Princess. If you don't like it, just reject it. The King is a very understandable person. He must've agreed to you if you make a reasonable argument.”

Yujin rolled her eyes and looked at her bodyguard-slash-bestfriend-slash-her imposter.

“You lived here for a long time but still couldn't see my Father's personalities. Didn't you remember how my family got here? He is one hell of a stubborn old...”

Jinah quickly put her hand on Yujin's mouth.

“Watch what you're saying. Be like a real Princess once in a while, will you?” Jinah hissed. She chuckled before continued,

“Still... Of all people, it has to be him.”

“I told you before, it's karma!!!” Yujin said, now pounding her head to pillow.

“Karma.karma.karma. God must've love him so much that God punished me for knocking his head with a can of coffee.”

Jinah chuckled.

“Well, at least he got swag. And impossibly tall. And handsome too. And his body…”

Yujin threw her pillows to Jinah and started chasing her like a psycho. Jinah quickly ran outside Yujin’s room to the stairs.

“Yaa... You don't wanna hurt me. What will the world say if tomorrow I arrive at campus and they find some bruises in a visible spot?”

“Then I'll just create it on the invisible one. Come here!!”

Jinah ran to downstairs while laughing happily. Yujin chased her to the living room and she caught her just when a maid passed by bringing a tray of foods.

“Watch out, Soyeon!!!”

The maid surprised but managed to hold the tray just fine.

“Princess... Don't runaway like that in the house. It's dangerous!!”

“Oh Please... I'm not a kid anymore, Soyeon.”

“Yeah... That's what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter