EX Best Friend

P.S. I Love You

p_by_risaz-d6wgg62.jpg EX Best- Friend 



   The season of love, as the white blankets cover the frosted streets, snowflakes falling gently pass the illumination of the night lights. The season where all you want to do is bundle up and enjoy the warmth, to be loved and held close, to drink hot chocolate with extra marshmallows, to throw parties and give cheers. That is what this season we call Winter , is supposed to bring, all of this, or are you supposed to already have all those things also known as blessings. Winter means, depth of true beauty, as everything goes into a restoration time, with its cold but ghostly beautiful imagery painting false warmth. When nothing feels better but soft kisses in the morning and ugly but charming sweaters to wear, including the colors of red and green burning brightly throughout the season. Snowball fights, Christmas Carols, festive music playing in all the stores, discounts on everything; as well as all of the commercials, that persuade you to buy your gifts early. It is simply rubbish, and to Choi, it was the holiday and season that nothing ever went well for her. She had been through a car accident last year, lost family and well had stress up to her neck; maybe above that leveled peak. But to her this year was supposed to be different, after all this winter season felt strange to her, and she didn’t know why.

 

“Yah! Are you listening to me?” Choi’ friend Lara yelled, annoyed by her not paying attention.

“I’m sorry, a lot is on my mind Late~” Choi began to apologize, but trailed off when she found a particular look on her friends face.  “Don’t look at me like that!” Choi snapped at Lara who was pretty much snarling at her.

“What is up with you? I called you out here to talk with you and~”

“No, you called me out here so you could about how well and bad your life is going; frankly I don’t give a !”

 

   Lara just sat there a gape as Choi, removed herself from the situation, practically running for the exit of the small café and out into the cold winter evening. Her heart racing and a smidge of bitterness lingering from her tongue, as she spat harsh words about her friend into the pure white snow.

 

“Why me? Why do you have to always whine to me! !” Biting her tongue once the words had dripped into the air.

 

   Covering and feeling her face heat up, tears building, growing weak at the knees; she couldn’t believe what she had just done to Lara. She had snapped on her and then cursed her into the snow; what had she done, made a fool of herself and well she wanted, more like needed to run back and apologize to her best friend. Catching her breath and wiping a few fallen tears, she ran back to the café, walking in; praying her friend was there but no she wasn’t. The wooden chair where they sat just a few moments ago, drinking the hot beverages eating a croissant each; was empty and all Choi could do was shut the door and walk numbly to her home.

 

What have I done?...

   After a few weeks, the avoiding of her friend annoyed her, and the worst part was just that; her friend wouldn’t hear her out. The millions of I am sorry for going off on you, please forgive me… Didn’t change anything, Lara still ignored her and didn’t receive it; so Choi made it simple.

 

“You know Lara, this is childish, if you won’t receive my apology and address yourself.”

“First of all, you screamed at me in front of everyone and~”

“Look at me! I apologized for what I did and what do you do?”

“I~”

“No you still complain about your life, when let’s look at the factors in yours, shall we?”

   Choi threw her hands up in the air, staring at Lara from across her lavish home, and tried to hold her burning tears in. Swallowing hard and wiping the few fallen ones away, she ran her hand through her hair; looking up at Lara who stood there staring at her in annoyance.

 

“You make me frustrated, do you know why? Because you live in this house that is decorated with polished and shiny objects; you have a piano in its on space, perfectly dusted by maids. You eat meals cooked by someone, and you can shop whenever you want as well as buy whatever car you want. Your closet looks like a ing library; with everything so neatly in its place and~”

“This is the fruit of my intelligence, what do you expect from me?  My dad is the owner of his own business and my mom is an interior designer, while I am a wedding planner and photographer, with a~”

“Oh you, I am done with you, from this day on we are no longer friends! I have been right there with you since we were 12 and all you can do to me after I lost… My… everything and ~” Choi stopped and blinked hard, wiping the loose tears away sniffing and exhaling. Continuing with her shaky voice.

 

“I lost everything, and you have all of it alive and healthy… But while I just recovered from my car accident, and you call me out to talk with you and catch up in person… You, just complained about your life being all horrible and another false things because you want attention, and that stupid boyfriend of yours isn’t giving you any~”

“GET OUT!” Lara scream at Choi, pointing her finger to the door.

“Just try to see what I went through, could you do that for me? Because just a few months ago I was lying in a pile of leaves, my body broken in places and the taste and sight of my blood painted places I couldn’t see. ”

“I SAID GET OUT” Lara, yelled once again still pointing at the door, tears itching to fall.

“You never visited, and I have no family to come see me…” Choi didn’t bother wiping her tears as she stared at her ex best friend forcing her attention to the floor before her.

 

“But yeah, your life is hard” She spoke without expression in her voice, shutting the door, and walking in the familiar cold.

 

   Choi, hiccupping and sobbing horrible sobs, as the flashback of the car accident she had went through, and the pain she endured, plaid her mind like a game of tennis. The world tilting and blurring as the tears fogged her vision…

 

I can’t feel my leg! Why can’t I Feel MY LEG!! AAAH! OH GOD SOMEBODY HELP ME!!
I just called for an ambulance, you will be okay, and they are on their way!
I can’t see, I can’t breathe! OH MY GOD I CAN’T FEEL MY LEG! Please….
Stay with me, stay right here, and keep your eyes open… I promise you will be okay…
Please…Keep Your prom~
 
Move out of the way! The paramedics screamed, pulling me up on to this contraption and the numbness of my body being jolted every which way. My head fell to the side and I saw a man with curly brown hair in a black coat or shirt maybe, I couldn’t see his face clearly behind the blood in my eye.

 

   Grabbing onto the nearby bench, her knuckles turning white from her firm grip, the color of her face disappearing as nausea spilled through her spirit. Nothing helping, not even the slow breathing and closing of her eyes, made this feeling stop.

 

“Hey miss, are you okay?” A man’ voice rang in her ear, all too loud for her to bear.

One final exhale and the holding of her chest, Choi replied. “Ah, I am fine, Thanks for asking.”

 

   Then casually left him standing there confused, she didn’t interact with him at all besides the reply; just walked around the corner and counted the steps until she was in her apartment, stripping of her hot clothing, running to the bathroom where all of it was flushed away for another day.

 

She seems familiar, I wonder why though…” The man whispered into the air.

 

   As he folded his gloves into his deep pockets, of his coat, and gathered his book into his bag, plugging his ears with instruments cheekily put together by Vivaldi, humming along. Until flipping to another arranged piece by Aaron Zigman, swaying long fingers in the cold, cutting through the invisible air, as if he was following the piano keys. Feeling at peace, in the gloomy December, as the music spoke to his spirit, moving accordingly to it like liquid. A nice smile playing at his lips, even when he walked into the café just a block away, opening the door, taking in the aroma of fresh coffee beans and the warming sound of whip cream.

“Ah, you’re here! Welcome back son!”

A tall man greeted the younger one, pulling him into a deep hug and kissing the top of his head, rubbing his back, with a jolly expression on his face.

“Hey Uncle, I have a present for you”

“Oh, my favorite little one has a present for old me?”

“Oh stop, I brought you back some desserts, from my trip”

 

The younger one pulled a bag with the word ‘Bakery’ labeled in elegant font, retrieving a rather large but small brown box out of it.

“I found this sweet smelling bakery just a little ways, from a random place I ended up in, when you know~”

“You let the music talk to you again…” The older one finished for him.

“Yes, Uncle I let the music talk to me again” The young one giggled and handed his uncle the box of baked goodies. “I wonder if you remember these~”

The elder picked up the box and opened it, eyes glossing over all of the contents, before he closed it and engulfed the younger one in his arms again.

“I haven’t seen these cookies since, your mom left us… How did you find them?”

“Like I said, the music spoke to me, and I wish mom would be able to bake like she used to.”

The older one, continued to hug the younger one, before releasing him from the hug and ruffling his hair.

“Well, I hope you find that person that sparks your creative side as much as these cookies do, have one?”

The elder one asked handing one madeleine to him, smiling brightly as the younger one retrieved it from his hand.

“So, what would you have me do? Uncle”

“Well, we close up at 9 pm so you can help me clean up?”

“Of course!”

 

The younger one beamed of happiness as he ran to the music stash, in the back, where he remembered it to be; running through all the music before clicking on one of his favorite pieces, by Dean Martin.

In Napoli,
Where love is king,
when boy meets girl,
here’s what they say...
 
When the moon,
Hits you eye,
like a big pizza pie,
that’s amore.
 
When the world,
Seems to shine,
like you've had too much wine,
that’s amore

 

The young one smiled boldly as the song began, quickly hanging his jacket on the coat hanger, running to the storage room to gather the cleaning gear. Returning to see a couple standing in the near distance, dancing to the song together. The image, so beautiful and fragile as the young one smiled and began sweeping the floor, and wiping down some counters.

Madeleine cookies and short cakes are just simple things…. He said to himself with a weakened smile.

Amongst the cleaning he sang along, when the stars, make you drool, just like a pasta fazool, that’s amore. When you dance, down the street, with a cloud, at your feet, you’re in love.

The last piece sticking to his lips like lipstick…

You’re in love…

 

   Meanwhile Choi, sat in her bathroom on the floor, thanking the toilet for being so cold on the side, but hating that her phone had rang constantly, lighting up with her friend, well ex friend’ face. Turning her phone off, and washing out with mouthwash, she pulled her long curly hair up, letting it flop back on her back as she turned the bath water on, testing the temperature before plugging the tub. When it was ready she followed plan and then walked slowly to her room, grabbing some clothing from the drawers in the organized space, returning to the bath tub. Slipping in, exhaling at the heat, but relaxing enough to keep her tired body awake. Staring at her toes and lifting her leg from the water, biting her lip as she saw the bruise from earlier; when she fell to her knees, vomiting into the toilet. Lowering it back in the water, closing. eyes and allowing the silence to speak to her; when the sudden urge to get in the bed made her anxious.

   Scrubbing and rinsing her body of soap, ringing the long curly hair out as well as unplugging the tub. Drying herself off, pulling her underwear and pajama’s on before staring at the reflection in the bathroom mirror. Pulling the red hair back, braiding it down the back, tying off the ends and running her hand over her right eyebrow. The scar, soft but rigid as the flashback of that day, was fresh like it was yesterday; the day she got fifteen stitches, to seal up her gash, above her eye. Not only on her face, from the windshield flying into her, but the scar on her left thigh from when the front left side of the car had pinned her to the ground.

Exhaling and walking normally to her bed, crawling in, getting comfortable with the plushness of the sheets. Closing her eyes, as she had so many times; trying to figure out what he looked like.

“Stay with me, stay right here, keep your eyes open… I promise you will be okay…”

His words still lingering in her subconscious, he was the reason she is alive today; and all she wanted to do was to thank him for those words. But she couldn’t see his face, nor remember his voice…



AN: Well Hey There Sugar Cookies!

How was this update? Did you like it? Please leave feedback below so I can see if I need to fix/improve ^^

This was a long piece to write for some reason, but I really like where this is going so I hope you will be there to find out <3 <3 

HAPPY DECEMBER 2nd!!!

I am inspired by the emotion of winter and the good and bad of this season.... 

If you don't like swearing, good for you! Because there will not be anymore, I just had to use it to express her anger. You will later find out about her personality in the story. 

Thanks For Reading XOXO XD