Chapter 8 No Pure Souls Exist In the World

The Secret of The Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The frown was more visible in his face. He stared hard at the girl who ran farther from him, whose black hair loosen up gracefully, leaving him on his lunch table in the cafeteria. That girl really tried hard to ruin his patience. Her nonchalant acts toward him, her blank expression when she looked him in the face, and her words that didn’t seem to have some acknowledge for him was really making Woobin angry. His threat about making her as his new target seemed to be just fairytales for her.

“She’s cool.” Said Eunji to Jinah. Jinah shook her head while laughing politely.

“She’s a bit carefree.” Jinah smirked while glancing at Yujin’s direction.

“And couldn’t stand of injustice, I reckon…” Eunji continued. “She was questioning me about your choice for bullying Kibum.”

Woobin snorted. The girl surely looked like the type of heroine-wannabe. And that was exactly why he didn’t like her. At all. But he admitted that he couldn’t help but feeling curious about her. There was something he would like to know. But he didn’t know what.

“Well, we don’t need any Steve Rogers in this campus.” Woobin declared, glancing to Jinah.

“Isn’t she like Peter Parker? With that slightly rebellious attitude and a bit quirky?”

“No, Kris… She is like the badass Xena. She doesn’t care about who you really are, Woobin. You better be careful.”

“Why are we talking about her anyway?” Woobin seemed a bit agitated. He didn’t even know why his friends thought Yujin was more interesting than Jinah, the Princess aka his fiancé.

He extended his hand to Jinah and looked again at his friends.

“How rare is the opportunity to be in the same table as the Princess? Don’t you have anything to say?”

Eunji and Kris looked at each other.

“Is that true that your brother is in the town?”

Woobin could feel a flick of change from her face and immediately sent a death glare to Eunji.

“I’m sorry… It’s just that… I’m curious…”

“It’s okay, Eunji. Yes, he is in town for now.”

“It’s because I’ve never heard of him since… hmm… the incident.  Is it true that he was staying abroad?”

Jinah smiled and nodded a little. Woobin inspected her pursed lips and thought that maybe she was hiding something.

“So, is he going to make a public appearance, like you?”

“No… no no, well… not in the short moment. We’re… waiting for the right time.”

“Okay, enough about his brother. Kris, what do you have in mind?”

Kris only looked at his food, munching it disinterested.

“Congrats, bro… I mean, Your Highness.”

Woobin smirked and wove his two fingers in the air.

“Well, thank you. You seem to accept this extremely well. It’s rare though you haven’t approach the Princess before.”

“It’s Jinah, Woobin… you can call me that. And what was that about?”

“Oh, in case you didn’t notice… This guy here is an ultimate playboy in this campus. Almost every woman here has fallen to his seduction. Except Eunji and… that little pest.”

“And me?” Asked Jinah to Kris.

“No, I wouldn’t dare. You already belong to my best bro.”

Woobin felt weird about his friend’s sudden defensive act. Kris was never the one who gave up even though the girl he was after was being in a relationship.

“No, she’s not. We haven’t engaged yet.” Challenged Woobin. Kris stared at Woobin, knew well of the challenging eyes that Woobin sent to him.

“Careful, bachelor. Don’t want you to regret saying that.”

“Really…? You think you can?” Woobin leaned forward to the table towards Kris. Kris smirked and ready to launch his attack when suddenly both of their heads being by a thick book.

“Geez, you guys. You are being disrespectful to the Princess. Seriously? Betting on her like she is some kind of a prize or something?”

Eunji then held her hand to her chest and gesturing an apology.

“I am really sorry for my friends’ immature acts. I assure you there will be no such thing again in the future.”

Jinah smiled at her cute gesture and wove her hand left and right.

“No, no… Actually, I’m quite amused at your friendship. I’ve never had any friends like that besides Yujin.”

“Oh, so you and Yujin are close?”

“We’re inseparable. I am always with her since we’re infant.”

“Really? And you guys always like this since you were kids?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter