Chapter Ten

The Ulzzang Next Door

Hearing the news of Jaehyo being back with his ex, your mind literally went blank for a moment. But it wasn’t long, before you regained your normal expression and curled your lips into a smile, pretending that you were happy for him. He was still nervously looking at you, and he doesn’t even know how much it hurts.

“You see,” Jaehyo continued, “right after I text you the other day, she texted me. She said she wanted to meet me… So I did. Just yesterday, I met her and… I think she’s trying to change herself, so I decided to give her a second chance.”
“Wow, that’s good then! So… why are you telling me this?” you said, still putting that fake smile on.
“It’s just that… I wasn’t sure myself. Is this the right decision to make?” he wondered.
You blinked. “Well, it’s your heart we’re talking about, not mine. I bet you still love her, so it’s fine!”

He was about to say something, when your phone rang. You smiled awkwardly before taking it out of your pocket, knowing that the caller was Bella. You picked it up and talked in a low voice. You missed your bestfriend so much, and hearing her voice after a long while brought you joy. She told you that she had just arrived home, and you thought that it would be a great excuse to go home now. Ending the call, you looked at him.

“I’m sorry, but I think I have to leave now. Oh but Jaehyo, I’m really happy for you! This time, make it work, alright?” you then stood up.
“Ah, but-“
“Don’t worry, if there’s anything just tell me. See ya!”.

You quickly made your way to the door, but before you could open it, the door was opened from outside. You looked up to see who it was, only to know that it was Minhyuk. He was surprised that you were there, and you giggled quietly before bowing and making your way outside. Minhyuk was really dumbfounded.

He closed the door and went inside with his bags. Seeing Jaehyo sipping his drink at the kitchen counter, with another drink in front of him, he knew that you were having a conversation with Jaehyo earlier. After leaving his bags in the living room, he flopped on the couch and looked at Jaehyo, and Jaehyo looked back at him.

“What did you talk about with her?” Minhyuk asked, sounding like he was mad.
Jaehyo put his drink down. “Yah, why are you mad?”
“I’m just asking.”
“I’m going out with Hana again, and that was all that I get to tell her. She was only here for 15 minutes.” Jaehyo said matter-of-factly.
“What? You're going out with that...? But anyway, you told Nadi about that?” Minhyuk was surprised.
“Yeah, because she’s a good friend. She even gave me support!”

Minhyuk sighed. He then stood up and began to walk to his room.

“You know Jaehyo, sometimes you’re just dumb. Very dumb”. Minhyuk said, before closing the door of his room.
“What the?” Jaehyo frowned, clueless.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Days passed, and it was finally the day for your first class at university to start. You woke up earlier than you should, not feeling excited at all. After getting cleaned up, you did a last check on your books. The room of your door was knocked, and came in Bella. You wished her a good morning, before continued checking your stuff.

Bella leaned on the wall, crossing her arms as she looked at you.
“Nadi-ah, are you okay?” she asked.
You glanced at her. “Of course I am…?”
“You don’t look fine. Is your dad still…? But I think there’s more of it that you didn’t tell me…” Bella was worried.
You paused for a bit, before sighing. “I wish I could tell you…” you mumbled. “Don’t worry about me, okay? Worry about yourself first!” you smiled, before making your way to grab something to eat in the kitchen for a quick breakfast.

After waving your goodbyes, you left for your class. Since it was still early, you were glad that there are low chances of you being late. The bus arrived shortly after, and you happily got on it. As you were sitting in the bus, your phone vibrated. You smiled, reading a good luck text from Bella. You took a deep breathe in, wanting to start the day with a smile and a new spirit.

There weren’t any real classes in the morning, only introductions of various things. You get to know new friends, new things, and mostly, new experiences. Your mind was filled with only about studying, and though some things sounded scary in this new part of university life, you were happy either way.

Afternoon came, and it was time to go home. Though it was just your first day, some lecturers had been telling everyone to do a little bit of this and that. Just by thinking of it made you stressed, but you shook it off. Since you have a lot of time, you decided to go and check out Hyunnie at the bakery.

While you were walking to the bus stop, a female figure caught your eye. She was walking into a café with two other pretty girls. You knew well of the weird ‘fabulous’ style, and it annoyed you. She was Lee Hana, and now, Jaehyo’s girlfriend. Curiousity kills, but there is nothing wrong to it for you. You began to enter the café as well, and took a sit near them without even covering your face. She won’t even remember you anyway.

It’s wrong to eavesdrop, but as always, you don’t even care.

“Girls, I can’t believe Jaehyo accepted me back just like that~” Hana said in happiness. You noticed that her friends rolled their eyes in annoyance.
“Why did you lie, Hana? You told us that you don’t love him anymore but you told him that you wanted him back. What the hell?” her friend said with a frown.
“Yeah. Our agency has a bunch of other good-looking guys.” The other friend said.
“I know! But you see, Jaehyo’s really popular among my other friends. I could show them that me, a pretty ulzzang, could get another popular ulzzang as a lover.” Hana replied proudly.
“You just wanted his fame? Aren’t you popular already?” her friend asked.
“Well, more fame wouldn’t hurt darlings.” Hana winked.

Hearing the conversation, you feel like your ears were gonna bleed. It was hurtful, because she was using Jaehyo as if he was a freaking toy. If you had anything near you, you would have thrown it at her face. Not wanting to create a scene, you stood up and stormed out of the café, heading to your workplace.

The last person you wanted to meet was of course, Ahn Jaehyo. Unfortunately, upon pushing the glass door of the bakery, you were surprised to see him there. He was at the counter, talking with Hyunnie. You slowly walked to the counter and looked up at him, waiting for him to realize that you were there. When he finally looked at you, he was surprised as well.

“Eh, Nadi?” Jaehyo asked.
“It’s your first day of class today right? What are you doing here?” Hyunnie’s turn to ask.
You grinned awkwardly. “Ah, it was just orientation today. I just came by to help, Hyunnie”.
Seeing you, Jaehyo smiled. “Well, I’m going now. See ya!” he turned around to walk away.
“Jaehyo! I have something to tell you!” you unintentionally shouted,  making him stop at the door.
“What is it?” he asked.
You looked at Hyunnie, who was frowning in confusion before looking back at Jaehyo. “Ah… I… Let’s go home together today?”
He paused for a bit. “Sorry, I'm going for a dinner with Hana today... maybe sometime later, okay?”
You nodded, before waving him as he walked out of the bakery.

You then looked at Hyunnie, your mouth trying to formed sentences to say. No words came out, just hand gestures. Hyunnie let out an airy laugh before patting your shoulder.

“If this has to do with feelings, you’re more than welcome to tell me” Hyunnie said, smiling.

After calming down, you told her about Jaehyo being back together with Hana, and what happened earlier when you saw her at the café. Hyunnie cursed under her breath at the mention of Hana’s name.

“The thing is,” you said, “I really wanted to help him. He deserve more than that Hana girl…”
“Yeah, you deserve him, Nadi.” Hyunnie replied in a serious tone. “You do know that you’re falling for him, right?”
You shyly nodded. “Well, this is not my first time falling in love. But ulzzang are really…. Like that. Jaehyo is different, but I think he was dumb to not see the very true face of Hana.”
“And that is why, my friend,” Hyunnie pointed her forefinger at you, “should be with him.”
“How the heck is that possible?”
“Go out with him! Tell him to ditch that !”
You frowned at the suggestion. “It’s easier said than done…”
“I’m sure you know what to do, Nadi. You have plans in your head, I know.” Hyunnie wriggled her eyebrows. You giggled and let out a small smile.

“Fine, I’ll try my best…” you mumbled. "I thought I don't have to deal with when I'm in Seoul. Guess I was wrong  from the very start..." you thought.

To be continued…

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Helloooo. My ideas are overflowing right now lmao anyway here you go! It feels nice when the bad girl is an OC because you won't be hating any idols huhu (sorry idk anyone with the name Hana i think). Idk how life in college/university so I'm sorry for errors okay.

You might think that I get carried away with the plot, but this is the plot lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting. Till the next chapter aight, bye~