Chapter 5

Destiny: A Cinderella Story

I was now living in luxury, money, and fame but it seems like a dream to me, a beautiful dream that every girl wished. I don’t know how long I will live like this but I need to do this, for my mother. I know this is wrong but what can I do if this is the only way to help my mother recover from her sickness? By the way, all the maids here treat me like a princess, even my so called parents. Woobin oppa’s father can’t hide his happiness when he saw me and his wife, both of them can’t stop hugging me when I arrived at the house, they even throw a party for their long lost daughter which is me. I can still remember when someone told me that I really look like Mrs. Kim and all of them wish the family a happy life with me while Woobin oppa also treats me like his real sister, he always dropped me at the café every time I want to see my friends and speaking of my friends, all of them are shocked when they first heard the news about me being the long lost daughter of the Kim’s. I want to tell them the truth that I was being paid to do that but I can’t this is for my mother’s sake. Soora unnie and Sunmi was shocked because they thought that I was my mother’s real child who is really true and happy at the same time that I’m not going to live a hard life and I can have all the things in the world. The manager is happy at the same time sad because his hardworking employee will stop working there and there was EXO, all of them always looking at me from head to toe every time I was there at the café, maybe they’re thinking how in the world I became the daughter of the most influential family in Korea.

 

“Jihye-ah I mean Soojin, what are you doing here?” Jino asked me once he comes out of the kitchen of the café with a tray full of drinks.

 

“I just want to visit my friends, let me serve it” I said as I try to get the tray from him but he doesn’t allow me.

 

“No, I don’t want to lose my job because I let Kim Soojin do something she doesn’t have to do, besides you’re not working here anymore so you’re now our customer” Jino walk pass me and serve the drinks at the group of friends.

 

“So, how’s life being a princess huh?” Jino asked once he comes back at the counter.

 

“I’m still adjusting; you know I really know to socialize with a lot of people especially if they are coming from rich families.” I honestly said and lowered my head.

 

“Don’t worry you’re going to get used to it soon” Jino smiled at me when Jaesang oppa called him.

 

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Jino left me alone at the counter. I was looking around and I just realized that the café are full with customers.

 

“For table no. 3!” I heard Jaesang oppa said but no one is here with me. Jino is inside the kitchen maybe doing something and Soora unnie is busy getting the customer’s orders. I decided to get the tray and serve it and my god, its quiet heavy but I need to serve it quickly before the customers will get mad. While holding the tray, I started to walk towards table number 3 and my eyes widened, its EXO chatting with each other while waiting for their orders. I heaved a sigh before I continue to walk towards them.

 

“Here are you’re orders sir” I smiled and all of them turned to me. All of them watch me serving the drinks to them.

 

“You’re still working here?” Suho asked me and I shook my head.

 

“Now I know why you’re so close with Kim Sunggyu” Kai looks at me with his dark orbs.

 

“You know what, you look more beautiful today” Luhan compliments me while I’m blushing because of embarrassment and my eyes landed on Kris who’s busy sipping his drink and eating the cake.

 

“Jihye-ah!!!” I heard someone called me and I felt a pair of arms around my shoulders. I turned to look who is it and saw Sungjong with a grin.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked him and someone shove him away from me.

 

“I heard from hyung that you’re going here so we decided to go here to see you.” Sunggyu said and look at EXO.

 

“Hi” Sunggyu waved his hand on EXO and all of them nods.

 

“Where are the others?” I asked him.

 

“Why do you always look for someone isn’t here? Myungsoo is having a photo shoot while Dongwoo and Hoya are going somewhere and Woohyun he’s with Eunbi as usual.” Sunggyu explained to me.

 

“How about Sungyeol?” I look around and I saw him just entered the café.

 

“Looking for me?” Sungyeol slung his arm around my shoulder and I quickly shove his arm.

 

“Meanie” Sungyeol gave me a look while I stuck my tongue out and run behind Sunggyu.

 

“Yah!!!” He poited at me and ready to attack me when someone hold him, it was Myungsoo.

 

“I thought you’re in a photo shooting, why are you here?” Sunggyu asked him.

 

“I asked the photographer if we can continue it tomorrow and he agreed that’s why I’m here.” Myungsoo smiled at me but his gaze turn to EXO at the side. He gave them a warm smile and Suho is the only one smile back at him. Myungsoo pulled me with him while I’m looking at Sunggyu for help but he just smiled at me like an innocent child.

 

“Myungsoo” I called him but he just keeps walking at the streets while all the people looking at us maybe they recognized him.

 

“I just want to walk with you since we haven’t done it for such a long time.” He turned around and he was now walking backwards. He was about to bumped into someone when I hold his hand to pull him.

 

“That was close…” He blew air and gave me a smile but I glared at him.

 

“Be careful next time arasso?” I scolded him while he’s giggling. Both of us continue walking along the streets, watching every passerby and even counting them one by one while Myungsoo was just watching me.

 

“I never thought you’re Kim Woobin’s sister” he suddenly said while I immediately stopped what I’m doing to look at him.

 

“If you’re Sunggyu hyung’s cousin, it means we’re also related” He lowered his head while I’m looking at him confusedly.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

 

“Sunggyu hyung and Woobin hyung is also my cousin at my father’s side, so it means you’re my cousin” He said staring at the sky with his hands inside his pocket.

 

“Oh, really? Aren’t you happy?” I asked him looking at him.

 

“I am” He only said and starts to walk again.

 

“You don’t look like” I said and catch him up.

 

“I’m happy, if you’re happy, I’m also happy” Myungsoo put his hand on my shoulder and pull me closer to him.

 

“Come on let’s go back to the café” He said and walk ahead of me. When both of us came back at the café, I saw nothing but Sora unnie and Jino.

 

“Oh, Jihye-ah, where did you go? You’re brother just came here looking for you.” Sora unnie asked and look at Myungsoo.

 

“We just had a walk to bond” I answered but Myungsoo’s face become serious while looking at his phone.

 

“Anything wrong?” I asked him but he shook his head.

 

“No, it’s nothing by the way, I’ll go ahead Jihye-ah our manager wants to see me” Myungsoo bid goodbye while I just watched him left the café. What’s with him? He looks like he’s not in his own self today. Does he have a problem, but he didn’t say anything.

 

“Why did he look so down?” Sora unnie asked me.

 

“I don’t know unnie, by the way is your son’s okay now?” I asked her and she smiled at me with a nod.

 

“He’s getting better now since his father came to visit him yesterday.” She looks so happy; I wonder why they broke up.

 

“That’s good then unnie….oh, I’ll go ahead. I want to go somewhere.” I said and waved my hand at her.

 

“What if you’re brother come here to look for you again?” Sora unnie shouted.

 

“I’ll send him a message, bye!” I finally went out of the café. I actually didn’t know where to go when I remember Sunmi. I quickly took out my new phone gave by oppa from my bag and dialed her number.

 

Jihye-ah, wae?” I heard her asked and I chuckled.

 

“Are you free?” I asked her and I heard her sigh.

 

I’m here at my grandmother’s house and we are going to stay here overnight. I’m sorry chingu-yah” Sunmi sounded so sad that she wasn’t able to be with me but I understand.

 

“It’s okay maybe next time. Okay I’ll hung up just enjoy there.” I said with a smile on my face when I saw someone, Kris Wu. Sunmi was still talking on the phone when I accidentally pressed the end call button. I bring back my phone on my bag and follow him. He was wearing a cap with a mask on his face but I can still recognize him. I keep following him until I lost him, I look around and I saw no traces of him.

 

“Why are you following me?” I heard someone said, I slowly turned around and saw Kris leaning on the wall with his arms crossed against his chest.

 

“A-aniyo…I’m not following you. Bye.” I walk passed him but he caught my wrist and spun me around which accidentally sprained my ankle.

 

“Arggh!!” I groaned in pain but I didn’t realize that I was holding onto him. I look up and I saw him looking at me with his cold expression. I quickly pushed him away but I ended up fell on my . I tried to stand up on my own but I can’t, my ankle really hurt. When a lot of people looking at us, Kris immediately walk away leaving me with my sprained ankle. I crawled up on the wall to stand up and I succeed but the pain is still there.

 

“Get on my back” I heard Kris said. Did he come back? I was hesitating to come closer to him that’s why I just stand there when suddenly, he carried me bridal style. I was so shocked and I can’t even say a word, I just looking at him with wide eyes. He keeps walking until we reached the park and he gently put me down on one of the bench.

 

“Stay here, I’ll comeback” he said without looking at me and left me alone. I watched the other people at the park, the kids were playing with each other and the adults are either reading books or talking on the phone. I smiled at the sight because I don’t usually come to a park because I’m always working hard to earn money and I didn’t realize to have a rest and relax. I was busy watching them when Kris arrived with a plastic on his hand. He bended down in front of me and open the box of ointment. He gently squeezed it and put some on my foot with a plaster. I just look at him doing that, not uttering a word.

 

“I’m sorry” he suddenly said after put the plaster on my foot and sit beside me but I didn’t answer him.

 

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He continues while I keep staring down on my feet.

 

“I should be the one to say that, if I didn’t follow you this wouldn’t happen.” I admitted my mistake by following him.

 

“Mind telling me why you’re following me?” He turned his head to me.

 

“I’m just curious where you are going, that’s all. I didn’t have any intentions.” I answered him.

 

“But, how did you recognize me? Are a fan?” He asked in a playful tone and my eyes widened.

 

“How can I not recognized you, I always saw you at the café that’s why I already memorized you’re appearance even if you’re wearing something to cover to identity and I’m not a fan of yours neither your group.” I defended myself and he chuckled.

 

“Oh I see…by the way, don’t you want me to be your friend?” Kris asked and I almost choked my own saliva with what he said.

 

“f-friend?” I asked him again and he nodded.

 

“Yes a friend why? Don’t tell me you want something more?” he teasingly said and I look away.

 

“You’re blushing” he poke my cheek with his index finger and I glared at him.

 

“Okay fine, we’re friends” I give him my hand which he gladly took it and shook it.

 

“Thank you Kang Jihye” he smiled at me and my eyes widened in surprise. How did he know my name?


Updated [13.12.18] 6:48pm

Hi guys! Christmas break started and I'm kinda busy now buying christmas presents for my family and friends ahahaha and i think I'm not been able to update until December 25 but I'll try to update on Saturday but not quite sure though. XD Hope you'll wait for me ^^ Kamsahamnida!!!