Chapter 3

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

It was 6:30pm and I’m here at my room waiting for Myungsoo to pick me up as he promised yesterday. I’m already dressed up with the dress they bought me with my shoes and purse when I heard a honk. It must be him. I quickly went out of my room and go to my mom’s room to say goodbye.

 

“Mom, I’m going” I peek at her room and I saw her sitting on her bed with the pillows on her back to support her.

 

“Take care always” that was my mom said.

 

“Don’t worry mom, I’ll go home before midnight.” I smiled at her and she nodded. I went out of the house and saw Myungsoo on his car looking at me with a smile. As I get in the car, he can’t take of his eyes on me that make me uncomfortable.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that? It makes me uncomfortable.” I honestly said to him.

 

“I’m just amaze with your exquisite beauty; all the guys there will go crazy over you.” I bit my lower lips in embarrassment. Myungsoo starts the engine and drove off to the hotel where the party is. I’m just looking outside until I noticed him stop the car.

 

“We’re here” Myungsoo said and took a red box at the back seat.

 

“This is for you.” He handed me the box.

 

“What’s this?” I asked him as I took it from him. I open it and my eyes widened, it’s a silver heels with ribbon on the side. I look at him and he just smiling at me then gives me another box, a blue box. I open it and saw an elegant purse, I don’t know but I think this is too much for a girl like me.

 

“I can’t take this, I’m sorry” I give them all back to him.

 

“No, that’s all yours. Don’t you dare to give it back to me or else I’ll forget our friendship.” He said and I sighed in defeat again. Why do they always win over me? Myungsoo went out of the car and open the door at my side.

 

“Come on” Myungsoo pulled me while I’m holding the two boxes. We entered the hotel but we decided to stay at the lobby to wait for the others suddenly, Myungsoo took the boxes from my hands and pulled me to sit. When I finally seated, Myungsoo kneel down in front of me and took my right foot. I was watching him sliding in the shoe on my feet once he’s done, he look up to me and gave me his sweetest smile. I don’t know what to react on that time because a lot of people at the lobby witness what he did.

 

“The shoes really suit you, you’re beautiful” He compliments me and I blushed. I was looking down at my feet that really sparkle because of the shoes. This is the first time I have something like this and it makes me I’m really special.

 

“Here’s your purse” He handed me the purse he also bought for me.

 

“I transferred all your stuff there.” He smiled at me. After I took the purse from him, we heard someone call our names. Both of us look at the direction where it came from and saw his friends waving at us.

 

“Wow! Who’s this beautiful over here?” Dongwoo grinned. I was so shy at that time that why I just look down on the floor, avoiding their glances at me but Sunggyu lifted up my head.

 

“Don’t look down Jihye-ah, you look really beautiful tonight.” Sunggyu said and I nodded.

 

“A lot of girls there might be jealous.” Sunjong said and the others nodded.

 

“Come on we should walk now at the red carpet.” Sungyeol pulled Hoya and Sungjong.

 

“Wait, where’s Woohyun?” Myungsoo asked and look around.

 

“He’s with Eunbi. Oh, here they are!” Dongwoo point his index finger at Woohyun and his girlfriend.

 

“Sorry guys we’re late” Woohyun apologized.

 

“It’s okay, we also just got here. By the way, Jihye-ah this is Eunbi, Woohyun’s girlfriend and Eunbi this is Jihye, our special friend.” Sunggyu introduced us to each other.

 

“Annyeong. Kim Eunbi imnida” Eunbi waved her hand on me.

 

“Ah, annyeong Kang Jihye imnida” I bowed at her and she laugh. I look at her really confused. Why does she laugh at me?

 

“Ahaha…I’m sorry. It’s just you look really cute. I like you.” Eunbi told and come to me to hug me. I hug her back and I saw the boys smiled at us.

 

“That’s good then, shall we proceed to the red carpet? Woohyun said and pulled Eunbi along with him while Myungsoo gestured me follow them. I was walking with them at the red carpet and I’m really nervous, my hands starts to tremble followed by my knees and maybe Myungsoo noticed it that’s why he grabbed my hand and hold it tight to assure me that it’s alright. We stop in the entrance of the ball room for a picture when a reporter called Myungsoo by his stage name, L.

 

“L, why are you holding her hand? Is she your girlfriend? She’s beautiful” the reporter asked that makes my eyes really wide. I was trying to slide off my hand from him but he keeps tightening his hold on it.

 

“She’s someone important to me” Myungsoo gives them a smile. His answer makes my eyes grew wider than before.

 

“Oh, so you and Kim Doyeon are done?” one of the reporters asked. Who’s Kim Doyeon?

 

“Like I’ve said before, We’re just friends not romantically involve. So, if you excuse us.” Myungsoo lightly squeeze my hand and pull me with him. I don’t know what’s going on? Who’s Kim Doyeon? Does Myungsoo really have a girlfriend? There are a lot of questions running through my mind.

 

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked me and I nodded.

 

“Don’t mind them; they just always made issue about me that’s not true.” Myungsoo added.

 

“Who’s Kim Doyeon?” I asked him as he pulled the chair.

 

“She’s my former friend.” Myungsoo answered.

 

“Former?” I asked as I sit on the chair. He was about to answer when someone approach us and whisper something on his ear.

 

“I’ll be back” Myungsoo said. I was about to ask him where he’s going but he already left. Now, I was alone here at the big round table, I look around and saw EXO from the other table. Suho saw me and smiled at me, I was taken aback by that but in the end I smiled back at him. Maybe this is how idols socialize with others. I sighed because I was really bored but someone sits beside me. I turned my head and saw a girl with long black hair wearing a black tight dress looking at me with a smile but why does her smile look fake to me?

 

“Who are you to L?” the girl asked me.

 

“Excuse me?” I innocently look at her.

 

“Don’t play dumb okay? Is this your tactic to get him into your pants? Are you his new girlfriend?” the girl bombards me with question that I don’t really get what she means.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, excuse me.” I immediately stood up from my seat to walk away from here but she keeps following me until we reached at the corner of the ball room.

 

“Who are you? What do you really want from me?” I asked her looking straight in to her eyes.

 

“I’m Kim Doyeon and I want Kim Myungsoo. Will you be able to give him to me?” So she is Doyeon the reporter is talking about.

 

“He’s not mine either, so how can I give him to you? And, even if he’s mine, do you think I will give up on him that easy just because someone like you wants him?” I asked her back that make her angry and slap me. I was taken by surprise with that, I look around if someone saw it and luckily, all of them are busy talking with each other. After that, I ran out of the ballroom and went somewhere no one will bothers me. I went to the roof top to get some fresh air and to forget what happened earlier. I begin to cry to let out what I’m feeling inside because of that girl Doyeon when I felt someone stand beside me.

 

“Why are you crying?” I heard a deep voice asked me. I look up and saw Kris standing beside me with his hands inside his pocket looking at the buzzling city of Seoul.

 

“It’s nothing don’t mind me.” I wiped away my tears.

 

“I saw the two of you earlier.” Kris said and my eyes got wide.

 

“Don’t worry no one will find out about it but why does she slap you?” Kris finally turned to look at me that make me uneasy.

 

“I don’t know if I should tell you this but she wants Myungsoo.” I said and I saw him nodded.

 

“Did you really call him by his real name?” Kris leans back to the railing.

 

“He said he wants me to call him by his real name not his stage name” I said.

 

“Why? All of us in the industry know that he doesn’t want someone to call him by his real name unless you are from Infinite.” Kris said and my brows knitted in confusion.

 

“What do you mean?” I curiously asked him but he just ignores me and left me alone at the rooftop.


Sorry guys for the short update, it’s just I don’t know what to write. /rubbing the back of my head/ I promise I will give you longer update next time. Mianhaeyo. /bows 90degrees/

 

Please continue support my story, I will be grateful. Thank you so much to those who subscribe, comment and upvote