Jong In x Nerd III

EXO's Girlfriends (series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

120213.

Note:

Bold characters are happening at the present time. While the normal characters are happening in flashbacks.

 

 

Chapter 3

 

"Things were complicated back then, right?" LuHan asked, leaning on the back of his seat.

"Yeah..." Jong In answered simply, reminiscing more of the love story of him and his girlfriend.

"Wait. What made things complicated?" Kyungsoo asked and everyone turned to him, shaking their heads.

"Dude, are you sure you're my best friend?" Jong In answered and continued on the story.

 

 

Her phone rang and she grabbed it beside her and yet, it was another text from the unknown number. She didn't want to read it but ignoring it could bring more harm so she opened the message.

I'm warning you. Dare to do something and you'll regret it.

"Hey, Eun Hee." She jumped on her seat and she immediately kept her phone inside her blazer's pockets. Jong In looked at her worriedly so he leaned in and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm okay. Let's begin." She said but Jong In didn't believe her. He let her off though since he still have time with her later when he brings her home.

After the tutoring lessons, they both left together and Jong In walked her home. He kept on bothering her, asking how was her day, what will she be doing when she reached home, and just random things to make the conversation going and luckily, she was responding with more words compared before.

She was more comfortable with his presence too. It was safe to say that she was enjoying his presence as well.

"That's ridiculous."

"What? It's true!" Eun Hee couldn't help but laugh at this and Jong In caught it, making him smile. "You should laugh more often." He said making Eun Hee's face heat up. "Oh. C'mon. I'm complimenting you! It's true!"

Eun Hee walked fast, feeling her face turning pink and Jong In caught up with her. He dropped the topic and thought that it was the right time to ask again about what was bothering her.

"Are you okay? You didn't answer me a while ago." Jong In asked, peering at her face. Eun Hee avoided his gaze, afraid that he'll caught her blushing.

"Yes. I'm okay." She said.

"Are you sure? You don't look like it." Jong In said, knowing that she was lying.

"I'm sure. Don't worry about it, okay? I could manage myself." She said.

"I doubt." Jong In said, inserting his hands in his pockets as he looked up. Eun Hee stopped walking and looked at him, making him stop and turn to her.

"I'm really okay. Nothing to worry about." She said, hoping Jong In would stop. Jong In kept quiet, looking at her and it made her a little uncomfortable so she looked away and began walking. Jong In watched her back for a while before sighing and walking by her side.

"Okay. Fine. But you could tell me anything. I'll listen." Jong In said, shrugging. He didn't want to force her because she might get mad.

They reached her house then and she faced him. "We're here." She said and Jong In nodded.

"I see." He said and Eun Hee rolled her eyes while Jong In laughed.

"You should go now. I'll see you tomorrow." Eun Hee said, making Jong In smile.

"Oh, so now you tell me you want to see me?" He grinned and Eun Hee blushed.

"That's not what I mean. We'll see each other during tutoring." She said and Jong In let out a smirk.

"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." Jong In said before taking a step back without taking his eyes off of her. "Go in first and then I'll go." He said and Eun Hee sighed, obeying. When she got inside, she closed the gate and walked to their doorstep before looking back and see Jong In still there.

"Go." She said and Jong In smiled before he waved and walked away.

 

 

"Do we really have to attend it?" Jong In asked and SeHun nodded.

"Yeah. We would get scolded if we miss it." SeHun responded. They were on their way to the dance room. He had no time to go to the library because they were also dismissed late and they had to go to the dance room immediately. He was just hoping it was just a short meeting and if it'll take sometime, he wish she'll wait.

Eun Hee sat at the table they usually occupy and five minutes had just passed so she waited thinking they might have been dismissed late. Her phone suddenly rang and a familiar number came up. She bit her lower lip. It kept on vibrating but she didn't want to answer so she ended it. Her phone vibrated and she sighed, seeing a message from somebody she just wanted to avoid.

I hope you could come. I'll be waiting.

She put her phone away. She looked at the time and seventeen minutes had already passed. She grabbed her cellphone, thinking of texting Jong In when she remembered that she didn't have his phone number. She decided to wait more but thirty minutes had already passed but there was no sign of him. She sighed, thinking he might not show up anymore. She grabbed her things, fixed it in her bag and left.

When she reached out the building, there were still some students lingering around. She walked towards the gate and when she reached out and turned the corner, her heart skipped a beat to see a familiar face, leaning on the wall of their school. She took a step back, wanting to ran away when the said person looked up and saw her.

"Eun Hee." She took another step back as he stepped closer to her and she turned, running but she knew that he was a better runner so he caught her and grabbed her arm. "Eun Hee. Listen to me."

"Let go." She said, not looking at him.

"Look at me." He said in a stern voice but she didn't and he forcefully turned her to face him.

Eun Hee glared at him, still trying to pull herself away but what can she do? He's much stronger than her. "I said let go." She gave up on trying to release herself from his grip, her eyes looking down while her voice sounding low and... Hurt.

Bang Yongguk loosened the tightness of his hold on Eun Hee, seeing his ex-girlfriend looking uncomfortable and it is the least thing he wanted. He breathe out, caressing her hand gently. "Is that how you're going to greet me on my birthday?"

She bit on her lower lip, glancing at him a little then looking down again. "You're too old to even celebrate a party just for kids."

Yongguk slowly let out a smile, the Eun Hee he once knew is still the same. "I missed you." He said, making her heart skip its beats just like the old times. But she knows everything will never be the same again. So Eun Hee looked up to him, kindly asking to let her hand go before people starts to notice their skinship. Yongguk on the other hand lets go that easily which surprised her. "All you have to do is to ask nicely." He flicked her forehead, making her frown in annoyance.

"Ouch." Eun Hee rubbed her forehead, sending Yongguk a semi-glare. "I don't have anything for you so I'll just greet you. Happy Birthday, Yongguk."

Yongguk put his hands inside his pockets, looking at her with hopeful eyes. "The kids planned out a small party in my house. And they already miss you so..." His voice trails off, waiting for Eun Hee's answer.

For a split second, she thought of Jong In. How would he react if he goes to the library and finding her not in there? Will he be mad at her? 'He's late.' Her mind reminded, making her pout her lips. If there is someone who should be mad between them, it is her. She waited for half an hour and she doubted that he'll still meet her. But Eun Hee was sure that he'll understand that sometimes, they need to be apart too. And besides, Jong In is always with her every single day. And the moment she looked up at her past lover, she let out a smile and said, "I kinda missed them too."

 

 

Jong In took out his phone from his pocket, scrolling through his contact list but then realizing that he haven't got Eun Hee's number yet. "Idiot." He sighed to himself, putting the gadget on his pocket once again. He looked around the library and there are only a few students left, he wondered if she even wait for him or not. But every time his mind would think that she didn't, his heart will clench making him sadder second by second.

After the meeting in the dance room, Jong In rushed his way to the library immediately. He was 35 minutes late from their usual time of tutoring sessions and all of his hopes that she's still there waiting for him vanishes the moment he entered and seeing familiar faces but there was no Go Eun Hee.

Jong In sighed for the nth time, realizing that she probably went home already. He stood up and sling the strap of his bag over his shoulder when his phone rang inside his pockets. 'It's probably Eun Hee.' He thought, qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter