Lights & Memories

P.S. I Love You
p_by_risaz-d6wgg62.jpg P.S. I Love You - Pt. 5 - Lights & Memories


    It had been about two weeks and a month since Choi and Baekhyun met, the both of them laughing and sharing stories together. Even shyly thinking about each other, and the things that made hearts flutter and teeth bite lips. 


    The weather had picked up, and the snowfall slowed a bit, the days becoming functional again. Choi hadn’t seen Baekhyun in a whole week, which made her uneasy; since he was the highlight of her days. Maybe it was because for every second of the day he was beside her or even hearing his voice through her phone; life was easier to tackle and breathing was smoother. Ever since she left Lara to think, there were no calls, text messages and surprise knocks on the door. Winter was becoming lonely and depressing again, and there was no stopping it for Choi, she missed her best friend Baekhyun so much. All she could do was keep his smile in her thoughts long enough until she drifted into the late nights of winter. The saddest part was sitting in her home, by herself all wrapped up in a blanket to keep warm; while she watched romance flicks and fell asleep on them from all the cliché’ plots.

    Even though the winter’ sadness was getting to him as well, he had planned to see Choi soon. Knowing she was probably going through a hopefully mini depression phase; since she had lost someone dear to her just the other day, two years ago. He thought on that for a minute, biting his bottom lip, stopping by a bookstore much like Barnes and noble. 

“Um, excuse me” he sounded, pointing his long slender finger in the air, parallel to himself.
“Yes, sir?” a curly haired woman asked, walking to him.
“Do you carry journals, like the ones you can write in?”
“Yes we do, they are spread out and neatly organized, just upstairs to the right.”
“Ah, Thank you” He bowed and quickly ran up the stairs.


    Running his hand through his silky hair, making a slight mess of it, turning to the right and cutting the corner he found the journals just like she had said. Running his hand over the cover of the book, feeling the leather of one and frowning, because the feel wasn’t right. Picking up a hard covered one with a place for a picture on the front, opening it and running his hand over the artwork of a map; smiling as he ran his hand softly over the next page, feeling the clear white paper, soft beneath his fingertips. Exhaling, as his memory of her view on drawing from the very first time they met; played like a scene from a motion picture in his head. 

This is it~

    Closing the journal and skipping downstairs with a jolly spirit, walking to get in line for his purchase. Trying to think and see how she would feel or react when he handed her his gift. Furrowing his eyebrows when he figured maybe this is too much, maybe she won’t like it; smirking, stepping up to purchase the journal, telling himself she will love it.

“Hi again, nice to know you found it. You draw?”
“No, but…” He paused, smiling sweetly at the journal. “But this amazing person I cherish does.” His heart beat a new pattern as a small blush played at his cheeks.
“Oh, how sweet!” The lady from earlier beamed at him.
“Thank you” He smiled receiving the change and bagged purchase from her. “Have a blessed day”
“You too sweetie” she smiled back, tending to the next person.

    The doors opened automatically, as he was detected by the sensor, a soft snowfall sprinkling the earth before him. Nothing but a warm heavy feeling in his chest that kept him smiling brightly; slowly slapped away when.

“Mom?”

    The lady twirled around instantly, her eyes huge and her body language thrown to the left. Baekhyun’ jaw quivered, his eyes watering; his shoulder fell followed by his head. The sight of her after so long was too overwhelming for the poor boy, he cried on the spot, panting between muffled sobs.

“Baekhyunnie~” her voice trailed through the air.
“I’ve missed you so much” the crying boy said, hugging her tightly.
“I have missed you too baby, now stop crying, you’re going to make mommy cry too.”

    She sang softly in a whisper, in his ear, brushing a hand through his hair; running it down his back, squeezing him gently, before kissing his forehead and trying to start conversation. When he was calmed down, she began conversation, asking how he was doing and if anything was new; mainly passing the short amount of time between them with kisses to his forehead and tight warming hugs only a mother can give.  He told her about Choi and how his mom pretty much saved her life, he even went as far as telling her that life was so dull and painful until he met her and that he was so glad to have his mom back in the picture. 

The talk between them ended a few hours later over sushi and tea; even the news that would make him smile for days.

“I have decided to open shop again”
“Mom that is great, how does~”
“Your father isn’t a part of it this time, but I will start work with your uncle and replace you there, so you can have more freedom finding that thing called happiness. That you always dreamed you would never come close to~” She sipped her tea, smiling at her son as he watched her every move, like he was painting on a white canvas. “You will reach that happiness soon… Now go and say hi to Choi for me I will look forward to meeting her someday.”

    His mom smiled placing the cash inside the bill booklet on the table, signaling for them to know she was leaving. Pushing the chair back and slipping her coat on, followed by her purse. She kiss her dazed sons head and squatted beside him.

“Baekhyunnie, look at me” 
He did as asked, with a smile in his eyes as they were crescent moons; that slowly faded to full moons.
“I love you, do you love mommy?”

    He smiled even brighter, his eyes returning to the crescents from earlier; laughing a bit as she still referred to herself as mommy when talking to him. But he liked it, because it made him feel like a kid again.

“Yes, I always loved and still love you” he hugged her and kissed her forehead. “Drive safely”
She hugged her son and after that, disappeared into the quiet but noisy snowfall.

////

    Grabbing at his bag, and making his way to his car, he tapped on contacts and scrolled till he found Choi. Smiling as she answered on the second ring.

“Baekhyunnie!”
“Hi, would you happen to be free tonight?”
“I am free~”
“Well, I was watching the news and I saw an advertisement earlier, for Christmas lights showing. You know you walk through and well look at lights.”
“Sounds like a peaceful fun, I would love to go with you~”
“Great, can I swing by now? Since I am in the car and all I was~”
“Baekhyun, just come over” 

He smiled upon hearing her giggle on the other side of the phone from his nervousness.
“Well, I am on my way… And Choi?”
“Yes”
“I have something to tell you, so be prepared for it okay?” 
“I am prepared~” She said seriously into the phone before giggling. “See you in a bit”
“Mmm, you too”

    Baekhyun hung up, staring at his bag that contained the journal, in the passenger’s seat. Pulling out a pen and the journal, scribbling a few words on the first page. Holding it to his chest where his heart was, exhaling heavily before slipping the journal into his bag as before.
Christmas Lights, on a walk with you, I hope you won’t cry~

 
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
It’s My Turn to Cry

    Choi had ran to her closet, slipping out of her pajamas, pulling her hoodie over her head and sliding into her skinny jeans; ending with one sock on as the doorbell rang. Running to it with a swift pace, holding her other sock in her left hand.

“Having trouble?”
“Pfft, No, just running to get the door for you, yah goof!” 

    Choi stepped away from the door, putting her other sock on, as Baekhyun walked in shutting the door. Once the sock was on she stood up straight, her eyes almost falling out of her head as he back hugged her, something he never did. The feel of his hands sliding around her waist to lock in front with each other, and the warmth from his chest against her back, even the slightest feeling of his breath on her neck, gave her goose bumps. 
“Well, hi too you too, Baek”
“Hmm” he hummed into her neck, hugging her tighter.

    Choi exhaled softly, pulling his hands apart as she turned herself to face him, with a questioning expression written on her face. Something was different with Baekhyun, after all he was never like this; not even the closest besides being sweet and grabbing her hand when she was uneasy. What could be bothering him so much?

“Baek, is something wrong?” she asked worried for the adorable pouting man before her.
“I saw my mom today, and…”
“Hmm, and what?”
Baekhyun took a breath, before continuing, “She is happy”.
“That is~”

    Baekhyun began crying, his eyes watering and the pout on his lips quivering; he was really trying to keep the tears in himself, he didn’t want to show them. Maybe this is what he thought was strong, maybe this is what he figured was the correct way to do things. Baekhyun blinked millions of times, looked up to her ceiling and puffed up his cheeks before wiping his tears away.

“This is a great thing that she is happy, why are you crying?”

Choi slid her hands to the nape of his neck, then holding his precious face in her hands, staring into his eyes. 

“Because I am just so happy that she is doing well, and that I can finally have peace on that side of my life.”

    Choi pulled Baekhyun in for a hug, kissing his cheek as he hugged her back softly, and his body warm against hers. One more final sniff from Baekhyun and he was back to his normal self, with a smile that as always melted her heart.

“Uh, sorry about that, umm you ready to go? It’s getting dark out.”
“No need to be sorry about tears Baek.” Choi whispered holding two of his fingers in her fist. “I am ready” 

    She smiled and grabbed her bag, holding onto Baekhyun’ hand as they left the house for the Christmas Lights showing. Baekhyun exhaled with ease and finally his mom wasn’t a burden anymore; he could live a little more. Instead of remembering his mother and father fighting all the time, even that night when she left. Life was feeling lighter and brighter, even as he came back to reality; holding her small delicate hand in his. Exhaling and smiling with closed lips he watched as her hair loose from the hat blew past her ears, in the light breeze.

She’s Beautiful…
♡♡♡♡
Lights and Palpitations

    The night was getting chillier as the entered the gates of the zoo, yes the zoo, according to Baekhyun, the Christmas Lights showing was at a zoo. Choi chuckled and squeezed Baekhyun’ gloved hand, as he bought the two tickets; giving her that thousand watt smile, as he pulled her to the small restaurant by the restrooms. Choi following behind him, shuttering as the warmth filled her bones, and color flushed to her cheeks.

“Would you like a hot chocolate my lady?” he asked with a smile.
“Why thank you kind sir~” Choi replied, biting back a laugh that leaked out any ways.
“Alright then, anything for you~”
“Mhm, Thank you Baek”
“Ah, there you go again, I haven’t made you~”
“You have always made me happy, idiot… But seriously thank you for filling the gaps with fun and honesty~”
“Shhh, save it for later, I still haven’t finished yet”

    Baekhyun, let her hand go as he left to gather the hot chocolates and run back to her. Choi admiring him, in his thick Christmas sweater with his coat and disheveled hair. Smiling to herself as she thought how his hair got that way; laughing once she figured, ah, he ran his hands through it again. Spacing out afterwards, thinking about what he wanted to tell her and why it was so important; shaking it away as Baekhyun sat the cup in front of her on the table.

“Ready to go take the walk and talk?”
“Mhm”

    Choi stood up, grabbing her cup and following Baekhyun into the cold once again, walking down towards the lit up pathway. Baekhyun exhaling in relief that nobody was around, only a few with their children, making light of the night and early Christmas surprises.
As walk continued in sipping their hot chocolates ad silence; Baekhyun broke it as they through their cups away, once all the hot beverage was gone.

“Choi, I brought you out here to make sure you have fun… But I feel that the thing I say will~”

Choi stared at him deeply, wondering why he suddenly stopped. “What is it? I won’t be loud I promise, I’m not a loud person~”

“I don’t want you to cry or feel hurt, after it is all said and done.” 

    Baekhyun dropped his head and then built the courage to spit it out, lifting his head and looking at her. Her brown eyes as warming and sincere as the green Christmas lights sparkled in them. Her plump lips in a straight line as she stared at him in longing and confusion. The small cold breeze blowing her hair into her face, and the sound of the children in the distance laughing. The lights dancing off of his skin and his throat jumping as his heart beat loudly.

“Whatever it is, I will do my best to stand right here and take it… So don’t worry I am strong~”

Millions of thoughts raced through Choi’ mind, her heart feeling weak as she watched his lips part.

“When you were in the car crash a year ago… You said you spoke to a woman and she told you she was waiting for her son”

    Choi’ heart jumped into , not because of sadness but because she wanted to believe what he was about to say was what she waited for, for so long. That his words were the ones she could say saved her, that this was the face she couldn’t see when she was blind. That the only thing that kept her alive within her loneliness and darkest era of her life were from his lips. That he was him.

“I’m her son, I am the one that spoke to you when the terrible incident~”
“Baek...”
“Don’t cry~”

    Baekhyun, was prepared for her to run from him, for her to never want to talk to him again; because he dared to make her remember that day. But instead he found himself holding her head into his chest as she held onto him.

“Why would you fear you’d hurt me?”
“I… I know you don’t like that memory~”
“You are him, the one I have been trying to remember… I had forgotten your voice and~”

Choi stopped breathing as well as talking, when Baekhyun kissed the scar just above her right eye; tears threatened to fall but she kept them, as she nuzzled her head into his neck and allowed him to hold her.

“Baekhyun?”
“Hmm?”
“Thank you” she leaned back to look into his eyes, “For saving my life~”

Baekhyun, stood there, with tears in his eyes; wanting nothing more than to hug her again, and laugh away the small emotion of sadness.

“You’re welcome” he managed to get those words out.

    Raising his hand to wipe her falling tears, leaning in to kiss her forehead; slowly hovering his way to her lips, planting a soft and gentle kiss on her plump lips. Grabbing her hands and lacing his fingers with hers as he deepened the kiss, parting her lips, pulling her in to his chest. Pulling away, and hugging her so dear to him like the world was going to end if she wasn't safe in his arms. Smiling, once a soft giggle escaped her probably frozen body.

“What is so funny?”
“Nothing I am just happy, and well there is a little kid staring at us over there”

Baekhyun smiled and turned to the left to see if there was a kid there; to his surprise there was and she was smiling brightly.

“Is she your princess?” an adorable voice asked.
“Yes, she is my princess” Baekhyun replied releasing Choi from the hug.

    He walked over to the little girl and squatted enough to hover his bottom over the snow, and looked the girl in her delicate eyes. A smile tugged at his lips, motioning the little girl in so he could whisper to her.

“Can I tell you a secret?” he asked the little girl, loud enough for Choi to hear.
“Mhm Mr. Prince”
“She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and you know who might be even prettier?”
“Who~” the little girl asked in curiosity.
“You” he replied, pinching her nose softly.
“Huh! No Way!!”
“Mhm, I think you are prettier”
A soft chuckle left Baekhyun as he watched the little girl jump up and down, her cheeks rosy from his comment.
“Thank you Mr. Prince!” She hugged him and then focused her eyes on Choi. “Um princess?”
“Yes sweetie?”
“Can you help me find my mommy and daddy?”
“Of course” Choi walked over to her and Baekhyun, as he looked at her and gently pecked her cheek.
“I went to the bathroom and then I couldn’t find them. But they told me they would be by the elephants… But I don’t know where the elephants are.”

    The little girl pouted all too cutely as she slowly came to the verge of tears; until Baekhyun picked her up and kissed her cheek. Smiling at Choi, before making the little one smile with an idea he gave to her.

“How about I buy our little cutie here… excuse me little princess a cookie and some hot chocolate; then take you to your parents?”

    The little girl smiled brightly, almost as bright as Baekhyun’ at his request and kissed his cheek, reaching for Choi. Hugging them both and shouting Thank you into the winter air. Both Baekhyun and Choi smiled, as they walked into the building as they did earlier, grabbing the little princess a cookie and hot chocolate.

“Okay, time to find the elephants” Choi said kissing the little girl' head as she bit on her cookie and sipped her hot chocolate.

    Soft glances here and there as they looked for her parents, exhaling when the little girl pointed to a man in a Christmas sweater with deer all over it, peeking through his black coat. Baekhyun put the little girl down, waiting for her little feet to reach the ground, ready to watch her run. 

“Umm, Mr. Prince you and your princess can come with me?”
“Sure” Choi responded grabbing the little girl’ hand and walking to her parents, Baekhyun a hold of the girls other hand.
“Papa!” The little girl shouted as the doe eyed man turned around and picked up his little girl, kissing her head and cheek.
“I was so worried, your brothers are in big trouble” the worried father voiced out, as he checked his daughter for cuts or anything else.
“But papa I am fine, because Mr. Prince and his Princess helped me…”

The worried father turned to look at Baekhyun and Choi, his eyes locked on the two.

“Thank you, for returning my little princess back to me… My name is Lu Han”
“Baekhyun, and this is Choi~”
“We are glad we found you, she was worried she wouldn’t be able to find you since she didn’t know where the elephants were.”
“Thank you, and I will talk to her brothers when we get home.” Luhan smiled sweetly at the both of them before ending their small conversation.
“I am very thankful, and if you two aren’t doing anything this Christmas eve, I would be more that humble for you two to come hang out.”

Baekhyun and Choi’ eyes grew wide with the sudden offer, as Baekhyun went to answer he was cut short by the little girl.
“Please, Mr. Prince please?”
“Yes, little princess we will be there” Baekhyun replied to the little girl who blushed and nuzzled her head into her papa’ neck. 
“Great! Here is my number and address” Luhan handed a card to Choi who handed it to Baekhyun after looking at it. “See you Christmas Eve! You two have a blessed night now.”
“You too!” Baekhyun shouted back as Lu Han was searching the surroundings for his boys, who had left his baby girl by herself.

Choi grabbed Baekhyun’ hand, and rested her head on his shoulder; giggling a small bit before blushing.

“Hmm what?”
“Mr. Prince”
“She is very cute, Princess”
“Hmm, you ready to call it a night?”
“Not unless I stay the night, so I can make sure you get to sleep”
“I sleep?”
“No you don’t” Baekhyun chuckled. “It is only eight p.m. and you are ready to sleep.”
“Oh! Are you serious” Choi looked at her watch and pouted. “You’re right”
“It is okay, you can rest when we get to your home, and I will make sure of it”
“And how are you going to do that Mr. Prince?”
“Simple, Princess, sing you to sleep as you snuggle up with me on the couch by the fireplace”
“Oooh sounds nice”
“It will be~”

    Baekhyun kissed her forehead, continuing to walk, his heart beating fast as she ran her hand along his back, and around his waist holding on to him. A blush bright on his cheek, she noticed it as they stopped at the intersection, a café playing Christmas music, echoed out into the night sky as it began to snow again, a soft snowflake landing perfectly on his nose. Choi chuckling at his adorableness, as he admired the music; she whispered into his ear.

Music are you here?

    Making Baekhyun smiled softly and to her he couldn’t have been any more handsome. The snow falling gently on them, his rosy lips, humble brown eyes and curly messy hair. All bundled together in a thick Christmas sweater with snowflakes on it and his black coat resting on him. All she could hear was Michael Buble in the distance and everything else went into slow motion as Baekhyun connected his lips with hers again. Hearts palpitating fast, lights sparkling everywhere and lyrics of the song bouncing in the blurry background. Only Baekhyun was clear to her; he was a warm cup of tea on a cold winter’ night.

“Mmm” he moaned into the kiss as she buried her hand into his hair, tightening her grip on his coat, pulling him closer.

    Choi blushing and parting from the kiss, the sound of their lips detaching in the cold air; with a smile and small peck from Baekhyun as they crossed the street. Then something she didn’t expect from him at all, he was singing while holding her hand and people were staring at them, which made Choi blush even more.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Everywhere you go,
Take a look at the 5 and 10,
It's glistening once again,
With candy canes and silver lanes that glow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, 
Toys in every store, 
But the prettiest sight to see, 
Is the holly that will be, 
on your own front door.

She blushed until Baekhyun stopped and kissed her hand, while the small audience clapped and he flashed that beautiful smile to her.

“You having a good time?”
“The best ever”
“Well I plan for many more!”
“I will keep my heart open to these charms hmm”

    Baekhyun kissed her softly once again, because he couldn’t resist it any longer; holding her hand tightly and inside thanking the lord for such a precious gem. 

////

    Walking up the frosted steps to her front door, wrapping his arms around her waist as she unlocked the door, kissing her jaw sweetly making her giggle; which he loved hearing. Pushing the door shut after they were in, and hanging up their coats; picking her up as he sat on the couch, holding her in his lap.

“Shall I sing to you again, or just hold you like this”
“Can you sing again? You have a beautiful voice”
“I will always sing for you, Princess” Baekhyun chuckled receiving a gentle smack on the arm from his comment.
“Cheesy!”
“But it makes you laugh” Baekhyun smiled and nuzzled his nose into her shoulder, taking in her sweet scent.
Slowly beginning to sing, holding Choi as close as comfortable for her, turning the singing into humming as she relaxed and slowly became drowsy.
“Good night” He whispered as she wrapped her arms around him, as he carried her to her room. 

Tucking her in, Baekhyun began on his way to the living room to sit on the couch, smiling and kissing her pouting lips as she got comfortable.

“Baekhyun, where are you going?” Choi asked sitting up.
“To the living room.” he replied turning to look at her.
“Stay here”

    Baekhyun stared at her as she patted the bed besides her pulling the blanket back with a smile on her face. He was puzzled by her request and didn’t move to meet her until she crawled out of the bed and pulled him to it.

“Stay right here” she whispered covering her yawn, staring at him through slanted eyes.
“I will stay~” He replied as he began to hum her back to sleep.
I will stay right here…


AN: Hey Guys ^^

I am Back with this update and boy it took a while! 17 pages and 4367 words! My mind is straining a bit hahaha

I plan to be updating over winter break >v< VERY EXCITED ^^

I hope you guys enjoy this and I know I will probably have to re-read and fix spelling errors <3 so leave comments below

and subscribe, upvote and share on tumblr crediting me ^w^ 

Love you Sugar Cookies!