Yixing x Gangster II

EXO's Girlfriends (series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

020514.

Note:

Bold characters are happening at the present time. While the normal characters are happening in flashbacks.

 

 

Chapter 2

 

"Wow. You talk as if you're a man of wisdom," Jongdae joked and the rest of the guys laughed.

"Shut up, Jongdae. I was just trying to help," Yixing said, not slurring his words for the first time.

"Okay. Let's get on with the story, can we?" SeHun said and Yixing nodded, his eyes almost drooping.

"Here's what happened." And he continued.

 

 

It was a weekend. Hee Young woke up quite too early and couldn't get back to sleep so she decided to go out and take a walk. It was still chilly in the morning but since it was hard for her to wear a jacket, she just went out wearing the sweater she was wearing for the night and began walking with earphones in her ears.

She remembered how Eun Hee cried to her the night before, saying how sorry she was because she couldn't play for the league from saving her. She assured her that it was okay, that she knows that Eun Hee would've done the same if she was on her place. Eun Hee stopped to cry a little later, when her phone rang and she answered to find out that it was Jong In. Hee Young smirked at her and shooed her away to get some space for herself and Eun Hee grinned before hugging her and walking out the room.

She sighed. No matter if she gets mad or not, nothing could change the fact that she couldn't play for the game. It just that it had to happen when there was an approaching league semi-finals. She kicked a lone stone on the ground and unfortunately, it hit another person. She didn't notice it though not until the person came up to her and her eyes widened.

"You again?!" She said and Yixing rubbed the back of his head which was hit by the stone. He was picking up the basketball he was playing with when a stone hit him and it surprised him that it was Hee Young.

"Strike two." Yixing said with two fingers up and Hee Young coughed awkwardly. "Sorry?" Yixing smirked and it made Hee Young's cheeks burn.

"Whatever." She muttered and started walking away but Yixing called her back. "I'm playing basketball. Do you wanna join me?" Hee Young glared at him.

"Are you blind? You're playing fun of me, aren't you?" Hee Young said and Yixing grinned.

"No. Not really. You could still shoot with one hand, can't you?" Hee Young hesitated. She hated being treated weak so she smirked.

"Fine."

 

 

"Are you sure you could shoot with one hand?" Yixing asked, although teasing, he was worried. After all, he was aware that Hee Young is sprained. Hee Young raised an eyebrow at him and smirked.

"I'm a baseball player, remember? My arm is stronger than it seems." Yixing smiled in amusement. He nodded and looked over at the hoop. 

They agreed that whoever gets twenty-one points first would have a punishment. Hee Young was bold to suggest that but Yixing approved. With rock-paper-scissors as their base who would play first, Hee Young won. She stood in front of the hoop, on the free throw line while Yixing stood at the side, watching. An amused smile never left his face as she watched her strategizing on how to make the ball enter the ring. After a good minute of thinking, she finally lifted the ball and threw it. He made sure though that she wouldn't strain herself because he didn't want himself to be another cause of her pain.

 

 

The two were panting right after the game. They sat on the bench and Yixing was wiping his face with his towel he brought. He was staring at Hee Young with a smile on his face, trying not to laugh. He couldn't help it especially if the girl was unconsciously pouting, huffing and puffing with sweat trailing down her face. Before Yixing could catch himself, with his spare handkerchief, he wiped away the sweat on Hee Young's forehead, shocking them both. Hee Young froze on her place, as well as her heart as it stopped for a second. She turned to Yixing with an unreadable face and Yixing awkwardly laughed. "You were sweating. Here." He said and handed her the handkerchief which she took mindlessly.

After a few minutes of silence, Yixing finally broke it. "I won." He smirked and Hee Young inwardly groaned.

"I know." Hee Young bitterly said. "I could've won if I'm not injured." She reasoned out but Yixing just shrugged.

"But you are." He teased and Hee Young glared at him.

"What is it?" She asked, too eager.

Yixing didn't have to think of it as he slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and smiling. "I'll tell you when you recover. So you should get well fast." Yixing smiled before turning and leaving. "See you around, Jang Hee Young."

Hee Young sat there motionless as she stared at Yixing's back in confusion but the sound of her phone ringing brought her back to reality. She got it out and her eyes widened. ". It's already ten!" She got up on her feet and started jogging back to her place. Yixing stopped and looked back, hearing what Hee Young said. He silently chuckle before checking the time on his watch.

"That Yi Fan. Didn't even show up. Time to wake up the sleepy head." With a smile on his face due to the game or maybe the bitter look on Hee Young's face or the pout of her face or maybe, it's just because of her, her presence that morning that made the day start interesting, he headed towards his friend's house who should've been his opponent earlier.

 

 

The twelve of them gathered inside JoonMyun's room, which was to mention pretty large for a one-person room. BaekHyun, ChanYeol, Jongdae, Jong In and SeHun sat in front of the TV, playing PS3. 

"Yah! Oh SeHun, get out of the way!" Jongdae shouted as he tried maneuvering.

"Not a chance hyung!" The younger said.

"I'm winning!" BaekHyun said excitedly only to be pushed by ChanYeol, making him lose hold of his controller.

"Ahahaha! I'm winning!" ChanYeol shouted but in a few seconds, the TV flashed, "Player 1 wins' and that was Jong In. 

"Damn it! ChanYeol it's your fault! Jong In won again!" BaekHyun whined and Jong In smirked while ChanYeol grinned.

The oldest hyungs sat on the couch watching them with different reactions. "Are they seriously high schoolers?" Kris muttered.

JoonMyun came right after, followed by maids with some snacks. "Yah, kids. Go and eat first." He said, calling the five guys in front of the TV over. The five immediately went over, hungry from almost an hour of playing. They gathered around the coffee table, some on the couch, some on the floor, munching on the cookies, junk foods, and drinking.

"Did you go here to mess my room?" JoonMyun groaned and the others laughed.

"Not really but I guess that's what happened." Jongdae said.

LuHan who had been quiet than usual, just doing some small talks since they all came just sat there quietly eating. It wasn't missed by the others and it got them worried. They were aware of what happened and it was sad since exams are coming up and it might get him distracted and they knew how his parents are pretty strict about his studies. They looked at each other, thinking who should go and open up a conversation but everybody seemed to be nervous. Finally, after much hesitation, ChanYeol spoke up.

"Hey LuHan hyung." ChanYeol called and LuHan looked up to him. ChanYeol nodded his head to the two persons beside him and SeHun and Jong In immediately pulled on his cheeks.

"A-Ahhh. Yah!" LuHan said making the two stop while the others laugh. "What are you doing?" LuHan massage his cheeks which turned red from the pinching the two did.

"We're trying to make you talk." Yixing said and LuHan narrowed his eyebrows.

"I am talking, ain't I?" He said quite sarcastically and BaekHyun rolled his eyes.

"You are but it was so not you, hyung." BaekHyun said, making LuHan sighed.

"Sorry guys. I'm just not that feeling good." LuHan explained.

"We know what happened and it is just normal for you to feel that way but you should still have fun." Tao said.

"I know. I'm sorry." It turned quiet for a while before JoonMyun clapped his hands.

"Okay then. Let's not talk about such saddening stuffs and be all dramatic, okay? Let's just have fun." He smiled and they smiled, nodding.

"By the way," Jong In said, looking at Yixing, "Don't you guys notice how Yixing hyung is paying Hee Young more attention?" He said, making Yixing's eyes widen. The others already got suggestive looks on their faces, those that would make you really nervous and annoyed at the same time.

"Oh... Tell us hyung, what's up between you two?" Jongdae inquired, smiling teasingly.

"What are you guys saying. There's nothing between us, okay?" He said.

"Then how do you explain you playing basketball with her early in the morning, to mention that she's even injured?" Jong In said and the others were surprised.

"You let her play?" LuHan asked and Yixing turned beet red.

"How?" Kyungsoo finally joined in the conversation.

"Guys, easy okay? I didn't force her. I asked her if she wanted to play---"

"You know she's injured. Why ask her?" Minseok questioned, with a little tease in his voice. Yixing sighed.

"Let me finish, okay?" He said and they all pursed their lips.

"Go on." JoonMyun said.

"I asked her if she wanted to play and she said how could she play with a broken arm and I , saying if she's just going to back down just because of it." He raised his hand up, seeing some of them about to react. "I did that because I know she didn't want to be looked down even if she had a cast. I didn't want her to feel incapable just because of it." He said.

"Ohhh... Who knew you had that side?" Kris teased and the others laughed, agreeing. He rolled his eyes.

"So yeah. That was basically it and I wouldn't have been alone there if only you came." Yixing said and Kris pretended not to look. 

"That's why." BaekHyun laughed. "Why do you care so much, then?" He teased and the other nodded.

"As a friend."

"The question is, does she see you as one? No offense." SeHun said, putting his hand up.

"Bulls eye." Jongdae said and Yixing kept quiet, thinking. 

She might've just noticed him not long ago, he doesn't know, but for him, he knew her and saw her for quite a while now. He doesn't know how she sees him but for him, she means more like a friend but a little different, something like a guy friend wanting to protect his 'girl' friend. That's what it is for him. At least, that's what he thinks.

 

 

It was during break when the whole campus was filled with whispers, curious voices, and gossips. It was spreading like wild fire and different stories were already passed on. They don't even know the real story. But that's campus life, isn't it? Everywhere they went, people looked, stared, whispered, gossiped.

Hee Young turned the corner but the same tall handsome Chinese guy was at her tail, following her. She was already getting annoyed but whenever she turns around, wanting to snap at him, she couldn't. He looked too innocent. Too nice. Too cute. Too handsome. "What am I saying?!" She muttered. She was also getting frustrated at herself because this is so not her. 

Patience Hee Young. You owe him... She thought to herself and at the back of her head, A lot, echoed and it made her more and more annoyed.

"Where are you going? Are you not eating?" Yixing asked, trying to match her pace. Hee Young ignored him thinking he would finally get tired and leave but to her dismay, that wasn't the case because Yixing continued to follow her. "Hey. Hee Young," Yixing called, patting her on the shoulder. Hee Young ignored him yet again and continued walking until she spotted the library and a small grin reached her lips. She walked in the library hoping it would make Yixing shut up.

But it didn't.

"Are you going to study? You want my help?" He said in a soft voice. When she turned, Yixing was smiling as if nothing could ruin it. It made her heart jump so she turned around and hurriedly walked to a table and settled down.

As she sat down, she brought her notebook out and pretended to do something. Yixing had already settled himself opposite from her and it made her so uncomfortable. The looks that were on their way made her more annoyed. She was used not getting so much attention that's why these amount of eyes on her irked her.

"What are you writing? Hey. Can't you answer me?" Yixing asked and she groaned. She dropped her pen and looked up at him with that uninterested eyes.

"Can you please... Keep quiet?" Shut up. That is what she wanted to say, but she couldn't. Yixing pursed his lips and she sighed looking back to her notebook. She doesn't even know what to write but she just did. When she thought that Yixing had finally got tired, she glanced at him and found him looking around the library, with his lips pouting. And she squeezed her eyes shot looking down to her notebook.

Don't mind him. She told herself and decided scribbling on her notebook. When she was pretty sure Yixing had given up, the guy just had to tap his finger on the table, trying to capture her attention.

"I'm bored." Dang it.

 

 

This continued on for days and the EXO members had already noticed this behavior of their friend. It amused them because nobody really got Yixing's attention ever since they had met him. 

"Looks like somebody already capture our unicorn's eyes," Minseok said, smirking. 

"But I feel really bad for her. 'Cause look," Kyungsoo said, nodding his head to the cafeteria's door. The boys looked over and saw none other than Hee Young entering with Yixing following her behind, talking while Hee Young seemed not to care.

"I think we should rescue the poor girl for a while," ChanYeol said and the others laughed. "Yixing hyung!" He waved his hand in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter