A perfect Blur

P.S. I Love You

P.S. I Love you – pt. 2 – A perfect Blur


 
“Well Uncle, I guess it is time to say goodnight”
“Yes, it is, are you going home? Or~”
“I think I will walk around for a bit, you know talk to the air”
“Hmm” The elder hummed before exhaling out a “Well, will I see you tomorrow? If not have a goodnight’ sleep and be safe son”. Ruffling the younger ones curly hair, placing a kiss on his forehead.
“I hope to see you tomorrow Uncle, to help here like I used to when~”
“No worries, you just continue to be the creative happy person I have always known.”

The elder stood up from the seat he had taken for a small amount of time, rubbing the younger one’ back again before heading to the kitchen, leaving the younger one to think about his simple thoughts.

    Getting up from his stool, and placing the mop back in the storage room, he retrieved his jacket, before exclaiming “Good Night Uncle!”, and walking through the door. The bell ringing behind him and the cold kissing his cheeks perfect enough to make him shutter.  Closing his eyes, breathing in the cold, clearing his throat and exhaling the moist breathe into the air, smiling at the cloud before him.

Music are you there?

    He asked the air, and smiled brighter when it responded to his wish; the honking of a horn in the distance followed by the clicking of a woman’ shoes along the cement sidewalk. A faint sound of a shutter from a photographer capturing the night in its glory, the small breeze blowing a few leaves away as they held on for life itself. Catching at the back of his neck, he furrowed his brows and proceeded in pulling his collar up to cover where the cold had him. Pulling his bag around to his chest, bringing a rather large scarf from it and a hat with a puff ball on the top. Pausing in his slow walk, being very quiet as he wrapped the scarf around his neck and covered his ears with the hat; smirking as he didn’t disturb the whispers of the music.  Zipping up his bag again, before beginning his walk, a thought he hadn’t quite came across popped into his head.

I don’t want to remember that day…

He furrowed his brows and continued to walk in the music; lost in his thoughts, long enough to come close to walking into a table that was left outside of a restaurant. Wishing away the music for a second, to only find himself remembering the past.

“How is my son doing?”
“I am doing great mom, how are you?” He asked tenderly.
“Oh, I am doing fine my little one, no need worry about me.” His mother said, pinching his cheek softly.
“Well I haven’t seen you in a while, I~”
“Come with me to the market?”  His mom cut his sentence short, shaking him by the shoulders with a smile on her face.
“Of Course” he replied kissing her on the cheek.
 
Shaking his head, trying not to remember that very tune that ruined his creative spirit.
 
Don’t remember that… Don’t~


He kept walking in no particular direction, his eyes open but closed to reality, as his heart grew heavy and his head spun.
The sight of a truck speeding out of control, crashing into a car, over throwing it and coming straight at my mom and me…
The moment of collision, my mom being thrown from the car, and me… I was just getting in the car. I scrambled around the car looking for where my mom had gone, where could she had gone? Tears filling my eyes and some people screaming call for an ambulance, along the distance of my right ear. People screaming and then I heard a familiar voice.
Baekhyun!
Mom! I crouched down to her, firmly placing my legs into the glass fragments, tears falling down my face.
You be a good boy, and go help that girl over there~
No, mom I can’t leave you~
When the ambulance gets here go and calm her, please~
I will…


    Tears fell from his eyes as he blinked, the flashback still playing with him, his head heavy and his  throat aching from the sobs he didn’t know were being held in.

Thank You son, we have this handled!

I watched in a foggy, yet clear screen of how my mother was lifted up into the ambulance and, how she told me to just go help the other girl. Which I wanted in my heart to go with my mom, but I told her I would help the other victim when the ambulance came. So I did, telling the paramedics that there was another victim, then running over to her, unaware of the blood on my face from a cut I got from flying glass, at the impact.
“I can’t feel my leg! Why can’t I Feel MY LEG!! AAAH! OH GOD SOMEBODY HELP ME!! “She screamed, her leg broken, from just looking at it.
“I just called for an ambulance, you will be okay, and they are on their way!” I assured her, trying not to cry from seeing her in such pain.
“I can’t see, I can’t breathe! OH MY GOD I CAN’T FEEL MY LEG! Please….” She panicked, all I thought to do was to gently touch her face, on her cheek in a comforting way.
“Stay with me, stay right here, and keep your eyes open… I promise you will be okay…” I gave her words of hope, as she began to breathe normal. A tear falling from her eye, mixing with the blood from the huge gash just above her right eye.
“Please…Keep Your prom~” she began, but the paramedics, pulled me from her and took her away.


    He shook his head, wishing the flashback away, scared of what remembering that such moment would do to him again. But he wandered if that girl was okay and if he could say he kept his promise, all of his emotions bottled up inside. Trying to smile as snow began to fall, waking him completely from the daze he was in, to find tears falling down his cheeks.

    He stood along the street, from where the accident happened, unknowingly of how he managed to get there. Sniffing and wiping his tears away, he sauntered his way to a bench, covered by an overhead. Sitting down and running his hands through his hair. Making a mess of the curls as he fought to keep the tears in his eyes, breathing heavy, constantly wiping his eyes. He finally relaxed and stared into nothing, just pure white snow; drowning in emptiness as the time went on. Biting his lip and locking his fingers together, he decided to pray.

Lord, I know you can hear me? But I am having a hard time just living… Knowing that I made a promise and I wonder if it has been kept. Knowing my mother can’t bake anymore because she has no ambition for it anymore. My father isn’t around with a happy spirit all the time and well I am just me. I can’t find my creative flow anymore, I feel I have lost it and… Well, to make this short, please I need to know I kept my promise… I need to know she is alive, so I can stop feeling guilty.

    He lowered his head back to the snow covered ground and kicked his feet, before standing up and beginning his walk, to a destination this time.

Home…

 

[][][][]
Early Morning
 
    Choi had awaken from her sleep, stretching, being startled by a pop in her back; yawning and walking to the bathroom. Squeezing the small amount of toothpaste to her toothbrush and vigorously brushing her teeth clean. Rinsing her face and mouth washing, spitting it into the running water, before smiling in the mirror.

“Chirp Chirp” her phone rang of a text message.

Walking without a care in the world, to the familiar sound of a text message from Lara. Picking up the phone and skimming the contents of the message.

I am sorry for being like that the other day, it’s just BLAH BLAH BLAH!

    Choi mouthed after reading the first sentence of the message, clicking delete and throwing the IPhone to the disheveled blankets. Pulling her hair up into a high ponytail, as she skipped to her closet to dress herself for college work at her favorite café. Withdrawing her dark skinny jeans and her hoodie that read smarticles on the front, with a moustache on it. Slipping into the clothing and walking back to the bathroom to apply her makeup, and put her contacts in. Feeling relieved she left Lara to herself and didn’t have to bother with the annoyance of the friendship anymore.
 
    Sliding polka dot ankle socks on before her denim converse, and grabbing her laptop and canvas bag before leaving with an apple from her kitchen.

What are you going to do today? She asked herself aloud in the cold winter air.

    Squinting her eyes and looking up at the bare trees with icicles hanging from them, smiling at the woman across the street as she kissed her daughter on the forehead and zipped her puffy coat. How cute Choi said to herself internally before, frowning and quickly walking faster to get away from the sight. Not looking up and practically running she cut a corner to sharp, colliding with a man.

“Oof”
“Are you okay?” The man asked reaching his hand to help her up.
“Yes, sorry for bumping into you”
“Oh no problem”

Choi dusted her calf of the snow, thankful that it didn’t wet her pants, looking up at the man who was smiling at her. Brushing her bangs just enough to cover her right eyebrow, as she smiled back and reached her hand out to him.

“My name is Choi, Do you like tea?”
“As a matter of fact I do, my name is Baekhyun” he took her hand and kissed it lightly. “Nice to meet you Choi”
“Do you have plans right now? Because I was just about to go to my favorite café and then the library”

She blushed, smiling brightly, as she couldn’t contain how charming he was, and couldn’t figure why he was still holding her hand.

“No plans, free today, if you don’t mind if I join you?”
“Not at all” Choi replied with another smile. “Come on”

Baekhyun stood there as she led the way, with a look of awe upon her; something about her was just so familiar. He watched as she walked elegantly in the direction, before turning around and gesturing him to join; which he did flashing a smile at her and catching up to her pace.
The two walking alongside each other down the frosted, snow covered sidewalk, awkward with small talk, but trying to make some.

“So are you normally around or~”
“I just got back from my trip, and visiting home before I finish school and all.”
“Sounds like a solid plan, what made you take a break from school?”

Baekhyun, didn’t speak a word for a second until, he cleared his throat and tried to hide the true reason.

“Oh, just needed a break~”
“Oh, I see~” Choi responded.
“What are you up to? I don’t think I had ever seen you around” Baekhyun asked turning his face to see her.
“I write, and I had to take a break from school as well, to try and live like normal.”
“Like normal?” Baekhyun questioned.
“I had some issues down the line and well I wanted to see the world in a different way, you know let the landscape speak to me.”
“You sound like me” he chuckled. “I needed a break from the school and stress world, to let the music speak to me, but you probably think me weird.”
“Music?”
“Yes, I feel music as if I can breathe it…” Baekhyun pinched his lips together once he notice he had just, expressed himself maybe a little too much.
“No, I get you~” Choi said, grabbing the door to the café.
“I have this, you first.” Baekhyun said, opening the door and watching her walk in.
“Do they have Green Tea?” Baekhyun asked.
“Mhm, is that what you want?” Choi nodded asking him afterwards.
“That sounds nice” he smiled, pulling his wallet out.
“I am going to pay, I owe you remember” Choi said, pressing his wallet down.

    Baekhyun nodded, and smiled at her, when she paid for the drinks and handed him his. Smiling that bright smile from earlier, tasting her tea to get the warmth into her body.

“Please take this cash though, I’d feel better about this situation.” Baekhyun said, placing the few dollars into her hands, and nodding at her as he sipped his hot beverage.
“Okay” Choi responded with a smile, before walking to the door, with Baekhyun close behind.
“Now, are you going to the library to work today or just reading a book?”
“I have small homework, that isn’t due till next week, but I also just like the smell of the library too” Choi replied.

Hiding her face behind her green tea, from embarrassment as she expressed herself in front of him.

“No need to be embarrassed, I usually go to the library to meet new characters, but it seems I have already met a new one.” He smiled at Choi.
“Hmm” Choi hummed, returning the smile to Baekhyun.
“Well, shall we?” He practically sang, turning in the direction of the library.
“We shall” Choi laughed, and truly laughed, which she hadn’t in a while.
“Okay~”

    They walked side by side as the cups became empty and laughter was made, the chill from winter and the slight snowfall; making the conversation deeper than anyone else’s. Choi watching how Baekhyun explained what he meant about music speaking to him, and then him watching how Choi explained how landscape influenced her. The both of them sharing moments of depth between comments and views of one another.  Hours passing by as they lost track of time and when it had reached darkness of night, Baekhyun walked her home.

“It was really nice talking with you, well meeting you I mean, was uh, nice” he stuttered and scramble his words.
“It was nice meeting you too Baekhyun” Choi laughed at his expression of a puppy.
“Can we do this again soon? I am free tomorrow, Could I possibly take you somewhere?” Baekhyun asked Choi as she walked up the stairs to her front door, while he waited below.
“Hmmm, yes”
“Yes what?”
“Yes, to your offer, I am free tomorrow” Choi replied a smile on her face.
“Well, alright then, I shall come over around noon?”
“That is a good time for me”
“Okay, noon it is, I will ring your doorbell five minutes early though”
“Okay” Choi replied, opening her door.
“Good night Choi” Baekhyun spoke with a clear throat, staring at her, his eyes warming.
“Night… Baekhyun” She replied waving and walking into her home.

    Baekhyun smiled a happy smile, and was finally full of peace, as he had made a friend and found someone he could talk to in his way. Smiling, he turned his body in the direction of his home, walking quickly, and eager to sleep the rest of the day away. While not being able to erase her stunning smile from his sight, his cheekbones hurting from all the smiling he had just done thinking about it. Closing his eyes and thanking the Lord for happiness, thinking of only one thing.

Noon


AN: Hey There Guys ^^

I just wrote this for I don't know how many hours and it is roughly 2000 + words =] 

I will re-read this after I rest my eyes, so excuse any errors, but feel free to comment below about what you feel <3 

Thank you my precious and lovely Sugar cookies >v<