Is it too early?

P.S. I Love You

p_by_risaz-d6wgg62.jpg P.S. I Love You - PT. 7 - Winter Curse


Winter curse

   Christmas day had come and gone just as fast as New Year’, time never stood still and yet the night seemed to take it’ own precious time. Choi had spent both holidays with Baekhyun and had a good time, He spent Christmas night at hers slow dancing, saying cheesy things to hear her precious laugh that he adored. Singing to her when he poured her a mug of eggnog and ate the cookies that sat on the cookie sheet in the kitchen. Took pictures that would surely be kept for years and cherished the small amounts of time with her that he had before he told her.

Told her about his plans…

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Is it too early?

   

   Baekhyun sat on the couch watching Choi walk to her room and come back with something wrapped neatly. His slumped posture became straight as he realized she was giving him a gift; receiving the present from her with a smile on his face. He placed it on the couch cushion beside him to grab hers from his bag; hoping she would love it.

 

“You open your gift first Choi” he smiled and blushed.

“Okay”

 

   Choi received the present from Baekhyun, unwrapping it gently; to find a leather hard covered sketchbook. Looking up at him, her eyes sparkling and the urge to kiss him biting away at her heart; she had wanted one of these for a while.

 

“Open it, there is a message inside”

 

   Choi did as told and sure enough there was a nicely written note, beautifully scribbled onto the page.

 

“Well if you received this and I wasn’t nervous, I should’ve already wished you a Merry Christmas! I hope I had made you happy this far along… Did I? I want you to know that I really care about you and can’t control my heart around you. You make it sing and dance every time, there is the slightest eye contact. I can’t help but be thankful to god for such a precious gem as you. But I feel as if I haven’t made you happy yet, or erased the hurt from your life; so before winter ends I want to make you smile and laugh the longest and hardest. I want you to be happy and there are also so many other things I can say in person when the time comes… But hopefully you will feel the same when we get there...
From yours only Baekhyun”

 

 

   Choi looked up at him, and closed the book, dropping it to the couch before hugging him tightly; kissing his neck softly.

 

“You have made me happy and I honestly have no one else to thank for that other than you.”

“Winter isn’t over yet, I will make winter a happy season for you…”

 

   Baekhyun squeezed his arms tighter around Choi in a close hug, kissing her temple and resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

“Hey, you still have to open your gift~” Choi smiled.

“Hmm?”

“I hope you like it~”

 

   Baekhyun carefully unwrapped the gift from Choi and smiled sweetly at it; something he had wanted but didn’t have time to gather.

 

“I notice that when we walked those few times, you would look up to the sky and it was almost as if the music was talking to you. You have a beautiful voice and~”

 

   Baekhyun kissed her, before she could finish; she didn’t need to say anymore, Choi had managed to understand him in that tiny bit of time.

 

“You understand” Baekhyun spoke into the kiss, until he broke it and hugged her again.

“Hmm, of course, you understand me to well also”

“Hmm, my princess”

 

   Choi giggled at the nickname that would forever be over her head, all she needed was the bluebirds to drop the tiara on her head. Squeezing him in a warming hug, loving how she seemed so small in his arms; nothing could replace this feeling.

   Nothing… It is as if she loved him? But she pushed it away thinking it was just too early…

 

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Winter Curse

 

 

   Baekhyun had left a few messages here and there, since the day he had left to go talk with his father that lived miles away. Choi was relaxed with it , and didn’t really need him to hold her all the time; thanks to Baekhyun she had matured so much from being scared and hurt by everything to strong and not easily hurt. But that didn’t stop her from thinking about him for half of the day, while she attended work; editorial photography and such.

 

   Everything was going smoothly, her mood was happy, in a productive way; like when you work out and feel successful, that happy.

 

“Choi! CHOI!” her boss screamed running over to her.

“Yes”

   Her boss standing in front of her, out of breathe, trying hard to get the words out. “Lar—Lara!”

“What about Lara?” Choi asked concerned.

“She’s in the hospital…”

 

   Choi grabbed her bag and swallowed her anxiety, composing herself.

 

“Which~”

“The one five miles out off of cashmere road”

“Ok… I~”

“Just go”

 

   Choi did her best to leave notes for her team and ask for Jongdae to pack her camera up. She had met him on Christmas eve at Luhan’; and from then on he helped her get a job as a photographer. She trusts him and before she could ask him the small favor he had already packed her camera’ and journals.

 

“I will bring it over to your place tonight… Go be with her”

“Thank you, so very much”

 

   She kissed his cheek and he did the same to her, quickly hugging her and pushing her out the door. Choi running like no tomorrow through the halls to the closing elevator, thankfully the man that walked in stopped it for her. Slipping in with ease, her heart racing from the small bust of a sprint; thoughts wandering what happened.

 

“Miss… Miss”

   Choi being dazed in her thoughts, thinking about what happened to Lara and hoping nothing was bad. Clearing and replying to the man that was trying to get her attention.

“Oh, sorry, the lobby”

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, I just need to move quicker” Choi replied bluntly.

“I wish there was a ~”

 

   The doors opened to the second floor, and her anxiety was eating away at the sanity she had. Making a quick movement, she ran through the hall to the stairs and went in a downward spiral of stairs, until she was in the lobby. Sprinting for the door, as she waved her id in the air and screamed her name.

 

“See you later Ms. Young” Tiffany who always was seated at the entrance shouted.

 

   Still sprinting, cutting the corner and fumbling around through her bag for her keys. Walking into her door, struggling to get the correct key in the key slot. Taking a breather and grabbing a tuff of hair, she finally managed to get in the car and plan to back out of the parking lot.

 

Lara please be okay…

 

   She told herself, the silence in the car causing such pain in her chest; the winter curse, was almost gone. But nothing can stop it, not even…

 

BEEEEP!

   Choi jumped in her seat, breathing heavy and sweating a little bit; rolling her window down and yelling.

“SORRY!”

   Before continuing to back out of the parking lot and get to the hospital.

 

Tweet tweet tweet…

 

“Who is calling me?” picking her phone up and answering it. “Hey princess… What is wrong?” Baekhyun’ voice was worried now.

“Nothing is~”

“I can hear you breathing and, are you in trouble… hurt~”

“Lara… It’ Lara”

“What?”

“She’s in the hospital”

   Choi swerved a bit, as she fought to get through traffic and to the hospital, people honking at her and swearing. Baekhyun on the other end, growing anxious from such an issue and the noises from Choi’ side.

 

“Where are you?”

“I…”

   Choi looked at her phone, it had died; the call dropped and she quickly, while sitting at a red light, plugged her phone into the car charger. Baekhyun’ face lighting up her screen instantly. Tapping on answer, letting her Bluetooth live up to it’ worth.

 

“Choi!”

“I am hear, my phone died~”

“Who died?”

“Nobody”

“The connection is bad…I…Where…Are~”

“Baekhyun? I can’t hear you clearly--”

“Where are you” Choi was amazed to hear him loud and clear.

“I am pulling up to the hospital”

“Which one?”

“Off of Cashmere road--”

“Stay put, I am on my--”

 

   This time the connection failed, and a pit in her stomach made way through her nerves. Stuffing her phone into her pocket, bringing along her charger she tossed in her bag. Walking calmly up to the counter and asking for Lara; receiving a nice lady to walk her to the room.

 

   This was the time she wanted to be the tough one, and not shed a tear not one. But as she saw Lara lying in the bed with a bandage around her head and her arm in a splint. Nodding her head to the lady, telling her that she was fine to be left alone. Before walking over to Lara, she wiped her eyes lightly enough to not smear her already smeared makeup.

 

“Lara?”

   Choi asked, tracing the bedding with her right hand, while she ghostly walked to the left side of Lara. Sitting in the chair next to her bed, her heart heavy and eyes burning from the tears.

“You aren’t supposed to be the one hurt--”

   She hiccupped and grabbed Lara’ hand gently, smiling as her fingers slowly glided at the touch.

“I’m here for you… I want, no I need you to wake up--”

“Ms. Young, may I have a word with you?”

   Choi nodded her head, kissing Lara’ hand before walking to meet the doctor outside of the room. The hall empty and cold, nothing but his voice and Choi’ softly echoing.

 

“Would you like to know what happened?”

“Yes”

“She was ran off the road earlier, by an unknown person… She suffered a concussion, someone had called an ambulance and the paramedics had found her holding her arm and crying. She appeared to be out of it. Randomly rambling on about her mother… Telling us to talk to her, but nobody will answer. Shortly after the paramedics had taken a look at her, she smiled and then collapsed. We have held her hear for about 3 hours and she hasn’t responded to anything nor has she woken.”

“Comatose?” Choi asked tears streaming her face.

“Mhm… But we will see about the next few hours--”

“Oh--”

“Would you like some tea, coffee or--”

“No thanks I am fine.”

 

   Choi shook hands with Dr. King and returned to the room, swiftly back to Lara’ side. Looking at her sleeping, not moving except for her chest moving from breathing. Brushing her hand softly through Lara’ hair and kissing her forehead. Smiling, too fight the tears away, breathing in and preparing to take a brisk walk.

 

“Choi?”

She looked up at Baekhyun who was standing in the doorway.

“Thank God you are okay!” He slightly yelled, looking at Lara and back at Choi.

“Baek--” Choi mumbled out.

 

   Baekhyun made his was to her, pulling her trembling body into his chest, kissing her cheek and holding her.

“Shh… She will be okay--”

“How do you know--?”

“Because I have faith she will be perfectly healthy and fine--”

“Ah, I--”

“Shh.”

 

   Baekhyun stood there comforting her for what seemed like hours, waiting for her to stop crying and relax. Which in time she did, pulling herself to kiss him softly with her trembling lips before going to get water.

 

“I’ll go, you just sit here okay”

“Mmm--” Choi hummed.

 

   She watched as Baekhyun went to grab bottled water, and who knows what else. Choi decided to call Lara’ mom, to understand why her parents weren’t there. Listening to the dialing of the number, and on the second ring she answered.

 

“Choi, how is Lara?”

“Coma--” Choi choked on the words, which failed her.

“My baby girl”

“Why aren’t you here?”

“Have you seen her boyfriend?”

“No, why?”

“He is the one who ran her off the road--”

“What! I thought--”

“Lara came running home earlier, putting things in a suitcase, crying about him. Saying that she would rather runaway then die by him”

“Wah—what?”

“He is psycho! He ran her off the road, I just know it! Right after she came here and took her bike, saying she was going to stay in a hotel overnight. He showed up and when we wouldn’t let him enter the house he jumped in his car and drove off.”

“I thought he loved her--”

“You are wrong… Just please if you see him... Don’t let him near my baby girl!”

“I promise--”

 

   Choi said bye and sent prayers to Lara and her family; hanging up, she heard the sound of footsteps on the floor clacking. Turning around to see who it was, not sure if it was Baekhyun or not; her heart dropped and fear settled.

 

“Move!”

“No, you aren’t allowed in he--”

 

   The said man grabbed Choi by her hair, and tossed her into the door; she fell to the ground, holding her head.

 

“Somebody!” She cried out.

“Somebody HELP!” She screamed this time. “HELP!” was the final scream she could do before her vision blurred even worse.

 

   Choi blinked a few times, seeing how Lara’ boyfriend, Peter had his large hands wrapped around her neck. Crying at the sight and she couldn’t do anything but watch how he choked her out; Lara’s body unable to fight him off , just lying there useless.

 

“Choi!” She heard a voice scream.

 

   Looking through the door, slowly gliding her hand towards the room, a tear falling from her eye; she saw Baekhyun run into the room. Everything around her in slow motion, the sound warped and her body becoming heavy. Baekhyun had managed to get Peter off of Lara and something that shocked Choi as she was drifting. Was the sound of Peter screaming “You broke my arm” and Baekhyun replying with, “You’re damn right I did”. Choi had never seen Baekhyun act like that, she smiled faintly once people had run in and carried Peter out of the room.

 

   The tears that settled in Choi’ eyes, trickling down her face, once Baekhyun had picked her up and pulled her into his chest.

 

“You’re going to be fine--” He clinched his jaw, “Better than fine--” He whimpered out.

 

   Choi smiled, well tried and slumped over in his arms, too much had happened and her body decided to shut down.

 

 

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Let the Song Play On

 

 

“Lara!”

“Woah, don’t move so fast--” Baekhyun pressed her head to the pillow with the palm of his hand.

“Is she okay?”

“Yes she is fine, nothing but good news”

“What do you mean good news?”

“She--”

“He was strangling her last thing I saw--”

“Let me finish” Baekhyun pouted scooting closer to her.

“She moved”

“Really?”

“Mhm, Dr. King said that there is a possibility she will wake up very soon.”

“Ah… huh--”

 

   Choi exhaled and smiled at the ceiling, before getting up and walking weakly to the restroom.

 

“How long have I been out...? AH!”

“What?”

“My scar has been--”

“Yes, you had to get it stitched up again.” Baekhyun bit his bottom lip.

“How long?”

“You have been sleep for about an hour and a half.”

“Wow, I feel like I slept--” Choi pulled her hair back. “Baekhyun, you don’t have to be nervous, I am fine--”

“I just don’t want to see you like that ever again.”

 

   Choi walked over to the pouting and frazzled Baekhyun, hugging him tightly kissing his neck. Inhaling his scent and kissing his shoulder, running her hands up and down his back in a comforting way.

 

“Everything is okay, just like you said--”

“Winter--”

“Yeah, the winter curse--”

“Hmm, I was so very close to--”

“Really, it is okay Baek, don’t get angry over this--”

 

   Baekhyun exhaled and wetness slowly soaked Choi’ shoulder; she stood in surprise as he grew weak, demanding she hold onto him tighter. His body trembled with tears and soft squeaks and whimpers left him speechless. Choi held onto him tighter and tighter, afraid of losing her grip on sanity; on that happiness that was only tangible with him.

 

“Let’s get out of here--”

“Okay”

 

   Baekhyun wiped his tears and Choi finished wiping them for him, holding his tiny face in her hands. Making him smile by calling him cute and feathering kisses all over him.

 

“You seem tired--”

 

   Baekhyun kissed her softly, but in a more of needy way; he needed more of her affection to heal the pain. Choi kissed him deeper and sweetly, pulling away and pecking his lips; grabbing his hand and her items, ruffling his hair before checking in on Lara and leaving for Baekhyun’ place.

 

⌘ ⌘ ⌘ ⌘

 

   Baekhyun quiet on the way to his home and Choi still getting off of her anxiety run. The two thinking about what happened and how the situation has made things slightly awkward; not knowing if something needs a fix or if sleep would cure it.

 

   After a few minutes of driving Baekhyun pulled into his garage; opening the door for Choi and taking her hand. Not smiling at all, but something was cunning about the way he looked to her; his lips weren’t quite smirking either. His long slender fingers played with her hand, eyes met hers a few times as he walked her to his room. Choi made herself comfy on his bed and stared at the ceiling, breathing and seeing clearly now; the exhaustion calling for her. While she jogged through her empty mind, he engulfed her in his arms, kissing from her shoulder blade to her shoulder and up to her neck and jaw. Choi smiled and turned over to look at him properly, thinking of something to say, but silenced by his lips. For some reason no matter how much she tried to think, she couldn’t and he wouldn't let her either.

 

   Baekhyun kissed her continuously, for long periods of time, lingering here and there, tracing his slender fingers along her waist. Neither of them able to breathe half the time and neither of them wanting to stop. But time didn’t call for such acts; instead Baekhyun playfully kissed Choi and wrapped her up in his arms and blanket. Snuggling with each other until they managed to fall asleep.

 

 

⌘ ⌘ ⌘ ⌘

 

I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start
You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home

 

   Baekhyun shifted and kissed her cheek, smiling as he nuzzled his nose in her neck; making Choi giggle and smile. Turning over to kiss his pink lips, before asking where the song was coming from. He smiled reaching across her to turn his alarm clock off; playfully tickling her before sneaking a kiss again.

 

“This is one of my favorite songs”

“Hmm?” Choi hummed.

“The lyrics have a meaning to them that I only feel when I am with you”

“Hmm…”

“You are my precious gem, I will protect you always--”

 

   Choi kissed him once again, crawling out of the bed and running to the restroom to brush her teeth and brush her hair. Laughing as she noticed his hair all spiked up and wavy; smirking and biting her bottom lip.

 

“What?” he asked.

“When did you change your hair color?”

“Yesterday, for work purposes… Do you not--”

“I love it, and I prefer you without your normally brushed hair--”

“Is that so?”

“Yes” Choi giggled embarrassed from the looked he gave her.

   That looked that means he wants the answer as to why, she prefers him this way. Blushing and covering it with both her hands; she gave in to his puppy eyes and precious smile.

 

“You just look ier this way--” Choi covered her face from embarrassment.

“Hmm, really Princess” Baekhyun whispered to her, cunningly snaking his arms around her waist. “I think you look very adorable right now.”

“Hmm...” Choi hummed, smiling and biting her bottom lip, waiting for him to kiss her.

 

   when he did, her spine tingled and she cherish such a blissful moment. His kisses becoming more passionate lately, was overwhelmingly good for Choi. Baekhyun kissed her nose once he broke the kiss and went to go and change his shirt, pulling Choi with him.

 

“You can borrow my hoodie--”

 

   Baekhyun stopped, and looked at Choi; how she effortlessly came off charming in her own adorable way. A smile stretching along his lips as the minutes ticked; he admired her curvy figure, wavy hair and slightly tan skin. How she stood there looking through her phone, with a pout on her lips and the blush from earlier, fading. Smiling and chuckling to himself he mentally told himself…

 

I love you Choi 


AN: Hey Guys ^^ 

I have been away from writing anything lately =/ Like I haven't updated this story in who knows how long O_o?
Like seriously if you know comment below lol
But I am here with a near 4000 word update >v< I know I need to edit and everything else, but that will have to wait until I am done with my classes!
 
But feel free to comment below about errors if you see them ^w^ 
Love you sugar cookies and I hope you enjoy this update <3
Anyeong!