Chapter Five

The Ulzzang Next Door

The night was dark and cold. You were in Hyunnie’s family car, as his father drove his way to your neighbourhood. Today, Hyunnie had asked you to help her rearrange the display sections in the bakery and the closing time for the bakery was late. In exchange, Hyunnie asked her dad to drop you off near your neighbourhood when she was on the way home, because it’s dangerous for you to be waiting the bus alone.

These days, you have been going to work early and by bus, and even go home alone with the last bus. You haven’t walked pass or meet any of the guys next door this week, because you were so busy. You were really tired, but you’re glad that you don’t have work tomorrow. As the car stopped in front of a restaurant, you quickly thanked Hyunnie’s dad and Hyunnie herself, before going out of the car. You waved them, as the car started leaving and went out of sight.

You turned around and got in. Just as you were looking around, a familiar voice called you. You turned your face to the voice and your eyes widen in surprise, your lips forming a friendly smile. It was the guys next door, having dinner together. All seven of them. They waved as a sign of calling you closer, so you went to their table.

“Hey! Having dinner together today?” you asked, smiling.
“Yeah we are. Come and join us!” Kyung invited.
“Really? Can I?” you were really hungry, and it shows.
“Take a sit here Nadi-ah.” Taeil said, scooting to the side and left you a space.

You slowly sat and smiled at him, and he smiled back. The guy next to him was Jihoon, and Zico beside him. In front of you were Minhyuk, Kyung, Yukwon and Jaehyo. Just as Kyung was about to call the waiter to order, you stopped him.

“Wait, I need to call Bella first…” you said, and he nodded although he doesn’t know why. You took out your phone and dialled Bella’s number. After a few rings, she finally answered.

“Yoboseyo. Bella-ya, how are you feeling?” you asked worriedly.
“I’m still lying in bed… I want to continue sleeping…” she answered in a groggy voice.
“Are you okay? I’m at the restaurant. I could buy you food and go straight home right now…”
“No no it’s okay, you should eat first. But still… buy me food.”
“Right. I’ll be quick and get home. Just stay in bed okay?”
“Nae… Byee…” Bella said before ending the call.

You put the phone away but realized that Taeil was looking at you with questions written all over his face. You held down a laugh, seeing how adorable he was.
“You’re curious right? Bella caught a cold so she had to stay at home. I promised to buy food for her, but she said it’s fine if I eat first. I haven’t eaten anything since lunch…” you said, almost sighing.
“Why didn’t you eat?” Jaehyo asked.
“I don’t have the time… I wanna finish all the work at the bakery today so I decided to skip meals.”
“So want me to call the waiter now?” Kyung asked, cutting off your conversation. You nodded, and Kyung called out for the waiter.

After ordering and the food were all served, all of you started to eat. They were really lively, but despite everything, you didn’t care if people look at you or these noisy guys. All you want to do is eat. Once in a while, you would notice that Minhyuk glanced at you now and then. You didn’t look at him at first, but when you finally did, the two of you locked eyes.

“Is there anything wrong?” you asked in a friendly tone.
Minhyuk quickly shook his head.
Kyung looked at his hyung for a moment, before looking at you.
“I think he thinks that the way you munch the food was cute!” Kyung said, smiling.
“….What?” you blinked.
“Really. It’s adorable.” He emphasized further. You laughed awkwardly and just nodded before continued eating.

When all of you finished eating, it was time to go home. You actually wanted to pay for your own food, but they stopped you.
“Jaehyo hyung’s paying for everything, so it’s okay.” Jihoon said. Jaehyo looked like he doesn’t mind, so like it or not, he paid for your food anyways.

Since the apartment is just a few blocks away, all of you decided to just walk home. They told you that earlier they walked to the restaurant from the apartment too. Though you were exhausted, it’s fun to walk with a lively bunch of guys. It was really dark already, and walking with them made you feel safer. Apparently, you were walking at the very back of the guys, next to Jaehyo. It just feels natural, that you could just strike a conversation with him.

“Hey,” he started, “I haven’t seen you for almost a week…”
“I’ve been really busy. I leave early, but got home late. And we don’t even see each other at work too.” You giggled.
“If you want, Minhyuk hyung could send you to work and fetch you every day!” Kyung said. Though he walked at the front, he still could hear your conversations. Minhyuk shook his head in defeat, and you laughed.
“Hey it’s so dark here… This is dangerous.” Zico frowned. It really is, because the lights on the sidewalks doesn’t even lit up.
“Nadi-ah, don’t walk alone in dark places like this okay?” Jaehyo suddenly said.
You laughed again, “Don’t worry, I won’t. Even the roads at our workplace are well lit with lights.”
“Ahh, I won’t be here until next week, how am I supposed to not worry…” he mumbled silently, but you actually heard it.
“You’re worried about me?” you asked, blinking. “Oh but, where are you going?”
“It’s Christmas, of course we’re all going home…” Taeil said, and it finally clicked in your head.
“You’re not going back to Chuncheon?” Jaehyo asked.

You weren’t sure how to answer that. Honestly, the number one reason why you wanted to come to Seoul was actually because you wanted to take a break from your stressful family’s life. It’s like running away from your problems yes, but this is the only way you could think of to live happily.

You lowered your head, not attempting to say anything. Jaehyo glanced at you who suddenly became quiet, and he saw your rosy pink cheeks. He thought you suddenly felt sick. It’s cold, but you wore quite some layer of clothes and used a neck scarf that you bought for yourself the other day. Still, maybe your cheeks became rosy pink because of the coldness and exhaustion.

“Hey, are you cold?” Jaehyo asked worriedly as he tugged your arm. The two of you stopped in your tracks. You were surprised, so you looked up at him.
“I am but I’m okay. Why?” you asked back, eyes widen.
“You suddenly got quiet and your cheeks….”
“What’s with my chubby cheeks?” you said as you held your cheeks, puffing it.
Jaehyo stared at you for a bit, before his lips formed a smile. You frowned, and he started laugh.
“Ahh Nadi-ah, you’re so cute~” He chuckled.
You pouted and started walking ahead, leaving him. He gasped before quickly walking to match his steps to you. Seeing that you were quiet again, Jaehyo took out his phone and unlocked it.

“Nadi… Can you give me your number?” he asked, almost sounding like a whisper.
“No.” you bluntly replied.
“Why not?” he whined.
“Because I can!”
“Awww… I might be bored at home… Please?”
You looked up at him. “How old are you to be bored at home?!”
Even though you sounded mad, you took the phone on his hand anyways. You typed your number, before handing him back the phone. “If you tell anyone, I’m gonna peel you off, Jaehyo” you said. You sounded serious, but you were actually teasing him.  He nodded happily and smiled at you.

Yukwon glanced at the two of you and shook his head.
“These two are much more annoying than me and my girlfriend…” he said.
“You should watch how you and noona walked together and see for yourself, Kwon.” Zico said as all of you finally entered the apartment area. As usual, you had to go up the elevator.

This time the elevator was hella crowded because of these guys. You decided to be the last to get in, so you ended up standing at the front, next to Minhyuk. When the elevator arrived, you were the first one to get out, and the back of your right hand brushed against the back of Minhyuk’s hand. You didn’t notice it, but he does. And he was pretty surprised.

You bid everyone goodnight when you walked pass their door, and they waved you back. You thanked Jaehyo and everyone as they went inside their home, but just when Jihoon was about to go in, you stopped him. He was pretty surprised, since you don’t always talk to him.

“Jihoon, Jaehyo’s birthday is soon right? When exactly is it?” you asked in a serious tone.
Jihoon smiled like he usually does. “Are you interested in him?”
You frowned. “Asking about someone’s birthdate makes you think that I like that person?”
“I didn’t say you like him. I said ‘interested’.”
“Sheesh just tell me already!”
“It’s closer than you think. It’s on the 23rd” he whispered.
Your eyes widened in surprise. “What? Ah seriously why haven’t you guys told me earlier!”
“Because you didn’t ask earlier!” Jihoon playfully said.
“Fine. Thanks Jihoon” you said.
“You’re really lucky, Nadi-ah. Jaehyo hyung doesn’t always go shopping, but the other day he accompanied you. And even his ex-girlfriend doesn’t bother to . She was a bad girl…”
“….You’re talking so seriously it gives me chills, Jihoon.” You laughed.
“Okay good night. And tell Bella that I said ‘get well soon’.” Jihoon said, and you nodded. He then went inside the house, closing the door.

You skipped home happily. You prepared Bella’s food and prepared her medicine too, and you were smiling all the time. Bella noticed this, but she was too tired to ask. She was also happy that you were in glee that night, unlike the days before where you would always go home in a stressful and tired state.

Back in the guys next door’s place, Jaehyo was also happy for no reason. He was in a very good mood, and it annoyed Minhyuk. For some reason, the other members were really worried. These two guys might just fight with each other about a girl, or maybe not. They used to fight, and it wasn’t even a nice sight to see.

Zico was charging his phone in his room, and he saw Kyung walked in. He didn’t waste any time to ask;
“Kyung, won’t you do anything? For Nadi, I mean.”
Kyung looked at his friend. “What? I wasn’t actually serious about her. If Jaehyo hyung likes her than there’s no reason for me to get close to her aight?”
Zico shook his head and walked out of the room, leaving the smiling Kyung behind. Whether it’s a fake smile or not, only Kyung knows.

To be continued…

*********************************

Helloo. omg jaehyo's birthday is tomorrow kyaa im excited hehehe and today there's this buster thingy right omg mib and block b ahhhh ;;;; 
Alright enough fangirling hehehe thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing!! im glad people are interested with this fanfic hehehe see ya guys in the next chapter, bye~

p.s: dont worry my stories usually arent as complicated heheh