Chapter 6 New Target

The Secret of The Heirs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And this is the way Princess Yujin settled her problems.”

Yujin didn’t look up and just continued reading her books. But she knew Jinah looked at her with annoying look in her eyes. She felt warm breeze of spring wind playing with her hair. She was sitting on their usual bench in the campus park.

“What?” Yujin pretended she didn’t understand. And she could feel again Jinah rolling her eyes.

"You know exactly, PRINCESS."

That earned a glare from Yujin.

"Relax... No one's here." Jinah said. She leaned back her body to the bench. Her blonde hair was loosened down prettily and she wore casual blue long sleeves shirt and black long pants. Yujin was even more casual, with matching blue shirt top, blue washed jeans and sneakers.

Yujin closed her book and put it in her bag.

“It's all for precautions, Jinah… You heard mother, right? I have to be careful.”

“But why? You and him will eventually get married. Your father and his already agreed to it. Why should you still hiding your identity?”

"My father may trust that family but I'm still not buying it. Especially with him, that guy.."

Yujin pointed to the window where they could see Woobin sat on a chair with his head laid down on the table.
"I thought this kind of bullying thing only happens in high school. So immature." Yujin cursed under her breath.
"So then settle that matter yourself. That's what you said yesterday, right? Don't involve me in your fight."

"I need you to stay like this for a while. I need to see what kind of person he and his family are. We can’t afford him being wishy washy and instead let all people know who we really are, right?"

"Oh, come on!! Think of this..." Jinah shifted closer to Yujin and grabbed around her shoulder.

"If we stay with your scenario, let's say we find out he has a very decent qualification. But things turns ugly and turns out he likes me because -you know, obviously I'm such a charmer- and then if he found out, he will get angry and don't want to be married with you and keep insisting I'm the one for him. And then he will eventually trying to runaway with me. What am I supposed to do then?!"

Yujin laughed, looking at Jinah in a ridiculous way.

"Seriously?" Yujin mocked the nonsensical way of Jinah's thinking.

"I think you should stop watching korean dramas. They infected you with so many nonsense things. They’ll screw your brain.”

"Why? They're so good I can't stop watching those.”

"Ya!! This is reality, Jinah... Snap it. Maybe if he found out you're not the real Princess, he'll end up trying to kill us both for messing up with him. You should think about that. You know how cruel he is."

Jinah went in a daze.

"Right... Didn't thought about that..."

Yujin stood up and brought her bag.

"I'm going to the library. See you in an hour."

"Wha-? Wait... I'm coming."

"Don't."Yujin said. She looked far away behind Jinah's back.

"You better stay. Besides, you can't."

"Princess Jinah!!!" someone called Jinah from afar. Jinah surprised to see few college students ran to her.

"See you after lunch, Princess." Yujin mocked and moved her body back while those people who called Jinah approached and started asking Jinah questions. Jinah being held by them and Yujin just flew away from the scene.

She went to library and sat down at the far end corner. She put on her headphone and started reading books. It's fascinating how this college only emphasized on the high social ranks. So basically this faculty only gave the students materials on how to survive on the outside world when they would eventually inherit their parents' business. All the hypocrite thing, Yujin scoffed. She eventually should learn this though, when she probably ended up as the bride for the bully.

She looked at the economic books in front of her and started reading it. But after 10 minutes, she decided that she's not that good at it. She never into something that had to do with economics or politics, she would rather use her brain to find a way to help poor people get a decent life. But who is she anyway? She couldn't even help her family to get a normal life. So that was why she agreed about her father's request. She wanted to know, how capable is she in helping her family. Would she be able to help them like her father wanted her? Or is she going to end up being fooled by the bully's family?
Drop. She heard someone sat in front of her. She looked up and saw Key, smiling at her.

"Hei." He said cheerily.

"Hei." She said lazily. She closed her book and pull out the headphone.

Key pushed a can of coffee to her.

"For you."

"Thanks." She said, smiling. She was about to take it when suddenly a ruffled sound caught her attention. She glanced from the corner of her eyes and there was a tall man hiding behind the book shelves. From the big built, she could probably predict who he was. She sighed, and looked at Key. She didn't want him to get in the middle of this because she was sure that guy was looking for her to get revenge. She had to go to somewhere else. She then stood up and said,

"My free time is up. Gotta go." She said to Key.

"I-I'll accompany you. Last time I check she was at the park."

She paused a while. She couldn't let him come with her. If that bully wanted to settle things with her, she couldn't let Key came along.

"I think I prefer going alone. Sorry."

Yujin could see Key's disappointed face.

"That's okay... I understand your circumstances. You have to be by Jinah's side all the time. I-i mean... Jinah ssi... No, I mean the Princess." He stuttered. And that made Yujin felt more regret.

"Sorry."That's all she said.

Key forced a smile on his face.

"No, really... It's okay. It's just that... I envy the Princess, who could have any friends that she wants and being loved by so many people."

She felt an itch inside her heart. Suddenly she didn't feel uneasy again.

"Having any friends that she wants... And being loved by many people... Doesn't mean she can easily enjoy that."

Key looked confused but Yujin quickly tapped his shoulder and smiled.

"I'm going. See you tomorrow."

She walked further from him and purposely walked past Woobin. She walked out slowly so that he could follow him.

If 1 on 1 is what you want, then...

She turned left and then decided to turned her back. But Woobin wasn't there. She looked around.
Could it be... Key?!

She ran towards the lobby, but there she saw Key walked alone to the cafeteria. And apparently unharmed.

Yujin frowned. She was a bit confused. But she just shrugged her shoulder.

Maybe he’s not in the mood? Good then…

She went looking for Jinah in the park but she wasn't there.

She looked around again and she found her, talking with a guy at the back of the building. She unconsciously went hiding behind the bushes.

“I said... I like you. Can't you consider me?”

She looked again. Jinah looked so dead confused, she just smiled awkwardly. She didn't quite catch the man's face other than he's tall and had brown hair.

“I'm sorry. But... I should go. T-thanks for your... Hmm, attention. I appreciate it. Bye.”

She left the man there and Yujin then followed her.

“Woww... You even get a confession?”

Jinah startled and hit Yujin's hand.

“Kamchagiya!! Aisshh... You heard all along but why didn't you help me?”

“Why? It's his confession time. I don't wanna ruin the moment.”

Jinah pouted her face and Yujin laughed. All day along Yujin had her revenge by teasing Jinah all along classes until they're home.

“You have to act as a Princess. So y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter