Jong In x Nerd II

EXO's Girlfriends (series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

120113.

Note:

Bold characters are happening at the present time. While the normal characters are happening in flashbacks.

 

 

Chapter 2

 

"Oh! Right right! I remember!" ChanYeol shouted. "Weren't you two---"

"ChanYeol hyung!" Jong In said, knowing what the next words would be. 

"Shush! The story's just getting exciting!" Kyungsoo said.

 

 

The tutoring session started. Eun Hee was so reluctant to sit but she had no choice because it was tasked to her. The books needed were opened on the table while Eun Hee was talking, pointing at the important details.

"This is the---" Eun Hee stopped, feeling a pair of eyes on her. She sighed inwardly before stopping and looking up. Jong In was staring at her with adoring eyes, his head resting on the palm of his hand. Eun Hee groaned. "Kim Jong In."

"Hmm?" He asked, still looking at her. She rolled her eyes putting down her pen on the table and leaning on her seat. Jong In followed her with his eyes and he frowned when Eun Hee crossed her arms.

"Why did you stop?" Jong In asked.

"Why are you staring instead of listening?" Eun Hee backfired and Jong In sat up. Now they're having an eye to eye contact.

"I was listening."

"No, you're not." 

"Yes, I am." Jong In said. Eun Hee raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed. "Fine."

"Did you ask to be tutored just to annoy me?" She said and Jong In felt hurt by this words. He looked down.

"So I was just an annoyance to you..." Jong In said in a soft voice and Eun Hee bit her lower lip. "I'm sorry for taking up your time then." Jong In dejectedly and he got up, getting his bag that hung on the chair he was sitting on. He took slow steps, wondering if Eun Hee would try to stop him but he already reached the door and she didn't do anything. He sighed but faintly smiled, walking out.

 

 

The next day of tutoring, Eun Hee came extra early to make up for the last time she was late. She sat at the table they sat before and patiently wait. Five minutes had passed and yet, Jong In still didn't came.

"Maybe he had somewhere to go first." She thought before putting out the book for Math that she'll be teaching Jong In today. She reviewed for a while until fifteen minutes had passed with no sign of Jong In still.

Jong In stood by the doorway of the library, watching Eun Hee flip the pages of the book, looking at her watch from time to time. He wasn't late. He was even twenty minutes early but he wanted to see if Eun Hee would leave even if he doesn't show up for long. He checked his watched and saw that it had been thirty minutes yet Eun Hee still sat there, waiting. A small smile graced his face before he finally walked in.

He walked to the table where Eun Hee sat and as soon as he drew the chair back, Eun Hee still had her look on the book. He could already feel Eun Hee's rage because he was so late. Eun Hee only looked up when he already sat down.

"Hi." Jong In smiled. Eun Hee looked at him with a straight face.

"Let's get started." She said without any more words. Jong In was surprised yet he just listened and unlike the last time, he tried to focus on what they were doing. 

"Isn't this supposed to be here? And it's a positive! Why make it negative?" Jong In said and Eun Hee explained to him again for the nth time.

"It's because you are transposing it to the other side! How many times do I have to tell you?!" Eun Hee said, earning looks from the other people in the library, including the librarian.

"Shh. You're in the library." The librarian warned and Eun Hee apologized while Jong In grinned.

"What are you grinning at?" Eun Hee said, annoyed.

"Nothing. You were saying?" Jong In smiled. Eun Hee rolled her eyes before continuing on tutoring him.

Twenty minutes had passed and they were already given three warnings because they have been creating too much noise. They were also disturbing so many other tutors and tutees. When thirty minutes passed, they were already kicked out.

"Look what you did!" Eun Hee said, so angry that they were asked to leave and they still had an hour of tutoring.

"It's not my fault you easily get mad." Jong In said.

"But you're the reason why I get mad!" Eun Hee said.

"I'm asking nicely but you shout at me. Not my fault." Jong In shook his head. Eun Hee got tired arguing that she just turned. "Okay. I'm sorry. How about we eat out? We still have an hour, right? My treat, don't worry. It's also to make it up for making you mad." Jong In smiled.

"No thanks." Eun Hee said, walking away but Jong In caught her hand and started dragging her to the school's gate.

"C'mon. Don't be shy." Jong In said and Eun Hee tried pulling her hand away.

"I'm not shy. Can you let go of me?" Eun Hee said.

"No. You still owe me yesterday." He said and Eun Hee's eyebrows narrowed on him.

"Excuse me? I owe you? If it's because I was late yesterday, you were late today so I guess we're already equal." Eun Hee said but he didn't say anything until they reached the gates.

"Wait. Guys, am I seeing what I'm seeing?" Jong Dae said, amused at the scene from the distance. The other guys looked at the direction he was looking at and they too were surprised.

"Looks like Jong In is moving too fast." LuHan said, a smirk on his face.

"Let's call him." BaekHyun suggested and before anyone could stop him, he cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted. "Yah! Kim Jong In!"

Jong In and Eun Hee stopped and turned at the loud voice and his eyes widened to see his friends mischievously looking at him, especially at their hands. Eun Hee got the chance to pull her hand away that time, embarrassed to see her best friend Mi Sun, with them.

"Are you two heading somewhere?" ChanYeol asked, a smug look on his face.

"No." "Yes." The two replied in chorus.

Jong In looked at her before turning to look at his friends again.

"Yes. We're going to eat. How about you guys?" He asked.

"That's great! We're about to eat also. Why don't you guys join us?" Yixing said.

"Sorry, but I really have to go---"

"We still have an hour of tutoring but we got kicked out so sure, we'll join you." Jong In said because he knew that she wouldn't come unless others would insist. "It's okay right, Mi Sun?" Jong In said, glancing at Eun Hee's best friend.

"Yeah." Mi Sun nodded, encouraging Eun Hee to come. "I think it would be fun." She smiled, grinning together with her boyfriend LuHan.

Jong In leaned in on Eun Hee's ear, gently speaking. "Come on. It's my treat anyways." He glanced at her face to see how would she react and Eun Hee sighed, nodding her head in surrender.

"Fine." She answered simply, making the guys cheer for their dongsaeng. She rolled her eyes and walks ahead, Jong In immediately following to her side.

 

 

Little did they know, two girls were hiding behind a tree and literally spying on them.

"Another girl was added in their group! And she's with Kai!" The girl who's peeking behind the tree said. She pouts her lips as she saw Kyungsoo walking with his friends, joining in on teasing Jong In to the girl he's crushing on. She crossed her arms and spoke to her best friend who was sobbing beside her. "It's no fair! Why can't we manage to befriend them?!"

The girl's best friend sobs harder, watching SeHun pinching the girl's cheeks. Her heart almost shattered in pieces when she saw Jong In acting as if he was protecting the girl from SeHun's playfulness. How she wished she was the girl SeHun's flirting with. She sniffed, looking away dramatically. "It's useless. We'll never be able to have them as our boyfriends, Mi Young."

"Shut up, Soo Jin!" The girl named Mi Young said, holding her best friend's shoulders. "We've been loving them ever since we're in middle school. We will have them now that we're in high school. Don't give up!" She encouraged Soo Jin who just sniffed and gave her a small smile. "Come on. Let's go follow them."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter