Chapter Four

The Ulzzang Next Door

You tapped your feet as you looked around, feeling nervous. It was finally Sunday, and you were waiting for Jaehyo in front of a station. The plan to go together from home changed, since he had a last-minute call from his manager to go to the studio. He had told you to wait him at the station in Myeongdong at noon, so here you are, waiting for him. It’s been past a couple of minutes since the promised time, and it’s getting cold.

Your right hand went to touch the scarf on your neck, the one that Jaehyo gave you. It felt warm, as if you could feel how warm he is for caring about you. Apart of you were actually in disbelief, that an ulzzang like him has a soft, warmer side too. A smile formed on your lips. Just then, a car stopped right in front of you and came out Jaehyo, waving away his manager before the car was drove away.

“Ah, sorry I made you wait!” he apologized, his face full of guilt.
“Oh, it’s fine! I just arrived here anyways…. 15 minutes ago…” you mumbled the last part of it.
“Eh… you wore the scarf?”
“This? Yeah… because I like it.” You blushed a bit.
Jaehyo paused for a moment. “So, should we go now?” he asked, looking excited.
“Sure!” you smiled.

The two of you then made your way to the rows of shops. There were people bustling everywhere, obviously because it was Sunday and Christmas is getting near. Walking through a crowd was the hardest part of it. With your short height, you kept being pushed and it annoyed you so much. You were walking close to Jaehyo, and sometimes he would glance at how you frowned and get annoyed of the people pushing you. He thought it was cute.

“Ah, Jaehyo” you called out, “can we go there?” you pointed to a clothing store a few shops ahead, still being pushed.
“Sure. Come here…” he said, reaching out for your hand.

Your eyes widen in surprise. He held your hand and made his way through the crowd, with you following close behind him. Since he’s a tall, good-looking guy, everything was advantageous for him. You felt happy, and your face was bright red already. Arriving at the store, you took a deep breath and sighed. “Finally… out of the crowd.” you thought. Jaehyo was still holding your hand, and you gently tugged away from him. Jaehyo smiled awkwardly at you, and you smiled back at him before making your way further into the store.

The clothing store was pretty huge inside, to your amazement. The prices were reasonable too. Jaehyo would sometimes advice you about the clothes, which probably the stuff that you weren’t really sure of. He was a really good help, and you were really thankful.

“Nadi-ah, why is that your clothes are mostly black?” Jaehyo asked as you were picking for another cloth.
“Well, my favourite colour is pink. But wearing black makes me look less chubbier, I guess?” you answered without looking at him.
“What? You’re fine just the way you are. Whatever they say, don’t let it get to you!” he said, looking at you with a serious expression.
You laughed. “I wish it was that easy, Jaehyo yaa~” you playfully said before skipping to the cashier counter, leaving Jaehyo alone.

After paying, the two of you went out of the store. A few hours passed, and you managed to buy a lot of stuff. You bought some snacks too, just in case. The two of you then finally made your way to a bus stop. Jaehyo insisted that you have to go home with him by Minhyuk’s car, and you had to agree. It was getting dark and cold, but you felt safe knowing that you’re here with a guy.

The two of you sat silently, as Jaehyo played with his phone. You were just staring into a blank space, your mind thinking various things, from food to your university classes that would start next year. Suddenly, you saw a lovey-dovey couple across the street. The girl was being all cute and bubbly with her boyfriend who seems to enjoy his girlfriend’s cuteness. Somehow, the scene annoyed you.

“Nadi? Why are you looking at them?” Jaehyo’s voice snapped you out of your thoughts.
“Nothing.” You lowered your head. “I’m just reminded of my ex… He wanted me to be someone who could give him all the attention, like that girl. You see, I’m not the type who likes to be all… giddy and cute. But he just doesn’t get it.” you sighed.
“But those kind of girls are quite annoying.”
You looked at him. “Really? Then do you like those pretty, y and classy types?” you giggled.
He chuckled, “I don’t know. What matters most is the heart, right? Female models are usually pretty only at the outside, but not all of them like that.”

You stared at him for a few moments. Thinking back, he is an ulzzang but he’s not a cold person, at all. Honestly, which good-looking guy would spend a day to shop with someone who they barely know? And today his hairstyle was different, and somehow, he looked handsome as hell.

“Oh! He arrived! Let’s go.” Jaehyo’s hand automatically went to pull your hand, and you were caught off guard. You grabbed all the paper bags in a haste and quickly followed Jaehyo to the car.

--------------------------------------------------------

You slumped yourself on the couch, taking a deep breath. After saying goodbyes to Jaehyo and Minhyuk, you finally arrived home. You leaned comfortably in the couch, wanting to relax a bit. All the shopping bags were next to you on the couch. Just as you closed your eyes, your phone vibrated in your pocket, making you jump in surprise. You took it out of your pocket answered it.

“Yoboseyo.” You greeted, half annoyed.
“Nadi! It’s me Bella. Are you home?”
“Yes… I just arrived. Where are you right now?”
“I’m out with my friends tonight. I might be home late, so just go to sleep without waiting for me okay~” she giggled.
“Right… Have fun!” you said in a cheery voice.
“Oh one more thing. Yesterday was B-Bomb’s birthday. I just remembered!”
“B-bomb? You mean Minhyuk? Okay... I might go wish him later.”
“No problem. And please wish him for me okay. Thanks and bye!”

With that, you ended the call. You looked at the clock hanged on the wall; it’s almost 8pm. You then looked over the stuff you had bought. If you don’t give Minhyuk anything, you would feel bad since it’s been a few times he and the others brought you home and you didn’t give anything in return other than a thank you. Unfortunately, there was nothing that you could give.

You then went to the fridge and opened it. Scanning through, a smile formed on your lips as you found a little, square mocha cake that you made just this morning. It was your first time making it after having worked at Hyunnie’s bakery for a few days, and you were actually planning to eat it with Bella that evening. Oh well, you could always make another one anyways. You took it out happily and went to the door, heading out.

Arriving at the door, you adjusted your hair a bit and cleared your throat. You took a deep breath and began to knock the door quite forcefully, just in case. The door was then being opened by Minhyuk himself, as his eyes widen in surprise at the sight of you.

“Hi! Happy belated birthday Minhyuk! From me and Bella.” your voice attracted the other people in the house.
“Oh, it’s Nadi?” you heard Kyung’s voice from inside.
“H-How did you know?” Minhyuk stuttered.
“Of course I know.” You smiled triumphantly. You then held out the cake for him. He looked like he still couldn’t believe his eyes, and in the end Jihoon came from behind and pushed him away.
“Thank you for the cake! We’ll eat it well!” Jihoon said happily before going in with the cake.
“You’re welcome! I made it myself, so I hope it turns out okay…” you said.
“Thank you so much, Nadi-ah..” Minhyuk smiled, and you nodded in response.

Just as you were about to excuse yourself, Jaehyo came from behind Minhyuk.
“Ah, my birthday is next week…” Jaehyo said, sounding like it’s the most natural thing to say.
“Really? I’ll prepare something for you too, then?” you smiled, and Jaehyo’s eyes sparkled with anticipation.
“Oooo, Jaehyo hyung is jealous!!” Jihoon shouted from the back, and the two guys looked at each other awkwardly.
“Well I’ll be going now. I have work tomorrow… and thanks again, Jaehyo. I’m seriously thankful that you’re willing to go shop with me today.” You said.
“Sure, anytime.” He replied, and you wished the two guys good night before waving them off, walking quickly back home.

“Jaehyo, you gave her the scarf?” Minhyuk asked as he closed the door.
“Yeah. I think it suits her better.” Jaehyo replied as he walked to the kitchen.
“She does look pretty…” Minhyuk mumbled, and for some reason, Jaehyo’s eye twitched in annoyance.

Jihoon who was looking at the scene in front of him, nudged Taeil’s arm who was sitting beside him.
“Hyung, do you sense a love triangle?” he asked.
“Yeah. What a tensed atmosphere Jihoon-ah” Taeil said, glancing at the two guys.
“Yahh, this ain’t a love triangle.” Zico who was sitting next to Taeil, whispered to them. “I’m telling you, Kyung took an interest on her too. He just doesn’t show it... for some reason”
Jihoon and Taeil looked at each other, before shrugging it off. It’s none of their business anyways.

To be continued…

*******************************

Hello~ Yay for 3rd chapter! This chapter is like happening today lol what a coincidence hehehe. I hope you guys liked this chapter! And I hope this fanfic will get more love >w<

Anyway, thank you for taking your time to read this and to subscribe. I love you!! ^^ Bye~
p.s: do follow my bbc twitter here :3