Chapter Three

The Ulzzang Next Door

“I told you, he’s someone from that other modelling company. We’re just friends!” the girl shouted, and her voice echoed in the darkness of the night.

You were standing not far from them, hiding behind a light pole. The light pole’s bulb was off, and it was dark from where you were standing. Thus, being unnoticed is easy.

Jaehyo narrowed his eyes. “I heard that a lot of times already, Lee Hana…” he spoke softly.
“Then why can’t we get back together again?! I only love you, oppa!” she shouted again. You frowned in annoyance. Her voice was annoying as hell.
“Ah… I’m sorry if I hurt you, but maybe we’re only meant to be friends…” Jaehyo said, trying to ease the situation.
The girl stomped her feet in anger. “I hate you Ahn Jaehyo! I won’t come back to this company again! You’ll regret losing me!” she shouted for the last time, before storming off to the parking lot hurriedly and entered a car, where her driver was in.

Jaehyo sighed. He turned around and walked away, sadness filling his eyes. You got out of your hiding place and followed him from behind, slowly walking and making sure that he doesn’t notice you. You were walking quite a distance behind him, and he looked like he didn’t notice you. After a while of walking, Jaehyo headed to the bus stop and sat at the seat. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

You knew it was the time for you to come near him. You put your hands in your coat pockets, and pretended that you had just found him there. Walking near him, you pretended to gasp in surprise.

“Jaehyo?” you called out.
Jaehyo turned to look at you, with a sorrow expression. “Hey."
You smiled and took a seat next to him. He looked at you for a few seconds, before looking back in front, lowering his head. The short moment passed with a silence.

“Hey… Have you ever went through a break-up?” Jaehyo asked, still looking down.
“…Of course?” you answered, lifting an eyebrow.
He sighed, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked that.”
“Ehh it’s fine. I got over it anyways.”
“Really…? How could you forget him so easily?” he looked at you.
You stared at him for a few seconds. “…Jaehyo, if someone breaks up with you, there’s only one thing to think to forget that person. She doesn’t deserve you.” You said, almost sounded like a whisper.
“But I was the one who asked for a break-up…” he sighed again.
“Because she did something wrong, right? Then it’s not your fault.”
“Not just something. There’s something that-“
“Then that’s a good cause to break-up with her. I’m sorry Jaehyo but you have to be a stronger person. You’re a guy! I may not be in the place to tell you this, but get over it and move on. There’s a lot of other people who loves you. It’s her lost!” you spoke in a serious tone, and he was taken aback.
“O-Okay… thanks” he smiled awkwardly, and you nodded in respond.

“So… we’re going home by the last bus?” you asked, trying to change the topic.
“I’m waiting for Minhyuk to pick me up. Do you want a lift?” he asked.
“Oh, well if it’s not much of a burden…”
“Sure. He won’t mind.” He ensured, and you smiled at him.

Just then, a car stopped right in front of the bus stop. As you saw Jaehyo stood up, you followed him. You assumed that Minhyuk had arrived. The back door’s window was rolled down, and Kyung popped out his head. He had a wide smile plastered on his face.

“You’re going home too? Come in!” Kyung invited you, and you nodded.
Jaehyo was about to open the back door, when Kyung pointed to the other side of the back door. Without much questions, he went to the other side and got in, while you got in at the door on this side, where Kyung politely opened it for you.

As you got in the car and closed the door, you saw Zico at the front seat, next to Minhyuk who was at the driver’s seat. He said hi, and you greeted him back. The speakers were blasting with some hiphop song that you don’t really recognize. Jaehyo was sitting at the other side, Kyung in the middle, and then there’s you. The car started to move, heading towards home.

You were sitting silently, looking out of the window while they were talking a lot. You noticed that Jaehyo was quiet though. Suddenly, Kyung called out for you. You quickly drove your attention away from the window.

“Hey… We still don’t know your name yet.” Kyung said, and Jaehyo’s interest perked.
“My name? Why?” you asked back, almost smirking.
“We can’t just call you ‘hey’ forever.” Zico sounded annoyed.
“Hmm,” you pretend to think, “I’ll tell you my name when we arrived later then.”
“What?!” Zico and Kyung said in unison.
“How old are you anyway?” Minhyuk asked as the car entered the parking lot of the apartment.
“I’m younger than all of you.” you said playfully as the car stopped, and you began to get out of the car.
“What’s with you? Why is there so much to hide??” Zico frowned and slammed the door close.
“You should call us ‘oppa’ then…?” Minhyuk said, and you gave him a look.

All of you headed to the elevator, and got in when it arrived. You stood at the very back of the guys, next to Jaehyo. Being the short person you are, everyone looked like giants. On the silent moment of being in the elevator, all of a sudden, you let out a squeaky sneeze. They turned their heads to look at you.

“Oops. Excuse me.” You said, smiling awkwardly. They let out a chuckle, and the elevator finally reached to your floor. You followed behind them, with Jaehyo walking behind you. He let out a smile, thinking how cute you were.

“Now, your name please?” Kyung said happily as Zico opened the door of their house and went in, not interested. Minhyuk and Jaehyo was standing behind you, full of curiousity.
You glanced at all of them, and waited for a few seconds, pretending to be thinking.
“It’s Chang. Na. Di.” You mouthed out one by one.
“So your name is Nadi?” Kyung asked again, just to make sure.
“Yup. Now you can sleep well, right?” you said playfully.
“…Right. Goodnight, Nadi.” Kyung said, and he went inside with Minhyuk behind him, waving at you.
“Goodnight!” you waved them, before letting out another sneeze.

Just as you turned around to leave, Jaehyo grabbed your wrist to stop you. You gave him a surprised look.

“Wait. Can you wait here? I have something to give you.” He said. You hesitated, before nodding.

Jaehyo went inside and you waited at the balcony, tapping your feet in idle. You felt really cold, and you get a feeling that you might get a flu or come down with a fever soon. Just then Jaehyo came out with a paper bag in his hands, and you snapped out of your thoughts.

“Sorry if I made you wait. Here you go.” He handed you the bag and you slowly took it.
“What’s this?” you asked, not bothering to look inside the bag.
“A neck scarf. I figured out you might get a cold if you don’t wear one.” he said.
“Oh, thank you so much!! I actually left some of my warm clothes back at home because my bag was too packed the other day. I’m planning to buy some clothes soon though...” you said, slightly embarrassed.
“Do you want me to accompany you? My schedule’s free on Sunday.” He smiled.
“Really?,” your eyes sparkled, “I really wanted someone to accompany me because Bella’s always busy during the day…”
“Sure. I can drive you to some boutiques…”
“Eh, will it be okay if we get on a bus instead? I don’t plan on buying branded stuff. Comfortable ones are fine for me.” You smiled back at him.
“Oh sure. See you, then.” He waved, smiling.
“Okay. Good night Jaehyo!” you waved him back, before turning around and quickly walked to your apartment and unlocked the door before going in. After losing the sight of you, Jaehyo finally got in and closed the door.

Just as he got in, Jihoon quickly called out for him.
“Hyung! Did you gave her the scarf? Wasn’t that supposed to be for Hana noona?” he asked.
“Shut up!” U-kwon nudged his arm.
Jaehyo shook his head and went to his room, ignoring his dongsaengs.
“Yahh, why did you ask that?!” Taeil scolded from the kitchen.  
Jaehyo who was inside his room, doesn’t even care about the scarf anyway.
“Chang. Na. Di.” He whispered slowly, smiling to himself.

Being inside your apartment, you took a very, very deep breath. You didn’t notice it, but your heart was beating furiously. Bella who just got out of her room, saw you in that state.

“Welcome home! Why are you standing there? Did something happened?” she asked from a cross the room.
You looked at her. “Bella… are ulzzangs supposed to be nice?”
“Attitude depends on the person, not on their type of individual. Why?” she asked back.
“N-Nothing, I was just asking.” You smiled, and slowly walked to your room. You put the paper bag on your study table and slumped on the bed. For some reason, you felt really happy. You couldn’t wait for Sunday to arrive…

To be continued…

*****************************

Hi! Yay for third chapter~ Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting and even reading this! I'm so happy that people are interested in this story <3 

See ya in the next chapter! Bye~