Yixing x Gangster III

EXO's Girlfriends (series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

021314.

Note:

Bold characters are happening at the present time. While the normal characters are happening in flashbacks.

I think this song fits this chapter so well so if you want to listen while reading, you may do so! :) (Thank You Thank You by Ra.D) 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

"Woah. You hugged her?" Jongdae said in disbelief and Yixing nodded. He smirked. "That was brave of you." This made almost everyone laugh while Yixing frowned.

"Mean." He mumbled and Jongdae grinned.

"I'm just joking, Yixing. Go on with your story. I bet the courtship follows." He said and Yixing smiled at the memory.

 

 

Yixing strummed his guitar to no particular song. His mind was filled with the happenings yesterday and it made him smile. He looked down on his guitar, trying to hide the sly smile on his face and his burning cheeks.

"Got 'ya." His heart jumped in surprise while he tried to balance himself by putting his hand on the concrete step. He looked at his side to see Minseok and he let out a relieved sigh.

"You surprised me." He said, holding the part of his heart. Minseok just rolled his eyes.

"You were too immersed in your thoughts." Minseok said.

Yixing just shrugged, positioning his guitar in front of him. "What's up?" He asked.

"Well, I was just walking around when I saw you. What are you doing out here when it's so freaking cold?" Minseok asked, his body shivering.

"Feeling the morning air? You should go home hyung before you catch a cold." Yixing said in concern.

"Nah. I'll stay with you here." He smiled and Yixing returned the same. "What are you playing, anyway?"

"Nothing." He replied and Minseok raised an eyebrow. "Hyung, how..." He trailed of, wondering whether to continue or not.

"How would you know if you like a person?" Minseok continued and Yixing looked at him, surprised. "Knew it."

"Well... I know if I like the person or not..." Yixing paused.

"You like her?" Minseok asked, making Yixing gulped.

"I'm not sure. I... I was just wondering... Because it feels so new... I mean, my heart always go crazy when she's near, and this desire to protect her... Ahhh! I don't know." He groaned, messing his hair and made the older guy laughed, seeing his friend like this for the first time.

"Let me see. When did you start noticing her?" Minseok asked looking at Yixing intently. Yixing bit his lower lip thinking.

"Quite sometime now. I mean... Since she sort of protect me..." The younger explained.

Minseok blinked. "Protect you?" He said, a little puzzled.

Yixing nodded his head. "Yeah. When I first came, she defended me from the bullies. I really don't know if she remembered but that was the very first time I began to think that she's cool and that I really want to get to know her and thank her." He added.

Minseok listened. He was surprised something like that happened. Yixing was already famous as soon as he came because of his good looks plus he hangs out with LuHan a lot so he didn't think there would be bullies coming after him. Minseok then nodded. "Is this why you kept on trying to talk to her?" He asked and Yixing nodded once.

"Umm... Then the question would be... Do you love her?" Yixing stilled. Is that it? Did he want an answer for that? Is he ready to know? Minseok laughed softly seeing his friend's reaction. He patted him on the shoulder. "Think about it."

 

 

Hee Young walked the corridors and for some obvious reasons, her heart was beating so fast. Her eyes were almost darting everywhere and Eun Hee and Mi Sun noticed it.

"Hey. Are you alright?" Mi Sun nudged her.

"H-Huh? O-Of course." Hee Young stuttered.

"You have been like this since you came back from the orphanage. Did anything happen back there?" Eun Hee asked worried because Hee Young had been acting quite weird. The latter narrowed her eyebrows at them, trying to compose herself.

"Nothing."

"You don't look like it, though." Mi Sun disagreed.

"Oh! Look, it's them!" Eun Hee said that Hee Young's heart jumped in surprise as she looked up and her friends laughed at her. She glared at them.

"What the? Are you teasing me?" She said and the two tried to stop themselves from laughing.

"You should've seen your face, Hee Young!" Mi Sun said in the midst of laughing, making Hee Young hiss and walk away.

"Whatever. I'm going." She said, feeling her cheeks burn but once she turned the corner she bumped into someone but the said person held her on the shoulders to keep her steady.

"Are you okay?" Her heart skipped a beat upon hearing the voice. She looked up to see Yixing looking down on her and she wriggled away.

"I'm fine." She said as she walked past him, leaving Yixing puzzled.

"Was she mad about last time?" He rubbed the back of his neck when the two girls appeared on both of his side.

"What happened?" Eun Hee and Mi Sun asked, scaring the crap out of Yixing.

"Yah. What are you two doing?" The two ignored him as if they were only interested on his answer for their question, and they were. "What what happened? Nothing happened. Aigoo. Go now before your boyfriends accuse me of stealing you girls away." He said and walked away. He was relieved when the two no longer followed him.

 

 

It was that day of the week again where all of them are going to have dinner at the restaurant near their school. It became a weekly routine, an automatic deal just to catch up with the happenings in their lives. Everyone is present, though the seating arrangement had changed. Mi Sun was sitting in between Cho Hee and Eun Hee, obviously far away from LuHan who was seated next to Minseok. Everyone knew what happened between the two and they want to respect their silence about it. At least they can still act civil and normal to each other right? As long as the two are present, it's okay.

But of course, there will be one person in the group who's going to make everything awkward.

"Looks like something changed in you, Mi Sun." BaekHyun who was sitting opposite her said. He smirked when she raised an eyebrow. "You're wearing make-up, yes?"

"It's none of your business, Byun BaekHyun." Cho Hee was the one who answered. Mi Sun sighed, not giving a reaction to his statement and just focused on her food instead. This is why she doesn't want to come. Someone would always . She bet if she's not actually wearing make-up today, people will still find a way to .

"It looks unnatural, to be honest." Mi Sun stopped, hearing clearly what that familiar voice just said. She eyed him, her face emotionless.

"Not really asking for your opinion, LuHan." Mi Sun said before looking down on her food again. Her heart was thumping fast, she is annoyed. Hurt. Don't you dare cry right now, Mi Sun.

Everyone kept quiet after that. Their surrounding seemed so tensed. But not too long when Yixing speaks all of a sudden.

"Do you know the feeling of being sleepless?" Yixing asked, making all of their heads turn to him. The question made them turn their attention solely on him. "The type when you just can't stop thinking about that person? That no matter what you do, the thought of that person will just enter your mind. You would always want to be with her or even just to see her, it would already make your day."

Everyone at the table was dumbfounded with what Yixing just said, not because they don't have a clue on what to say but rather because they were surprised by Yixing's sudden questions.

Screeching sounds were made as Kris pulled back a chair to settle down beside his girlfriend. "Who's in love?" He asked.

"Me? In love?" Yixing said and some of the boys shook their heads in disbelief. Smirks were on their faces as they looked at their friend who was still in deep thought.

"It took long for you to realize." Minseok murmured, making Yixing's face blush.

"Don't worry." Eun Hee smiled at Yixing. "I think Hee Young feels the same."

Yixing blushed even more at Eun Hee's statement. Is there really a chance for Hee Young to fall in love with him too?

"I just hope you don't change the Hee Young you met now." Mi Sun said meaningfully. She smiled then resumes in eating her food. Little did she know was that LuHan is watching her silently.

 

 

The day of the tournament came. Yixing was glad to see the cast on Hee Young's arm now gone. Yixing bought two tickets for them. She requested the seat farthest from the field and so even if Yixing wanted to watch the game up-close, he had no other choice but to sit on the bleachers. It's the main goal anyway. To watch the baseball game with Hee Young.

 

 

The game went on. Different year levels from SM High gathered and supported the varsity team as well as the students from their rival school cheered for their team. Hee Young watched her co-team members enter the field when their names were being called. She smiled unconsciously, silently praying for their safety and win. Little did she know, Yixing was looking at her and fighting the urge to hug her right there and then. It was the first time he saw her looking like this. Her eyes screams hope and happiness, even though inside, she was still hurt and sad from not being able to play. Yixing smiled, patting her hands that was on her lap. "They're going to win, don't worry."

Hee Young looked at him, the smile was still on her lips. "Without me in their team? I doubt." She rolled her eyes away, making Yixing speechless and dumbfounded. But she turned to him a few seconds later and said, "Just kidding. I trust my team. I know they're going to win."

Yixing slowly flashed a sincere smile. His dimples showing on his cheeks and Hee Young took notice of it. She looked back at the field, her heart racing inside her chest.

 

 

SM High won with 6-1. Students from the said school are shouting and yelling the members' names including Hee Young's. This shocked her. She didn't even feel Yixing moving closer to her side. She didn't feel his arm wrapping around her shoulder because people were chanting her name and it felt so overwhelming.

"I know you're going through a lot these past few weeks, H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter