Chapter 2

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

I was waiting for the bus to arrive because Sunggyu and Myungsoo will come to the café to pick me up to get me a dress for the gala tomorrow. I waiting patiently when a car stop in front of me then a man gets out of the car and my eyes widen when I saw who it is. It’s the guy yesterday who almost hit me but why he’s here? He was wearing a suit and tie with shiny black suede shoes. All the passengers whose also waiting for the bus looks at him and they started to whisper with each other when the guy sits beside me that’s why I move away from him.

 

“After I helped you yesterday, this is what you repay me?” the guy smirked. I look at the other people and all of them are looking at us. It feels uncomfortable that’s why I quickly stood to walk away but he caught my wrist.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” I gulped before I turn my head towards him.

 

“W-What do you want?” I stutters and I heard him chuckle.

 

“You still didn’t pay me for helping you yesterday, why don’t you treat me something?” the guy crossed his arms against his chest and raised an eyebrow. I think about it for a moment before I answer him.

 

“I didn’t have enough money to treat you something expensive.” I answered and I heard him sigh.

 

“I already expect that but why don’t you treat me something at the café you’re working at? I heard their brewed coffee is really good but you can also add some French toast, if you like.” He simply said and I gulp again. Oh no, this is bad. I need to save up money for my mother.

 

“O-Okay” I nervously said with that, he stood up and come to his car while I was thinking how much it cost. Our brewed coffee costs about 8,000KW while our French toast cost about 5,000KW per order. It’s already 13,000KW, with that amount of money, I already can buy my mom one box of pills that contains 30 pieces. Omo! Otteoke?

 

“Yah, what are you waiting for? You always make me wait for you.” I heard him say and immediately look around and all of them also looking at me. I quickly went to him and get in his car. Once he gets inside the car, he repeatedly clicked his tongue; I keep fidgeting on my seat because he’s so uncomfortable to be with besides he’s still a stranger. I don’t have to come with him, what if he does something to me? What if he takes me somewhere far away from here and kills me? My mind was filled with different scenario that can happen to me when I heard him clear his throat.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not gonna kill you and throw your lifeless body on the river.” My eyes got wide once he said it. My body starts to tremble and my knees getting weak then, I heard him laugh.

 

“You should look at your face on the mirror.” He said between his laugh. I want to punch his face for fooling me around but I’m afraid he will push me out of the car that’s why I just look outside and it looks like it’s gonna rain. Then, I suddenly think about my dad, what is he doing up there in heaven. Did he watch me over and make sure I was safe? I missed my dad, it’s been 10 years since he died in a car accident and I was only 9 years old at that time. Since my dad died, my mom works harder for me, to give me good life but she got sick when I was 16 years old that’s why I quitted form school and started to work to survive. How I wish my dad was still here with us, living our lives well.

 

“We’re here” the guy announced and I snapped back to reality. I didn’t notice that we’re already here at the café. I’m the first one gets out of the car and directly comes inside the café and saw that EXO is here again.

 

“Jihye-ah” Jino beamed from afar while waving at me. I walk towards him and put my bag over the counter. Jino was about to say something when the guy entered the café.

 

“Good morning sir. Welcome to Star Café.” Jino greeted but he just ignores him and went to the table near the window. I excuse myself to walk to the guy who’s frowning.

 

“Wait here, I will get your coffee and toast.” I started to walk away when my eyes landed on EXO whose busy talking and laughing about something. I glance at Kris who’s having his own world, it looks like he’s typing something on his phone while he’s brow furrows.

 

“Are you going to stand there or what?” the guy hissed and I lowered my head, embarrassed if EXO saw me being scolded by a customer. I hurriedly went to the kitchen and prepare the coffee and toast. When I was done, I put it together on a tray and serve it to him.

 

“Here it is Sir” I said and I saw him raised an eyebrow while looking at me.

 

“Sit” He ordered as he picks up the cup of coffee but I didn’t budge on my place. I keep standing there and I noticed that he started to be annoyed.

 

“Do you want me repeat it Ms. Kang? I said sit” the guy sternly said and my eyes widen.

 

“H-How did you know my n-name?” I asked him still surprised on how in the world he knew my name but he just smirked at me.

 

“Well, just simple…I have my source.” The guy said after he sips the coffee.

 

“So, are you going to sit or not?” He tested me and I sigh in defeat. I sit across him still holding the tray while I keep playing with my thumb because of nervousness.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not gonna bite you. I just want to ask you something.” The guy turned serious now and it makes me more nervous.

 

“W-What is it?” I nervously asked him and he sigh.

 

“I was looking for my long lost sister, she was been kidnapped when she was only 5 years old and until now we didn’t find her.” The guy said and lean his back on the chair while I was looking at him filled with confusion.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked him and his dark orbs looking at me.

 

“I found out in your profile that you’re originally from Busan before you and you’re mother moved here in Seoul when your father died. Do you by any chance know Kang Jungsoo?” My eyes widen once I heard the name. That’s my uncle.

 

“Don’t ever think of lying Ms. Kang. Just tell me the truth. I saw on your profile that you and Kang Jungsoo used to live in one place, maybe he’s one of your neighbors.” He continued.

 

“Honestly, he’s…my uncle” I confessed and his eyes glistened in happiness but why?

 

“Do you know where he is right now? We’ve been looking for him for a long time and I have to talk to him about my sister. Someone told us that he knows where my sister is.” the guy asked in full of hopes but how can I answer him if I also know where he is?

 

“I don’t know where he is, the last time I saw him was when he visited us here in Seoul last year.” I said and his expression changed.

 

“I hired an investigator to find him but it seems like someone is protecting him from us but did you see him with a little girl when you’re younger?” he asked me and my brows knitted, thinking carefully if I saw him with a little girl.

 

“No, I haven’t seen him.” I said and he sighs again.

 

“If one day from now he visits you, tell me.” He took out his wallet and put it down on the table.

 

“I’ll go ahead. Thank you for your information.” He stood up from his seat and left me dumbfounded. When I was about to run after him, but I bumped into someone.

 

“Aahh!” I yelped in pain as I fell on my . I was going to stand up when I felt a pair of strong arms help me to stand up. I dusted myself and bowed several times but when I saw who it is, my eyes widen.

 

“I’m sorry” I apologized and walk away but he caught my wrist.

 

“Are you sure, you’re okay?” Kris asked me and I nodded. I look at his hand which still holding my wrist and when he realized it, he immediately let go of my wrist.

 

“I’m sorry” he rubbed the back of his head. I gave him a small smile to assure that I’m really okay when Myungsoo entered the café with Sunggyu behind.

 

“Jihye-ah” Myungsoo greeted me but when he saw Kris standing beside me, his expression changed. Kris seems understand it and leave me, following his friends outside the café.

 

“Are you two close to each other?” Myungsoo waved his index finger.

 

“No, I accidentally bump into him and I fell on my . He’s just helping me to stand up.” I explained and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“So, are you ready Jihye-ah?” Sunggyu asked me and I nodded.

 

“But wait, I need to say goodbye to them.” I said and I saw Jino cleaning a table.

 

“Jino, I’ll go ahead.” I said as I grabbed my bag on the counter and he nodded his head. All of us came out of the café and went to Myungsoo’s car. Sunggyu automatically get in to the back seat as Myungsoo open the door of the passenger seat for me.

 

“I should be the one on the back seat” I said and I heard Sunggyu laugh.

 

“It’s okay Jihye, don’t worry about me.” Sunggyu reassured but I’m still hesitating.

 

“Aish, just get in” Myungsoo pushed me to get in. Once he closed the door, he immediately went to the driver seat. Suddenly, he leans in at me until his face is an inch away from mine.

 

“W-What are you doing?” I stutter and I heard Sunggyu chuckled.

 

“You forgot your seatbelt” Myungsoo said and look at me with a smile on his face while I blushed in embarrassment. He pulled away from me and starts to drive off to the dress shop while Sunggyu is smiling like an idiot at the back. After the 10 minutes ride, we arrived in front of the dress shop. Myungsoo gets off first to open the door for me.

 

“Come on. We’re here.” Myungsoo smiled at me. I come out of the car and look at the row of dress shop in awe.

 

“You will be the most beautiful girl tomorrow Jihye-ah” Sunggyu said from behind.

 

“But, I don’t have enough money to buy a dress.” I said and Sunggyu clicked his tongue.

 

“Don’t worry about it, come on” Myungsoo pulled me with him followed by Sunggyu. Once we entered the shop, all the staffs greeted us. We directly went to the second floor for my dress. Myungsoo was the one busy picking the right dress for me while, me and Sunggyu is sitting on the couch.

 

“Hey, what do you think of this one?” Myungsoo showed us a really short dress. My eyes got wide while Sungggyu stood up from his seat and come to him.

 

“Yah! What do you think of her? e?” Sunggyu smack his head.

 

“I’m just kidding hyung, but I can’t pick the right dress for her.” Myungsoo complained as he put back the dress he was holding.

 

“Move. I will pick for her.” Sunggyu pushed away Myungsoo and starts to examine every dress while Myungsoo sits beside me. Both of us stayed quiet will watching Sunggyu.

 

“I feel like a burden now.” I said out of the blue and Myungsoo move closer to me.

 

“You’re not a burden, don’t think it that way.” Myungsoo said and patted my back.

 

“I think this is the right one” Sunggyu showed a dress that’s really beautiful. He was smiling widely at me while waving the dress in his hand. Myungsoo immediately stood up form his seat and come to him.

 

“Wow hyung, I never thought you’re this good. I wonder why I didn’t notice this one” Myungsoo said as he looks closely at the dress.

 

“Come on Jihye-ah, try this one” Sunggyu gestured me to come. I slowly come towards them and take the dress to try if it fits me. The staff guided me to the changing room as the guys patiently waiting, sitting on the couch while reading magazine. I took off my clothes and put the dress and I was amazed that it really fits my body, it seems like it was been made just for me. I look at myself in front of the mirror to take a look of myself wearing this; I actually can’t take my eyes of myself, admiring my own self. I feel like a princess right now, a commoner who became a princess. After few minutes, the staff asked me to come out, I was nervous if they will like it.

 

“Sir…here she is” I heard the staff said. Once I come out of the room, both of the guys jaw dropped when they saw me.

 

“Oh my…I didn’t know you’re this beautiful Jihye-ah.” Myungsoo said as he stares at me.

 

“Yeah, amazing” Sunggyu smiled at me but I feel so embarrass that’s why I immediately come inside the room to change to my own clothes. After changing back, I hang the dress again and went back to them.

 

“Where’s the dress?” Sunggyu asked me.

 

“I think it’s so expensive, I can’t afford it.” I shyly said and I heard of them chuckled.

 

“Hey miss, we’ll the dress.” Sunggyu told the staff. I was about to protest but Myungsoo pulled me to sit down.

 

“You two go downstairs first and wait for me.” Myungsoo said while Sunggyu pulled me with him to walk downstairs. Both of us are waiting for him and after a few minutes, Myungsoo come down with the bag.

 

“Come on, we’ll take you home.” Myungsoo hold my hand while Sunggyu frowned.

 

“Take me home first, I need something to do then, you can drive her home.” Sunggyu said.

 

“Okay hyung come on” Myungsoo nodded and we come out of the dress shop. We get in to the car and drove Sunggyu home. After we dropped him off to their dorm, Myungsoo took me home.

 

“Thank you Myungsoo, I promise I will repay you” I bowed at him being thankful for the dress.

 

“You don’t have to.” Myungsoo answered and give me the bag but it’s not only one bag, it’s two.

 

“Why it is two bags?” I confusedly asked him.

 

“The other one is the one I picked for you, I hope you like it.” Myungsoo smiled at me. I was about to give back the other one but he refused to take it.

 

“Keep it so if Infinite has an event to attend, you can come with us wearing that dress I bought for you.” Myungsoo said and I nodded.

 

“Thank you so much.” I hug him because he’s so nice to me actually all of them, they’re nice and caring to me like I’m their own sister.

 

“You’re welcome. See you tomorrow. I will pick you up here.” Myungsoo said before I get out of his car. I waved my hand and he drove off.


Ahahaha, I actually didn’t know what to write so it ends up like this. I hope all of you still like it. And stay tuned for gala night, something will happen there. Ekeke

 

Thank you to all you who subscribe, comment and upvote.