Chapter 7

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

The next day has come, after taking a shower and wears the dress that Woobin oppa bought for me; I called Chaeyoung to pick me up. We actually have to go to SM Entertainment for our school benefit concert and because our class is in charge of the production, we want to ask the said entertainment company regarding EXO’s performance. We already went to Woollim the other day and I like the people who work there, they are all nice and SM is our last to visit. I was nervous because I know that I might see Kris there because honestly, every time I saw him my heart can’t stop beating so fast like I’m in a race.

 

“Are you in SM?” I asked myself in front of the mirror while checking myself when I heard someone knocks on my room. I quickly went outside the bathroom to open the door.

 

“Soojin-ah!” Chaeyoung exclaimed once I open the door and give me a tight hug. I chuckled because she’s always been like this every time we meet like we haven’t seen each other for a long time and I really like that, she’s like my omma in school.

 

“Where are Minah and Ahra?” I asked and look around but they’re nowhere to be seen.

 

“Minah called that she’s going to be late because her sister arrived from London and Ahra I don’t know but she said she’s going to meet someone before she go with us. So, it means it’s just the two of us for now, they will just follow” She said while looking for something in her sling bag.

 

“Oh, here it is” She took out two cards from her bag and waves them in front of my face.

 

“What’s that?” I pointed at the two cards she was holding and she smirked.

 

“This is our SM’s visitor’s pass, if you want to visit the building you have to get this one first unless you’re their artist or employee.” She simply said and threw herself on my bed.

 

“Where did you get that?” I curiously asked her and sit on the edge of the bed. She sat up and gave me a look.

 

“Are you kidding me, Kim Soojin? Of course I asked my father.” She rolled her eyes. Oh geez, how can I forget that her family owns one of the top tv station here in Korea and her brother is a member of Super Junior, Choi Siwon. Yeah, you read it right she’s Choi Siwon’s little sister Choi Chaeyoung while Minah and Ahra’s father are business partners.

 

“Ehehe…mianhae” I made a peace sign while she’s glaring at me.

 

“Come on, we have to be there on time. Lee Sooman doesn’t like someone who’s late in their appointment or meeting” She stood up and pulled me along with her. We went downstairs and saw Woobin oppa on the couch while sipping his coffee.

 

“Where are you two going?” Woobin oppa put down the cup of coffee and stands up with his arms crossed.

 

“We’re going to SM entertainment for our schools benefit concert two weeks from now; we are in charge of the production. I already told you about it last night oppa, did you forget it?” I bit my bottom lip while looking on the floor waiting for what he was about to say.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry I forgot about it. I’m busy with our business expansion on China these past few days.” Woobin oppa said and I immediately look to him.

 

“I’m going to China tonight, so Soojin-ah takes care of Appa and Omma. Be a good girl while I’m gone okay?” Woobin oppa said and I felt sad about it.

 

“Woobin oppa, you sound like you’re not gonna come back” Chaeyoung gave him a look.

 

“And you, take care of my sister. Don’t ever let her be with a guy, you know what I mean.” Oppa pointed his finger on Chaeyoung. Wait, are they hiding something from me? I confusedly look at the two when Chaeyoung grabbed my wrist and pulled me with her.

 

“Yah, don’t you dare leave when I’m still talking. Yah!!!”  I heard my brother’s rant fades away as Chaeyoung closed the two metal doors behind her. Both of us get in her 2014 Audi R8, which she always used. The ride was silent until Chaeyoung asked something I didn’t expect her to ask.

 

“Mind telling me about your secret?” She asked with her eyes still focusing on the road. I was speechless or should I say stiffen with her question. Did she already found out about the role playing thing? I look at her with wide eyes but she didn’t bother to glance at me.

 

“W-what are y-you talking about?” I stutter and she heaved a sigh before stopping the car to the side of the road and look at me.

 

“Look, I know what your secret is so tell me, Kang Jihye.” I swallow hard when I heard her said my real name then I lowered my head.

 

“I’m sorry, actually I’m not the real Kim Soojin. I’m just pretending to be her because of my sick mother. I badly need money for her treatment and Mr. Kim offered me huge amount that can help my mother by pretending to be his long lost sister. I actually didn’t want to do it but I have no choice. I’m really sorry” I said as tears started to slipped from my eyes that’s blurring my sight. I waited for her to say something but all she did is sighing and shook her head. I’m waiting for her to slap me because I fooled her but nothing’s coming.

 

“I understand you because if I’m on your situation, I would also do it for my mother even though I know it’s really bad.” She leans in and gave me a tight warm hug. I cried harder because I felt really guilty with I’m doing right now.

 

“Shhhh…stop crying. I’m here for you, always remember that.” She rubbed my back comforting me and keep telling me that no matter what happens, she’s always be my friend.

 

“Thank you so much Chaeyoung-ah, I promise I will tell Minah and Ahra about this soon.” I assured her but she shook her head.

 

“You don’t have to because they also know about this but we decided to keep our mouth shut because we want to hear it from you. I know you’re not a bad girl so we trust you.” She gave me a smile and I nodded a few times before hugging her again.

 

“Stop being a drama queen Jin-ah, look at your face you look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer.” She said and laughs while starting the cars engine and drove off to SM building.

 

“You know what; Soojin and I are best friends when we were kids. We used to play together with our Barbie dolls and always go to the beach with our omma’s then playing piano with our appa’s but one day; someone took her away from her family and me. Since then, I’m afraid to have friends until I met Minah and Ahra on fifth grade. We became best of friends and I also told them about Soojin and we promised that we will look for her.” She told me with her eyes becomes teary.

 

“You will find her soon, I will help you” I console her from crying, she looks fragile and I never thought she has this soft side because she always shows us her strong side. She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand and continues to drive.

 

“We are here” She announced and I turned my head outside and saw a huge building. I look at the building in awe because honestly, this is my first time going to an entertainment company. Both of us got out of the car and walks in the lobby. Chaeyoung just show them our visitor’s pass and they let us go inside the building. I looked around the building and then, I spotted EXO from afar when Chaeyoung’s phone rang.

 

“Jin-ah, wait here I have to take this call” She said and left me alone the hall then I looked back at EXO. I was looking for Kris but I can’t see him, its just the 11 of them minus Kris. I was about to approach them but I think their manager called them. I sit down on the couch at lobby waiting for Chaeyoung but it’s already been 15 minutes but she didn’t comeback yet. I became worried for her. What happened to her? I stood up from my seat and wander around the building to look for her when I saw Kris entered a room. I followed him and I heard he’s talking to someone. I could hear they are shouting to each other and if I’m right he’s with a girl. The door was about to open but I managed to hide by turning around from the door and pretending I was walking to the other side.

 

“Soojin, Is that you?” I heard a voice from behind. I slowly turned around and saw Kris looking at me.

 

“Oh Kris, I was looking for Chaeyoung but I can’t find her.” I gave him a smile and he smiled back at me when my phone vibrates.

 

From: Chaeyoung

 

 

Jin-ah, something come up I can’t be with you today. I already talked to Mr. Lee’s secretary to cancel the appointment with us. I’m sorry, I’ll call you later. TT.TT

 

I pouted after I finished reading her message and Kris walks to me.

 

“What are doing here? Where’s your friend?” Kris asked me and I sighed and look up at him.

 

“I was with Chaeyoung earlier but she got a call from someone then she left me alone at the lobby but I got bored that’s why I tried to look for her then I got a message from her that she really left me because something come up.” I explained while Kris nodding his head in understanding.

 

“Do you want me to tour you here?” He asked me and widely smiles at him.

 

“Jinja?! I love that!” I exclaimed in excitement and Kris walks first followed me behind. He shows me the recording studio and met some of the artists, to their dance studio where they practice, the cafeteria, gym and meeting room. All in all it was awesome and I’m happy to see the whole place.

 

“I want to show you something, come with me” He suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him. He took the stairs and my eyes widened in surprise when we got to the place.

 

“Woah, it’s so beautiful” I said with my eyes didn’t leave the sunset. Its quiet blinding me because of the sun rays but it was amazing seeing this with him.

 

“I often go here whenever I have a problem or I’m stressed because I can see the sunset and the cityscape from here, it’s so relaxing especially at night” He said without looking at me. He keeps telling me about the things he experienced when he was still a trainee, how hard it is to be far with your family and how he worked hard just to debut after 4 years of training.

 

“Kris…” I called his name and he turned to me with a smile. I’m nervous right now if I have to tell him about my feelings or not but this is only my chance.

 

“I have something to tell you” I bit my lower lip in nervousness and embarrassment while playing with my fingers.

 

“What is it?” He calmly asked me and I heaved a deep sigh before looking up at him.

 

“I like you…or should I say I love you” I said and lowered my head. I was waiting for him to answer but few minutes have passed and he still didn’t answer me. I felt like I was drowning in my place when he cleared his throat.

 

“I think we should go back inside now” he said and was about to walk away but I held his wrist.

 

“You don’t like me?” I shamelessly asked him.

 

“Do you want to know my answer?” He turned around with his cold expression and I nodded my head.

 

“I don’t love you and I will never love you like the way you love me. I only see you as my little sister and you’re just a fan. An idol will never be with a fan” He said before he finally walks away with his hands inside his pocket and my heart sank with his words.

 

“And one more thing, I’m sorry but I don’t want to see you again” with that he closed the door of the rooftop and left me alone. I can’t help it but to cry, I can’t believe he said that words to me and it keep ringing inside my head.

 

“I love you Kris” I fell on my knees and sobbed while the cold wind blows that soothing on my skin.

 


Oh my god!!! She finally confessed to him but he rejected her…What will happen next? And her friends finally find out about her secret but how did they know about it?

 

On the next chapter, it’s Kris POV since I always wrote the OC’s POV ehehe…this time I will write what Kris feels after Jihye/Soojin confessed to him.